The Game Thread!

So after how awful Far Cry 4 was (as a game and it's stupid bugs and save file corruptions) I wasn't even thinking about Far Cry 5. But I just watched the trailer and I want it now lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdaoe4hbMso

It's certainly an impressive trailer, but Ubisoft are always good at promotional content, how the game will actually be is another matter. 

Vanquish - PC port of an old favorite now on Steam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYvoKdowJE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBjrCjfi7BU

Yes and with a stupid bug, the higher your framerate the more damage you do..... 

Hughesy said:
Yes and with a stupid bug, the higher your framerate the more damage you do..... 

Worse: the higher your framerate, the more damage you take. I hope they patch it soon. I really enjoyed this game back when I played it on Xbox 360.

Turned my PS4 on for the first time in like 2 years. I forgot how bad the analogue triggers are, not only do they not have the haptic feedback of the Xbox triggers, but also there's no real resistance so you can't feel very well how hard you are pressing them. I played Drive Club, with a wheel I enjoyed it when I first bought it, using the dualshock not so much. I also can't work out why it only runs at 30fps as its not exactly pretty, the PS4 is more powerful than Xbox, yet Forza 6 is much better looking and runs at 60fps.

Hughesy said:
Turned my PS4 on for the first time in like 2 years. I forgot how bad the analogue triggers are, not only do they not have the haptic feedback of the Xbox triggers, but also there's no real resistance so you can't feel very well how hard you are pressing them. I played Drive Club, with a wheel I enjoyed it when I first bought it, using the dualshock not so much. I also can't work out why it only runs at 30fps as its not exactly pretty, the PS4 is more powerful than Xbox, yet Forza 6 is much better looking and runs at 60fps.
Sell your PS4 and put the money towards a glorious new monitor ;)

Rocket League; 412 hours on Steam, level 53 and Gold 3 rank. It's pretty fun.

@RevolvingPrawn I would, but I want the new Gran Turismo game, whatever millennium it's released lol. I tend not to sell my consoles because you get barely anything and then the store makes a huge profit in it. I could use Ebay, but I'm too lazy :joy:

Another thing I forgot is how hot the PS4 gets, just sitting at the home screen it gets very hot. When I just turned it on it booted to safe mode, get less issues with a PC, I now remember why I stopped using it. 

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Hasn't anyone told you that PS4 master race rules ;) The pro has 4k support with a tb hdd.

I'd love to get a curved gaming monitor myself tho.

Lol indeed. 

I'm never getting a curved monitor though, I've used one and don't see the appeal. This is what I'll be getting after I get a new car in December 

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-acer-xb271hu-g-sync-led-monitor-165hz-ips-panel-2560x1440-4ms-1000000001-hdmi-dp-usb-2x-speakers-

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Hasn't anyone told you that PS4 potato race sucks ;) The pro has upscaled from 1080p, 4k 'support' with a tb hdd, which is super slow compared to an SSD.

I'd love to get a curved gaming monitor myself tho.
FTFY ;)

Been playing Drive Club for the past hour, I've come to the conclusion that it's a really fun game. It's a shame Sony shut the studio down, as it became good eventually, but that's Sony for you :trollface:

Bought WRC 6 for £9 last night (it's £34 on Steam lol) I became interested once I find out it was made by a different developer and not Milestone. It's actually really good, brilliant graphics and decent physics. So far the rally stages have been great fun :D

It is indeed. No they publish it, a studio called Kylotonn made it, I think it's a French team, they have done a great job. I think on PSN there's a deal for £15 or even less if you have PS+. I'm looking forward to WRC 7 now as I'm enjoying it so much :)

Edit: Now played it for many hours, I love it. I only bought it because I was bored late last night and couldn't sleep, I wasn't expecting it to be this good. 

No wonder Mass Effect Andromeda was so rough, this is really poor from EA. To create what they did in so little time is an achievement, but I bet working conditions were poor, something EA got into trouble for years back.
http://www.pcgamer.com/most-of-mass-effect-andromeda-was-developed-in-just-18-months-report-says/

Hughesy said:
No wonder Mass Effect Andromeda was so rough, this is really poor from EA. To create what they did in so little time is an achievement, but I bet working conditions were poor, something EA got into trouble for years back.
http://www.pcgamer.com/most-of-mass-effect-andromeda-was-developed-in-just-18-months-report-says/
yeah they've been talking about this a lot on the BSN forum today. Think it shows how talented the guys at Bioware really are when they can put together a game like MEA when put under that much pressure. Especially considering it is still a pretty decent game despite it's flaws. Not perfect mind you and it's flaws do show quite a bit but they have done a decent job. Hopefully they can kind of get a chance to make up for it though by delivering a couple of decent DLC's kind of like what they did when DA2 fell short but only time will tell I guess. They are still working and patching the game up though so there is still hope as there's a new patch incoming soon for it in fact I think tomorrow as they released some patch notes yesterday for it.

Hughesy said:
yeah they've been talking about this a lot on the BSN forum today. Think it shows how talented the guys at Bioware really are when they can put together a game like MEA when put under that much pressure. Especially considering it is still a pretty decent game despite it's flaws. Not perfect mind you and it's flaws do show quite a bit but they have done a decent job. Hopefully they can kind of get a chance to make up for it though by delivering a couple of decent DLC's kind of like what they did when DA2 fell short but only time will tell I guess. They are still working and patching the game up though so there is still hope as there's a new patch incoming soon for it in fact I think tomorrow as they released some patch notes yesterday for it.
They aren't making DLC from what I've seen, only stuff for multilayer. Most of the team has been moved to Battlefront 2 support team.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
They aren't making DLC from what I've seen, only stuff for multilayer. Most of the team has been moved to Battlefront 2 support team.
well some of the VA's have actually been called back in to record lines for DLC Cora's VA actually tweeted it some time ago so  something is coming but they haven't said what yet. My guess would be at least a DLC linked to the quarian ark but that's just a guess. Plus they don't use full teams to work on DLC's apparently anyway. So once the games out it frees a lot of the teams and staff to be moved elsewhere and onto other projects because apparently they're also into pre-production on the next Dragon Age game as well.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware don't do another game if that's how Andromeda was dealt with. Inquisition showed a slight decline in quality despite still being a strong game but Andromeda seems weaker than Inquisition was which is quite worrying considering Mass Effect is supposed to be their flagship title. And if that's true that they're not doing DLC then it would only support that.
It's a real shame as Bioware has been my favourite developer since playing Origins and the first Mass Effect but there really is something lacking in their recent games. It's almost like they've given up.
I still enjoy Andromeda but as I've said previously, it completely lacks the charm of the original trilogy and when you compare it to a game like The Witcher 3 for example, a game that's two years older than Andromeda is pretty eye opening. The difference in quality is astounding.

Obviously, I hope Bioware can bounce back in response to recent years as I still love their games but I do worry for them.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware don't do another game if that's how Andromeda was dealt with. Inquisition showed a slight decline in quality despite still being a strong game but Andromeda seems weaker than Inquisition was which is quite worrying considering Mass Effect is supposed to be their flagship title. And if that's true that they're not doing DLC then it would only support that.
It's a real shame as Bioware has been my favourite developer since playing Origins and the first Mass Effect but there really is something lacking in their recent games. It's almost like they've given up.
I still enjoy Andromeda but as I've said previously, it completely lacks the charm of the original trilogy and when you compare it to a game like The Witcher 3 for example, a game that's two years older than Andromeda is pretty eye opening. The difference in quality is astounding.

Obviously, I hope Bioware can bounce back in response to recent years as I still love their games but I do worry for them.
well the VA's have asid they havew recorded lines since the games been out so that spells DLC to me also It was also mentioned that there is a DA4 in the pipeline as well which they've started working on so there is hope. I think it's just bad management on EA's part hopefully Bioware can recover from this as there aren't many good RPG makers out there and Bioware are the only RPG house EA has on it's books as far as I know so they need to look after them. Hopefully they learn from this an dgive Bioware what it needs to pull off their projects.

Hate to be the downer, but just because they've recorded lines it doesn't mean any DLC will happen. The guy who voiced Franklin in GTA V tweeted about 8 months after the game came out that he was back in the studio recording lines again, but nothing ever came of it.

perhaps not but based on the twitter thread on the BSN forum and various tweets posted by the devs I get the feeling they'll be announcing something soon.