The Game Thread!

It's hilarious that before I got the game I was hating on it,  you guys were saying it's amazing, now not so (except Dave) Yet now I have it I feel it's the best Mass Effect game overall, funny old world :joy:

The game reminds me of the film Prometheus, and I loved that film. 

Hughesy said:

It's hilarious that before I got the game I was hating on it,  you guys were saying it's amazing, now not so (except Dave) Yet now I have it I feel it's the best Mass Effect game overall, funny old world :joy:

The game reminds me of the film Prometheus, and I loved that film. 

I wouldn't say it's the best one but I'd say it's still worthy of the name though and it's a great game but for me I'd still say ME2 is still the benchmark as a package as that was near perfect for me as it had a mix of everything in terms of varietyof missions and a good solid story as well. ME3 I felt ran it close until the ending I felt. But I do love MEA and the space battles you see at the end when you turn the remenant against the Kett and the final space battle scenes as you begin the final missions are very movie like. In fact they kind of remind me a bit of some of the Dominion war space battles in Star Trek DS9 and the battle just before the final mission of ME3 as well to an extent. although better looking than the ME3 battle du e to the newer engine. Have to admit I liked the way everyone chips in to help you take the Archon down though in the end of the story. Cool stuff all  the way through.

Hopefully now it's being patched it'll look and play even better because for me other than the constant crashing I was suffering from I was really loving the game. I would probably put it above ME3. I like it but just below ME1 and 2 as for me they were the games that set the standard in terms of story. But that's only if I had to judge it in comparison to the trilogy.I'd still say it's an amazing game but I wouldn't hold it up to trilogy standards just yet but that's because MEA hasn't yet had a sequel or 2 of it's own yet. If and until that happens personally I'd say it would be unfair to compare it with the trilogy.

ME2 was great, but I just feel MEA is better. There's just so much more to do. The gun mechanics are just so much better, so firefights are a lot more fun. Then with the jetpack thrown in where you can float in the air and shoot just ads another level. The planets are interesting to explore, something the previous games didn't have I feel. 

Some of the characters are dull, but that really doesn't bother me. I'm a lone wolf, so I don't care :joy:

Hughesy said:

ME2 was great, but I just feel MEA is better. There's just so much more to do. The gun mechanics are just so much better, so firefights are a lot more fun. Then with the jetpack thrown in where you can float in the air and shoot just ads another level. The planets are interesting to explore, something the previous games didn't have I feel. 

Some of the characters are dull, but that really doesn't bother me. I'm a lone wolf, so I don't care :joy:

yeah I like the Jet packs too but the combat not so sure about I do enjoy it but what with it being a bit more faster paced and being limited to only 3 powers at a time yes we do have the favourite system but you still have to wait for the cool down every time you switch them. I just prefer the slightly slower pace of the trilogy's combat with more powers but each to their own I guess. I do like the direction they've taken in general though but with the faster paced combat and lack of pause to aim. I wouldn't say it's good or bad but it's taking a bit of getting used to. It's still very playable and the powers seem to be more potent which does seem to make up for the lack of them a little bit. But of the 2 systems I think atm I prefer the trilogy's. I do like the jetpacks and how it increases mobility across the battlefield as it comes in very handy when dealing with those fiend things but still there you have it. But for me I'd say that's probably imo the only thing I'd call an improvement in terms of the combat and getting around.

Yea I can understand why slower pace combat would suit you better.  :)

I love the faster pace, plus firing the guns feel so much nicer, each weapon feels different. I was never one to use all the powers, so that's OK for me. Having 3 makes it a lot more tactical, before you felt like an over powered super hero. 

Just had a hilarious bug. I died whist in a vault, but the game didn't end, I could still move the camera and shoot. So I had to reload the game lol 

Hughesy said:

Yea I can understand why slower pace combat would suit you better.  :)

I love the faster pace, plus firing the guns feel so much nicer, each weapon feels different. I was never one to use all the powers, so that's OK for me. Having 3 makes it a lot more tactical, before you felt like an over powered super hero. 

Just had a hilarious bug. I died whist in a vault, but the game didn't end, I could still move the camera and shoot. So I had to reload the game lol 

yeah that happened to me a couple of times as well in my playthrough.

Honestly if it wasn't for this game I probably would have driven my self mad after someone tried to sue me for £2000. Gaming is the best legal escapism in the world. 

Hughesy said:

Honestly if it wasn't for this game I probably would have driven my self mad after someone tried to sue me for £2000. Gaming is the best legal escapism in the world. 

Indeed not sure how I'd have survived without getting into video games.

I just bought Spelunky for £1.79 from GOG, what an addictive little game. It's like Mario, but with permadeath and unlimited levels. I know it's old, but its the first time I've played it. 

I'm so happy the 14 year exclusive Porsche contract with EA is over  :D No idea what they were thinking signing that contract. 

https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/852224073149149184

You see, PC Gamers are intelligent (yea except from being in prison) 

http://www.pcgamer.com/prison-inmates-built-built-custom-pcs-fand-hid-them-in-ceiling/

With no warning from Corsair, my replacement CPU cooler arrived. Not just that, it's an upgraded version so even better performance. CPU temps in MEA are low now, so happy  :D

Hughesy said:

With no warning from Corsair, my replacement CPU cooler arrived. Not just that, it's an upgraded version so even better performance. CPU temps in MEA are low now, so happy  :D

yeah I'l probably be doing another run of the game soon. Will likely do more of the sidequests in my next run too. As I did kind of rush the final bit of my first run due to knowing a patch was coming given that patches can corrupt save files sometimes I just decided to get that first playthrough done and finished.

Bought The expansion for Forza Horizon 3 today, Blizzard Mountain. In the dark, in a blizzard, racing down a mountain pass is so exhilarating. No game comes close to looking as good as this in these conditions. In the main game I have over 150 hours and still loads to do, this expansion is going to add a lot more. These former Codemasters devs certainly know how to make a fun racing rallying game  :D

What? This has nothing to do with Porsche...... It's a new location, not cars and has been out for months. 

Hughesy said:

I'm so happy the 14 year exclusive Porsche contract with EA is over  :D No idea what they were thinking signing that contract. 

https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/852224073149149184

That. I meant that.

Well in that case, how is it milking? EA had the exclusive contract with Porsche for 14 years. So whenever a game wanted them they had to come to an agreement with EA. So it's not the fault of the devs, but EA who wanted to milk the brand for all its worth. Now though the deal is over, hence the cars being added to Horizon 3, and you can even get one of them for free without buying the DLC. 

Sure it's not their fault if it was down to EA but having to pay extra for the same Porsche pack in the last five games when they were already present in Forza 3 and the original Horizon looks like it's being milked if people don't know the reason as to why they're in a DLC pack. Personally haven't bothered with any Porsche pack since Forza 5 as it's just a waste buying the same thing over and over (and actually getting less cars than they had in the first pack!). I just stick with the RUF's if I want a Porsche. I wouldn't use them over other cars anyway. It's a waste of money to me personally so screw Porsche :lol:

If they're in the base game of Forza 7 then great but if they're DLC again... ugh :lol:

And yet another fact that they aren't milking, another Porsche has been released for free that wasn't in  the DLC. So I really don't get  your point ;)

So last night I got back into playing Elite Dangerous, mainly because I'm reading a book called The Lost Fleet thanks to @RevolvingPrawn
So I set out to do some bounty hunting even though my flying skills were rusty. So I went to a star and started scanning ships, looking for easy wanted targets to get myself back upto speed. All was going well, I had collected 8 bounties, so I was like this guy, but in space.

Then I looked for harder targets with large bounties. I found one who was rated master class, so I deployed my weapons and started attacking. what I hadn't noticed was he had two wingman. So it was 3 on 1, I quickly found myself in deep trouble. First my shields went, then my hull was breached, so I only had 5 minutes of oxygen.

Still I stayed calm and tried to get away, powered up my hyperdrive, 5,4,3,2 ah balls, whilst it was powering up they destroyed my thrusters. so I was stuck, couldn't control my ship, only had 3 minutes of oxygen left but still thinking there must be a way out. So I went into the ships computer, looked at all the damage, then noticed repair and restart function could work, as it cannibalizes healthy modules to fix important ones. So I did that and it managed to get the thrusters going just enough to regain some control. I managed to get the hyperdrive going and get myself back to a port.

Sure it's not their fault if it was down to EA but having to pay extra for the same Porsche pack in the last five games when they were already present in Forza 3 and the original Horizon looks like it's being milked if people don't know the reason as to why they're in a DLC pack. Personally haven't bothered with any Porsche pack since Forza 5 as it's just a waste buying the same thing over and over (and actually getting less cars than they had in the first pack!). I just stick with the RUF's if I want a Porsche. I wouldn't use them over other cars anyway. It's a waste of money to me personally so screw Porsche :lol:

If they're in the base game of Forza 7 then great but if they're DLC again... ugh :lol: 

https://www.gtplanet.net/porsche-to-be-included-in-future-forza-games-from-day-one/

"...Turn 10 Creative Director...Greenawalt stated 'with this partnership we are cleared and excited to include Porsche models as part of future [Forza] titles at launch...'"

(A little open-ended, as he doesn't specify how many models will be in at launch - so there could still be some as DLC.)

Hughesy said:

And yet another fact that they aren't milking, another Porsche has been released for free that wasn't in  the DLC. So I really don't get  your point ;)

My point was just about them releasing a Porsche DLC pack every single game since 3. It's good they're finally adding them back in for free but it doesn't change that they've been solely DLC for the last 5 years :lol: It's a moot point now anyway, was only a silly joke about it being an extra £10-15 for something that's been bought before.

Operator1 said:

https://www.gtplanet.net/porsche-to-be-included-in-future-forza-games-from-day-one/

"...Turn 10 Creative Director...Greenawalt stated 'with this partnership we are cleared and excited to include Porsche models as part of future [Forza] titles at launch...'"

(A little open-ended, as he doesn't specify how many models will be in at launch - so there could still be some as DLC.)

Good to hear it. Some being DLC isn't so much an issue since there are plenty of DLC cars but at least they're having some in the base game now and not releasing the exact same pack for a sixth game in a row.

On a side note about Forza. Just watched Fast and Furious 8 and that scene where all the cars go into autodrive in the city just reminded me of every lap one of a multiplayer race :lol:

Started playing ME andromeda good game so far, just finished the first mission on the first planet. Last one i played was ME 3.