The Game Thread!

Haven't asked in ages so anyone up for a Battlefield/GTA/F1 sesh over the weekend? By anyone I mostly mean @Matthew77258 or @couger1981 but anyone is welcome.
Can't do this weekend, what about next? 
I'd be down for GTA thats if i remember lol

Bahahaha. I'd say it's older than that, as it wasn't high end when it came out.
http://www.pcgamer.com/a-way-out-dev-says-the-playstation-4-is-like-a-five-year-old-pc/

https://youtu.be/5fA2yV2i04c

Well I'm probably going to buy Hitman, now that the first episode is free. You'd think by now Valve would have learnt how to keep Steam running smoothly during sales, but nope....

Hughesy said:
Well I'm probably going to buy Hitman, now that the first episode is free. You'd think by now Valve would have learnt how to keep Steam running smoothly during sales, but nope....

yea hthe only thing that might have m interest is F1 2017 tbh atm there isn't anything else right now that's screaming buy me game wise in any genre really atm.

I'm loving Hitman so far, it's the series back to its best. I knew I'd love it, but I don't buy episodic games until the game is finished, as there's literally no need to make games like this. Having a story set like episodes is fine, but selling a game as episodes isn't. Now IO is independent and has the Hitman ip I look forward to what they do next.

Really want to buy Battlegrounds, but I think it would be boring playing on my own.

I am loving Batman: Arkham Knight (on PC/Steam). I played through Arkham Asylum & Arkham City a while back, and so far, Arkham Knight is easily my favorite of the bunch. I remember the game was so utterly broken at launch that it was basically dead-on-arrival (good thing I never pre-order or buy at launch), but it's been patched and it often goes on sale at a deep discount (currently 60% off during the Steam Summer Sale 2017). I haven't had a single issue with it yet (in 20+ hours of play-time so far).

There's so much game here: story, action, melee, driving, stealth, puzzles, swinging from rooftop to rooftop, gliding, main quests, optional side missions, optional challenge missions (with online leaderboards), upgradeable gadgets, expansive city environment, responsive & intuitive controls (with a gamepad), great visuals, haunting audio, & vivid atmosphere. Missions are bite-sized, and game-play mechanics are simple, so it doesn't feel grindy or overly complex, and it's good for quick pick-up-&-play sessions (or long & leisurely jaunts). Auto-save checkpoints are frequent, so it forgivingly restarts you right where you left off if you fail any mission. It's a superb single-player experience all around.

Does anyone here have FM17 and if so, do you recommend it? Particularly for someone still on FM13.

Never mind I just bought it. Damn Steam sales.

I don't but I might buy it later. I'm sure it'll be a nice change for you.

HAHA damn sales indeed. I've already bought Hitman, and I'm also planning on buying some DLC for Assetto Corsa.

Buy shellshock live and play with me fam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/326460/ShellShock_Live/ 

I've spent 74 hours on it alone. It's a simple game but really really addictive.

Just bought Rfactor2 as it's 50% off. I really love the detailed tyre model, it's definitely the best sim. Obviously the graphics are meh, bit that doesn't really bother me, as it's the thrill of the physics that I love. I also bought Nordschleife DLC for Assetto Corsa last night. Steam downloads are messed up, getting 6mbps when I normally get 75mbps..... It's like being in the Stone Age.

Been playing Zelda A Link Between Worlds today on 3DS, such a fun game. It probably makes the best use of the 3D effect compared to any game I've played. It sucks that 3D didn't get mainstream appeal on other platforms like consoles or PC, as when done properly it really sucks you into the game. I have the same fear for VR which is why I haven't bought one. 

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
No wonder Mass Effect Andromeda was so rough, this is really poor from EA. To create what they did in so little time is an achievement, but I bet working conditions were poor, something EA got into trouble for years back.
http://www.pcgamer.com/most-of-mass-effect-andromeda-was-developed-in-just-18-months-report-says/
yeah they've been talking about this a lot on the BSN forum today. Think it shows how talented the guys at Bioware really are when they can put together a game like MEA when put under that much pressure. Especially considering it is still a pretty decent game despite it's flaws. Not perfect mind you and it's flaws do show quite a bit but they have done a decent job. Hopefully they can kind of get a chance to make up for it though by delivering a couple of decent DLC's kind of like what they did when DA2 fell short but only time will tell I guess. They are still working and patching the game up though so there is still hope as there's a new patch incoming soon for it in fact I think tomorrow as they released some patch notes yesterday for it.
They aren't making DLC from what I've seen, only stuff for multilayer. Most of the team has been moved to Battlefront 2 support team.
well some of the VA's have actually been called back in to record lines for DLC Cora's VA actually tweeted it some time ago so  something is coming but they haven't said what yet. My guess would be at least a DLC linked to the quarian ark but that's just a guess. Plus they don't use full teams to work on DLC's apparently anyway. So once the games out it frees a lot of the teams and staff to be moved elsewhere and onto other projects because apparently they're also into pre-production on the next Dragon Age game as well.
So uhh I was correct...

http://kotaku.com/sources-mass-effect-andromeda-will-not-get-single-pla-1796548159

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
No wonder Mass Effect Andromeda was so rough, this is really poor from EA. To create what they did in so little time is an achievement, but I bet working conditions were poor, something EA got into trouble for years back.
http://www.pcgamer.com/most-of-mass-effect-andromeda-was-developed-in-just-18-months-report-says/
yeah they've been talking about this a lot on the BSN forum today. Think it shows how talented the guys at Bioware really are when they can put together a game like MEA when put under that much pressure. Especially considering it is still a pretty decent game despite it's flaws. Not perfect mind you and it's flaws do show quite a bit but they have done a decent job. Hopefully they can kind of get a chance to make up for it though by delivering a couple of decent DLC's kind of like what they did when DA2 fell short but only time will tell I guess. They are still working and patching the game up though so there is still hope as there's a new patch incoming soon for it in fact I think tomorrow as they released some patch notes yesterday for it.
They aren't making DLC from what I've seen, only stuff for multilayer. Most of the team has been moved to Battlefront 2 support team.
well some of the VA's have actually been called back in to record lines for DLC Cora's VA actually tweeted it some time ago so  something is coming but they haven't said what yet. My guess would be at least a DLC linked to the quarian ark but that's just a guess. Plus they don't use full teams to work on DLC's apparently anyway. So once the games out it frees a lot of the teams and staff to be moved elsewhere and onto other projects because apparently they're also into pre-production on the next Dragon Age game as well.
So uhh I was correct...

http://kotaku.com/sources-mass-effect-andromeda-will-not-get-single-pla-1796548159

Actually Bioware have already denied this as they did so yesterday after someone tried to claim that. They've said they can't talk about future content yet but they have hinted there will be some in their Twitch podcasts. They just asid they can't talk about what it is or when we will receive it yet. My guess based on the recent podcasrts is that they are close to announcing something I suspect July but I'm pretty sure something wil happen before the end of the summer. I don't know for certain but it's just a feeling I've got plus the gyu who wrote that is the same guy that did that yesterday I suspect based  on info from the BSN. I think he's got an itch to try to hurt MEA's future plans.

http://bsn.boards.net/thread/11726/story-cancelled-sinclair-networks-facebook?page=50

Nope that was a separate thing bud, I know that is a hoax already. This new info has nothing to do with that Facebook post  ;)

See
http://www.pcgamer.com/new-report-says-mass-effect-andromeda-isnt-getting-any-single-player-dlc/

Hughesy said:
Nope that was a separate thing bud, I know that is a hoax already. This new info has nothing to do with that Facebook post  ;)

See
http://www.pcgamer.com/new-report-says-mass-effect-andromeda-isnt-getting-any-single-player-dlc/
well tbh I'm not paying any attenjtion to that as most of the rumours were kind of started through him but yes I did see it. I'm just choosing not to believe it atm until Bioware say something official also generally Bioware don't tend to release the first DLC's for their games until about 4/5 monhs after the game cfomes out so we have at least another month or 2 yet before we know for sure I 'd say whether he's right. But right now I don't think he is. Mainly because I saw advertised today through BSN a new ME book called Mass Effect Annihilation which I think is to do with the missing quarian ark which is scheduled to be published September 1st by Titan books. Which I don't think they would be advertising if there wasn't any DLC incoming. This guy is simply trying to be the shepard crying wolf in order to get attention I think asnd he's been doing it since April not long after MEA came out. So as far as I'm concerned there comes a time it's best to ignore it. As far as I'm concerned that's what I'm doing. I'm suer you've heard the fable so I don't think I need to say any more on that.

Just bought Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen on PC. I was going to buy it when it was released on PC last year but forgot about it, so I'm looking forward to playing it. Except the textures the graphics look awesome, especially when the original was a last gen console game.