The Game Thread!

fIsince08 said:
Pre ordered F1 2017 today, really looking forward to it.

yeah I pre ordered it last weekend once I saw the skill tree. Got a few interesting side bits too in that you can do classic championships for example with the old points system where only the top 6 scored points also there's modes where you can race with random and reversed grids and all sorts apparently. Looks like we're getting quite a neat little package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DKsLJtUFII

Really looking forward to playing this game, I reckon I'll buy it just before I go back to uni (for some reason I tend to play the PS4 loads while at uni, hardly at all at home).

I always wished there was a game for F1 2007 and F1 2008 and they were the years we missed out on, so to have the 2007 Ferrari and 2008 McLaren is so mega, can't wait!

MBKF1 said:
Really looking forward to playing this game, I reckon I'll buy it just before I go back to uni (for some reason I tend to play the PS4 loads while at uni, hardly at all at home).

I always wished there was a game for F1 2007 and F1 2008 and they were the years we missed out on, so to have the 2007 Ferrari and 2008 McLaren is so mega, can't wait!
My favorite F1 games were 01/02.

MBKF1 said:

Rfactor

I just hope the simulation and FFB are improved a lot, I crave GP4 level of quality, even though it's old, it still has better force feedback than F1 16
MBKF1 said:

I still have the disc for it on PC

Not sure what my favourite one of all time is as I've enjoyed all the ones I've bought over the years in one way or another but of the CM ones I'd still say 2010 and 2012 are my favourites. 2016 ran them pretty close and I suspect the way it is 2017 will as well. Possibly even beating them. But that's moer based on the info we have on the game atm not hands on experience yet. But either way 2017 looks like it's capable of topping the list.

Hughesy said:
MBKF1 said:

Rfactor

I just hope the simulation and FFB are improved a lot, I crave GP4 level of quality, even though it's old, it still has better force feedback than F1 16
MBKF1 said:

I still have the disc for it on PC
yeah I've still got the F1 challenge game for PC. Don't play it much though these days I tend to lean towards CM's games when I want to race.

So a while ago I bought Prey, although I liked it the zero G sections gave me motion sickness, so I stopped playing. A few days ago I went back to it and bloody love it. The systems the developers put in place just work so well, not matter how you play it. It's so satisfying using stuff you don't need and putting it into a recycler so you can make stuff you do need. The level design is also pretty special, helped by some stunning graphics using the CryEngine. When I played the demo on Xbox the game didn't shine, so it was quite a shock how good it looked on PC.

It's also probably the best optimised PC game of the year, which is surprising after the mess they made of Dishonoured 2. That I blame on idTech 5 engine, it's always been a rubbish engine, just look how poor The Evil Within looked and performed.

Atm when not rallying with Dirt 4 I am busy sinking even more hours into M&B Warband, according to Steam I have 1314 hours spent playing it LOL. Can't wait for Bannerlord!

Bought Sonic Mania today for Nintendo Switch, great game. It's based on the original games but with some twists and overall improvements. It even has a CRT filter you can apply, which actually makes it look better as there's no sharp edges like you get with LCD/IPS screens. It's Sonic back to its best, none of that 3D crap, 3D works with Mario as it's a slow paced game, but Sonic is all about speed so 3D doesn't work imo. It's hilarious seeing Sonic on Nintendo, when you think back to the console wars and how Sega always talked crap about Nintendo 
https://youtu.be/bun8tA_ksZw

Sega does what Nintendon't                                                    

I do wish Sega was still in the hardware business, I loved the Dreamcast after my mate convinced me to buy one. People always say Nintendo will go the same way as Sega, then they bat something out of the park. My Switch has been a life saver during breaks which were painfully boring before I got it.

Lukedfrt said:
The Dreamcast was my first console, it was so underrated! 

The Game Gear was mine I think although I never had a proper console until the PS1. But then that's because I did and for the most part still do game on a proper computer. My first computer was an Amstrad CPC464

I still have a Nes, it doesn't work but I still have it :joy: If I had a bigger house I'd have one room just displaying all the retro stuff.

Hughesy said:
I still have a Nes, it doesn't work but I still have it :joy: If I had a bigger house I'd have one room just displaying all the retro stuff.

yeah same here I think I've still got my Game Gear doesn't work properly any more though but that's probably more down to not having touched it as I don't play portable much although I do have a PSP for portable reasons if I want it as that works. Although tbh I don't play that much either. Mostly used  it for playing games like Sonic though back in the day.

All this retro talk, I think Saturday I'm going in my loft and see what old consoles I can find. I wish I looked after my older stuff more, just so I could remember it all. It's why I still have my 360 and also the original fat PS3 which doesn't work as the bluray broke. I did buy the smaller PS3, but it was so ugly compared to the original PS3. I just hope it's not too hot Saturday, as the loft gets so hot in that weather, it will be a fun treasure hunt lol.

Yeah I've still got my PS3 plugged in and everything although I don't use it much but then I never did really. But then I don't tend to use any of my consoles much so they don't get much wear and tear they tend to only get a workout when my PC is down either through a virus or I'm doing maintenance on it or something. In those times I'll dedicate a couple of hours or a day or whatever gaming on them instead. Depending on how I'm feeling and whether I'm in the mood for playing one of the games I have for them.

This may not be popular, but No Mans Sky is finally a really good game. If they delayed the game by a year and released it with all the content it now has it would have done a lot better. When it came out I did enjoy it, but as there was no purpose it got old after a while, but now there's so much to do it's great. After the storm they faced im surprised they carried on developing content, but it shows they care, as bigger developers would have let it rot.

Hughesy said:
...If they delayed the game by a year and released it with all the content it now has it would have done a lot better...

Could say the same of many games. :)

That's why I typically wait to buy games until quite some time after release. It's usually a better value.

Most games don't get content after release though do they, especially for free.

Many don't get free content, especially the amount this game has got. You may get like the odd bit of free clothing or weapons, but not game changing content. Trust you to be negative about a game though   ;)

Hughesy said:
Many don't get free content, especially the amount this game has got. You may get like the odd bit of free clothing or weapons, but not game changing content. Trust you to be negative about a game though   ;)
Indeed yeah there can be a few dud ones at launch but most are still in a very playable state I'd say.

@sjsharp2010 So about when you said I was wrong when I said we couldn't get any DLC for MEA  ;)

http://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-is-dropping-support-for-mass-effect-andromedas-single-player/