The Game Thread!

CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR: E57HQ-FNL9I-PINXD

THREE DEAD ZED: N483G-3RNVB-DQDQ6

THREE DEAD ZED: HB96X-AAGIF-R6RR7

So because GMG is only giving away games I already have, here's some Steam codes for whoever wants them.

Bought the pro controller for Nintendo Switch. It feels like a more premium version of the Xbox One controller. The joy-cons are great when playing handheld mode, but when slotted into the controller shaped dock it feels a little small. Using the Pro controller makes a big difference, the price is high, but I feel it's worth it. 

New F1 2017 game has been announced. The forum breathes of life again! 

The career mode sounds awesome, getting to drive classics in career sounds great. 

I'll be pre-ordering it next week. I loved the last game and still do, so I'm confident they will do even better. When using a wheel the FFB is still crap, they said before the last game they'd improved it, but I couldn't really feel that myself. So that's the only area I'm not confident they will improve, but it would be a nice surprise if they have. 

Hughesy said:

I'll be pre-ordering it next week. I loved the last game and still do, so I'm confident they will do even better. When using a wheel the FFB is still crap, they said before the last game they'd improved it, but I couldn't really feel that myself. So that's the only area I'm not confident they will improve, but it would be a nice surprise if they have. 

yeah I was debatin gwhether to byu it at first but having a few classics thrown in could just be what the game needs. if they can sort out the R&D system as well so it makes the whole R&D system more meaningful over the 10 seasons rather than just 3 or 4 I'm game.

Lol Codemasters are seriously trying to sell F1 2017 on Steam for £45. :joy: I expect that from companies like Activision, but not Codemasters. I havent paid more than £30 for any F1 game on PC, won't be starting now. 

Hughesy said:

Lol Codemasters are seriously trying to sell F1 2017 on Steam for £45. :joy: I expect that from companies like Activision, but not Codemasters. I havent paid more than £30 for any F1 game on PC, won't be starting now. 

Oh sure. Pre-ordering the Switch? No problemo. Buying a relatively expensive pro controller? No problemo.
But don't you charge £15 more for your game!

But seriously, I'm guessing this is due to the classic cars. Which does leave a sour taste in my mouth :/

The Switch and pro controller were worth it. Suddenly hiking up the price of a game with no reason is not OK, anyone thinking it is are the reason they get away with charging more. Classic cars is just an excuse. Charging the same as a console game is not OK. All this does is push people to use grey market keys, which means in the end the devs gets even less money. 

Eh, people sure as hell would still buy grey market keys no matter what. They are still cheaper and well advertised. The grey markets in itself are the real problem.

Yes they are, but most people have no issue paying a bit more for convenience and security, but once you start charging insane amounts it pushes more to grey market keys. 

The last F1 game that came with classic cars didn't cost more, so that theory of yours is wrong ;)

I was actually wondering if F1 2013 was more expensive. Well, there we are. They are charging more 'cos why not?

At least there is one game now you won't pre-order, mate. So I'm happy :|

I was actually wondering if F1 2013 was more expensive. Well, there we are. They are charging more 'cos why not?

At least there is one game now you won't pre-order, mate. So I'm happy :|

I think the Classic one was more expensive than the standard version which just had the 80's stuff.

What? On Steam there was only one version, the 80s stuff was the classic content. 

Hughesy said:

What? On Steam there was only one version, the 80s stuff was the classic content. 

Hughesy said:

I remember ther being 2 when it came out the standard which had some of the classic stuff and then another version that had the whole package which was called the classic edition as that's the one I got.

With the standard f1 2013 you had access to the 80's classic content. The classic edition had cars, drivers and tracks from the 90s. 

EUfkdup said:

With the standard f1 2013 you had access to the 80's classic content. The classic edition had cars, drivers and tracks from the 90s. 

yeah that's it. I only got it on download through Steam as that was the only way to get the extra classic stuff at the time. Not that I play it much because the difficulty level was in general a touch too high for my liking

At work today we had a 4 player Mario Kart race on Nintendo Switch, it was so much fun.  :D

Playing Witcher 3 Blood And Wine expansion, decided to try Nvidia Ansel screenshot tech, it's brilliant. Screenshot resolution 5120x2880. Sadly once uploaded they lose quality.

Photo showing the free control I have over the camera, I just wish I had access to a upload site with uncompressed and no limit size so I could show them in raw form,

Just about to start this game again since I've not played in a while and I can't remember what's going on anymore in my old playthrough. It's odd, I haven't played it nearly as much as I have wanted to but I still stick with my belief it's the best game out right now.

It's my favourite game ever, second best for me is Zelda BOTW. Lost count how long I've played Witcher 3, but I completed the main game and the first expansion. Blood And Wine is like a full game, a whole new pretty large map and more content than most games gave. On GOG the expansion is only £8.

Ive taken some more pics using Nvidia Ansel. This time I used the max resolution which is 64000x36000 and one pic is nearly a GB, but man is it worth it, the detail is crazy. Sadly that is far to large for any picture upload site to accept, I'd need to pay for a service to be able to. 

Just about to start this game again since I've not played in a while and I can't remember what's going on anymore in my old playthrough. It's odd, I haven't played it nearly as much as I have wanted to but I still stick with my belief it's the best game out right now.
yeah I keep meaning to get to the Witcher games eventually but never seem to quite get around to them. I do own them though. I think it's just a matter of time but I will get there eventualy.

Just so you know SJ, Witcher 1 is totally different to 2 and 3. I didn't enjoy the first game much as the controls were awkward, especially in combat. 

Hughesy said:
Just so you know SJ, Witcher 1 is totally different to 2 and 3. I didn't enjoy the first game much as the controls were awkward, especially in combat. 
I know I did get part way through Witcher 1 once but then lost my save due to problems with my PC. So when I do eventually do it I'm going to have to start again anyway.