The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
Just bought Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen on PC. I was going to buy it when it was released on PC last year but forgot about it, so I'm looking forward to playing it. Except the textures the graphics look awesome, especially when the original was a last gen console game.
Yeah I got it last year not played much with it but it is quite good fun.

I went to play it last night, but my medication kicked in big style and made me sleepy, it doesn't normally effect me like that :joy:

Playing it now and absolutely love it. I've never seen such great monster animations, pretty cool for a game originally on last gen consoles. The way you can climb monsters and attack is awesome. The terrain textures are pretty low quality, but that was to be expected. Great fun so far :)

After playing Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen for a few days I absolutely love it. It has the best combat I've ever experienced in a RPG, fighting monsters is so much fun. The voice acting and story isn't great, but everything else I love, absolute bargain for £10.

Hughesy said:
Picked up Soma for 8.99 in the Steam summer sale.
That game is awesome  ;)
Great game mate finished it today, looks like they may have left it open for a sequel.

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it. The atmosphere in it is amazing, so I do hope they make a follow up. It's obviously not an action packed game, but it just draws you in. Talking about it has made me want to go through it again, need something strong to take me away after the day I've had, but I'll talk about that in the stuff thread.

@Hughesy Is there a Arck survival tutorial? ive started playing the game and im on the beach with no hints on what to do?

First thing to do is punch some trees and also pick up rocks from the ground to make a pick axe. But for a proper guide this is pretty good. Ah I miss so much the feeling of hopeless and not having a clue what to do, 1000 hours later it still my favourite sandbox crafting game. I have half the bits I need to build a server PC for Ark in the future rather than renting one.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462248459

Hughesy said:
First thing to do is punch some trees and also pick up rocks from the ground to make a pick axe. But for a proper guide this is pretty good. Ah I miss so much the feeling of hopeless and not having a clue what to do, 1000 hours later it still my favourite sandbox crafting game. I have half the bits I need to build a server PC for Ark in the future rather than renting one.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462248459
Thanks will check out the link, yeah ive gathered wood and rock so will try and craft stuff thanks.

Just finished playing through SOMA again, I'm now craving a follow up. It's not often you get a tense horror game like that which also has a great story, especially if you search everywhere for little bits of hidden back stories.

Interesting turn of events at Bioware Casey Hudson the creator of the ME series is back in the fold as the company's General manager

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/07/18/coming-home/

Iv'e been playing Destiny 2 beta on the PS4 and so far it's good, it's looks like they have focused the game to mainly be Fireteam only instead of doing the game solo as it gets intense.

I was a Warlock in the first game so trying out the Hunter class and wow what a class :)

Iv'e been playing Destiny 2 beta on the PS4 and so far it's good, it's looks like they have focused the game to mainly be Fireteam only instead of doing the game solo as it gets intense.

I was a Warlock in the first game so trying out the Hunter class and wow what a class :)
Can't wait to play this on PC with @RevolvingPrawn . Last time we were stuck playing it on Xbox, so I was obviously very excited when it got announced for PC. The first game got a lot of hate, but playing it with mates was so much fun. Can't remember what class I was, but I think it was Hunter

The 2016 Doom PC game is now giving away all multi-player DLC as a free download update on Steam... plus a sale/discount on the game coming this weekend.

I very much enjoyed the single-player campaign, and I've had fun running around blasting bots on multi-player maps offline. (I typically avoid public multi-player in most games due to rampant toxicity & so much lag from too many players with bad connections.)

Hughesy said:
I hope it's optional, the bloody game is already like 80GB.

I don't think it's an optional update, unless maybe you manually disable the Steam client's auto-update option for the game.

I downloaded the update with all DLC and the "Local Files" page/tab in my Steam client's properties for Doom says the game is now 68.6 GB.

For 2 days only, HumbleBundle.com is currently giving away free Steam keys for 2013's Shadow Warrior: Special Edition.

The 2016 Doom game is currently having a free-to-play weekend on Steam, as well as a 50%-off discount sale - and it now includes all multi-player DLC at no extra cost.

Back my first ever game on Kickstarter. It looks like it could be awesome, and the devs are really friendly. Already have plans to run a server from a PC I'm in the middle of building to run servers. :D
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/qisoftware/dead-matter?ref=user_menu

The new career mode looks great in F1 17, thankfully my wrist should be fully recovered by then  :D

Hughesy said:
The new career mode looks great in F1 17, thankfully my wrist should be fully recovered by then  :D
yeah I've got to admit I was sceptical at first after the dodgy upgrade system they gave us last year but now after seeing that new skill tree to borrow a phrase from Liam Kosta "I'm all in" as it looks really good. I like the fact it's going to throw a few classic car challenges as well to mix things up.

What was dodgy about the upgrade system? I thought it worked great, I'm currently one upgrade off having my McLaren fully upgraded.

Hughesy said:
What was dodgy about the upgrade system? I thought it worked great, I'm currently one upgrade off having my McLaren fully upgraded.
for me it was just too eas y t oupgrad e quickly that's all because there wasn't many options my car was fully upgraded by the time I got to season 3/4 or something. Thankfully this time because we have a bigger skill tree it shouldn't be a problem.

Lol tinpot
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-04-konami-announces-exclusive-global-partnership-with