F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
It is indeed. No they publish it, a studio called Kylotonn made it, I think it's a French team, they have done a great job. I think on PSN there's a deal for £15 or even less if you have PS+. I'm looking forward to WRC 7 now as I'm enjoying it so much :)

Edit: Now played it for many hours, I love it. I only bought it because I was bored late last night and couldn't sleep, I wasn't expecting it to be this good. 
I quite like the WRC games. 3 I played a lot. 4 was a bit similar to 3. Then Milestone lost the developnent. Because 5 was the first game from the new dev, I was fairly confident it would be a train wreck. But I thought 6 and 7 would be OK - thanks for the heads up..I will probably go for 6 when it gets down to a tenner on XB1.

Recently I have been playing Seb Loeb Evo rally. I don't like it as much as Dirt Rally, but it was cheap as chips (10 quid) and has got a hell of a lot of content. It's quite good fun.

In other news, PCars 2 has just announced a September release, a bit earlier than expected, maybe to try to pre-empt Forza 7.

Edit : DSeb Loeb is 2.50 on PC on Amazon atm.

I'm the opposite, every game Milestone made was pure trash in my opinion. Even wheel support only had one axis for pedals, so it couldn't recognise both pedals at the same time, hilarious for modern games. WRC 6 is awesome though, I'm so glad Milestone no longer have the license, they never improved the game year on year.

I'll be buying Pcars 2 and For a 7, the first proper Forza game on PC, something I never thought we'd see.

Hughesy said:
I'm the opposite, every game Milestone made was pure trash in my opinion. Even wheel support only had one axis for pedals, so it couldn't recognise both pedals at the same time, hilarious for modern games. WRC 6 is awesome though, I'm so glad Milestone no longer have the license, they never improved the game year on year.

I'll be buying Pcars 2 and For a 7, the first proper Forza game on PC, something I never thought we'd see.
I'm only on controller. Probably less chance to screw it up. Loeb Rally isn't as good as Dirt Rally, but its not that bad on controller. If you are developing on a budget supporting umpteen different wheels properly must be a bit of a drain on resources.

Having separate axis for pedals isn't a drain on resources, it's been a thing since the PS2 era, it's just lazy development. I get they are small, but every year they'd bang on about putting more focus on wheel users, every year there was no change. Then the last WRC game they made there was literally no road feedback. So even though I'm more inclined to use a controller due to my medical issues I won't be giving them any more money. I'm not saying it's bad, but the game never changes or improves. I'm still glad it exists, because there aren't enough rally games.

I'm having some serious fun in Dirt 4, at first I was like meh, but now I love it. Also performance wasn't great on Ultra, so I had to use high, then Nvidia released a driver for it and I now get 60fps on ultra. Rallycross and landrush are especially fun. 

OMG Nintendo just announced a proper Pokemon game for Nintendo Switch, the first time it's ever been on a home console, hyped!

Haven't seen the Nintendo E3 show yet, hopefully there's a lot of Switch games on the way in the next year.

Was a bit sceptical about F1 2017 before hearing what Lee Mather had to  say but I've got to admit after what I've heard in that snippet I might just be changing my mind. I just hope the career is a little more fulfilling stil beyond those initial 4/5 seasons though because it needs to cover all 10

So yesterday I setup wheel for the first time in a while to play Dirt 4, must say it has really brought a whole new level of enjoyment to it. Also I've proved to myself how much better I am using a wheel, a race I couldn't win using a controller, I won with my first go in D4 using my wheel. It's also a proper workout, if only F1 had the level of FFB detail as the Dirt series. The FFB in F1 hasn't changed since the first game even though they keep saying they've improved it, no doubt they will say the same for F1 17.

Never installed mods for GTA myself, but this is going to piss off a lot of people.
http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-modding-tool-openiv-shuts-down-claiming-cease-and-desist-from-take-two/

Nice EA Origin Access has a free 7 day trial. Mirrors Edge Catalyst for free :D  I would also download BF4 and Battlefront, but I'm guessing multiplayer is pretty dead.

Hughesy said:
Nice EA Origin Access has a free 7 day trial. Mirrors Edge Catalyst for free :D  I would also download BF4 and Battlefront, but I'm guessing multiplayer is pretty dead.

yeah never played Mirror's edge myself but it looks too much like an always on the move type game to me so not sure I'd enjoy it.

Hughesy said:
Is it one of those trials though where you have to remember to cancel it before the end? :p

Yep, that's why they do it because people forget, I already have a reminder setup. :joy:

Finally completely finished Andromeda. I'm glad I did as it did get better as the game went on. I still don't like having to keep jumping between several outposts for sidequests but at least they're not all essential.
I also still don't think it's anywhere near as good as the original trilogy but it's still a great game on it's own when not taking the trilogy into account. It'll probably just make me enjoy the trilogy more to be honest.

Said about DLC the other day and having seen how they've clearly set up a sequel and the plots to DLC I would definitely get them. The quarian ark is the most obvious one and it would be interesting to see who this Benefactor is. Not sure if that will be DLC or in the next game though. I kind of hope there will be a DLC that has a stronger link to the trilogy. Was interesting hearing about the war in the Milky War from a different perspective so it would be great if they explored that further.

Still haven't completed it yet, but from what I've played it's good. Seeing the real Bioware teams new game though, there has blown my mind, there's some really good games to look forward to after E3.

EA get a bad rep, but stuff like this free trial is great. I wasn't sure what to expect from Mirrors Edge Catalyst but I'm loving it. The movement is superb and it looks awesome even though I'm only running it on ultra (there's a level above ultra) 

Finally completely finished Andromeda. I'm glad I did as it did get better as the game went on. I still don't like having to keep jumping between several outposts for sidequests but at least they're not all essential.
I also still don't think it's anywhere near as good as the original trilogy but it's still a great game on it's own when not taking the trilogy into account. It'll probably just make me enjoy the trilogy more to be honest.

Said about DLC the other day and having seen how they've clearly set up a sequel and the plots to DLC I would definitely get them. The quarian ark is the most obvious one and it would be interesting to see who this Benefactor is. Not sure if that will be DLC or in the next game though. I kind of hope there will be a DLC that has a stronger link to the trilogy. Was interesting hearing about the war in the Milky War from a different perspective so it would be great if they explored that further.
There is DLC in the works I think though as someone on BSN asked them and they said they can' t talk about it yet which seems a good indicator to me that there is some on the way it's just a matter of what and when. But yeah Quarian Ark is heavily hinted as a DLC. The Benefactor also and of course Ryder's mother as well would be nice to see if we manage to find a cure for her illness so she can be brought out of stasis. Might make for a good DLC in itself that having the 2 Ryder twins Scott and Sara team up on a mission to find a cure for Mum kind of like what they did on the final mission of the game

There is DLC in the works I think though as someone on BSN asked them and they said they can' t talk about it yet which seems a good indicator to me that there is some on the way it's just a matter of what and when. But yeah Quarian Ark is heavily hinted as a DLC. The Benefactor also and of course Ryder's mother as well would be nice to see if we manage to find a cure for her illness so she can be brought out of stasis. Might make for a good DLC in itself that having the 2 Ryder twins Scott and Sara team up on a mission to find a cure for Mum kind of like what they did on the final mission of the game
You might wanna do the spoilers thing on that...

As I currently have Origin Access I decided to download Battlefield Hardline. It's actually very good, I really like the story so far. 

Hughesy said:
As I currently have Origin Access I decided to download Battlefield Hardline. It's actually very good, I really like the story so far. 
I think that it's quite underrated game. It's a rather rare case for an EA game.
Yet that game is really good and I enjoy it a lot.

Just completed the main story in Zelda BOTW, what a brilliant game. The ending wasn't  great, but man I had fun with the over 150 hours I played it for.

Haven't asked in ages so anyone up for a Battlefield/GTA/F1 sesh over the weekend? By anyone I mostly mean @Matthew77258 or @couger1981 but anyone is welcome.

Haven't asked in ages so anyone up for a Battlefield/GTA/F1 sesh over the weekend? By anyone I mostly mean @Matthew77258 or @couger1981 but anyone is welcome.
Can't do this weekend, what about next?