F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
@sjsharp2010 So about when you said I was wrong when I said we couldn't get any DLC for MEA  ;)

http://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-is-dropping-support-for-mass-effect-andromedas-single-player/
Yeah I read that yesterday on the BSN. I'll still keep playing the game as I still enjoy it but it is sad it's not being added to. I kind of got the feeling that this was coming though after I heard the Montreal studio was shut down.

@RevolvingPrawn Oh wow just found out I can sync my Phillips hue lights with games like No Mans Sky B)

Nah this is bloody awesome, how have I only just found it out. That startup screen going through the stars whilst changing colour, my lights change at exactly the same time. I had to use two apps, one for the lights and another to make it seem  like it's in border mode (the app doesn't work with games running in full screen) but actually using fullscreen. I love technology.

must admit I'm looking forward to hearing those classic cars engines screaming for mercy charging down that long Baku start finish straight on F1 2017 this is going to be fun.

Hughesy said:
This is what it looks like, love it          
Reminds me of the Lightpack I have strapped to the back of my monitor. The original software the devs made doesn't work with games (is amazing for movies), but there's another bit of software that works perfectly for gaming. When you go over red and white kerbs on one of the F1 games it's amazing to see the lights projecting onto the wall behind the monitor flash red and white in time with how fast you go over them on screen :)

Not my video, but the video I did put up on YouTube is 3 years old and this one shows way better just how amazing a difference it makes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AExnbEEszSc

That looks great bud. I just never expected my hue lights to support stuff like this, I only got curious after noticing on the box it said it can be linked to music and stuff. It's amazingly responsive as well, it does use like 9% of my CPU, but when you have so much CPU power to spare it's not an issue. It works great with movies as well, but obviously it's limited to 1 colour at a time, but it does amazingly well adding extra ambience to what's going on on-screen. These lights were already worth the high price tag with being able to control them with my voice and what colour I want, so this was an awesome surprise.

Im pretty sure I can setup each light to control a portion of the screen like in your video, but it would be pointless considering they are above my TV rather than behind the screen. That 4K TV I was going to get during the Amazon Prime sale had those kinda lights built in which would have been great to have.

I got it for free a while back, I promptly uninstalled it as I found it boring. Still cool for that people can get it for free though.

Yes because shock horror people have different tastes in games, stupid comment.

What was funny about it? When you hate NMS, it's obvious you didn't say it in jest.
I'm sorry if I didn't see the funny side when I was sent home from work with a migraine which made me puke, but there's no need to be rude is there.

Just preloaded F1 17, roll on Friday and then Saturday when I play it with @RevolvingPrawn

See? We do have something in common. I'm at home with food poisoning. We are both at home feeling unwell.

But I still find your taste for raisins deeply disturbing.

Hughesy said:
What was funny about it? When you hate NMS, it's obvious you didn't say it in jest.
I'm sorry if I didn't see the funny side when I was sent home from work with a migraine which made me puke, but there's no need to be rude is there.

Just preloaded F1 17, roll on Friday and then Saturday when I play it with @RevolvingPrawn
yeah I've preloaded it too looking forward to it.

See? We do have something in common. I'm at home with food poisoning. We are both at home feeling unwell.

But I still find your taste for raisins deeply disturbing.
I hate raisins, they look like decomposed testicles. 

Just a few more hours and we can play F1  :D Sadly as I'm still not feeling great I won't be using my wheel, so tonight will just be a quick mess about using a controller. Tomorrow is when I'll play it properly, and with no work until Tuesday (cheers bank holiday) I have 4 days of uninterrupted F1 play

Haha perfect, I just didn't have work, then you reminded me it was a bank holiday on Monday, so it's going to be an awesome weekend.

Hughesy said:
Just a few more hours and we can play F1  :D Sadly as I'm still not feeling great I won't be using my wheel, so tonight will just be a quick mess about using a controller. Tomorrow is when I'll play it properly, and with no work until Tuesday (cheers bank holiday) I have 4 days of uninterrupted F1 play
Yeah that's kind of what I'm doing just a few quick races tonight to get a feel for the game and the difficulty I want considering it's all on a slider this year and maybe do a classic car race around Baku to hear those engines screaming for mercy down that long start finish straight then start my first career mode tomorrow.

Wow they've really optimised the game a lot better this year. Last year with my 980 I struggled to get 60fps at all tracks, especially Baku, this year totally maxed out and at Baku it's 60fps with room to spare :D Also the engine noise from the old cars are orgasmic.

Try the 88 McLaren around Monaco, ridiculous amounts of fun :)
Haven't tried the McLaren yet but I have driven the 92 Williams that was awesome to drive Looks good to racing at night in Bahrain when I did a night race in it. Done a couple of races in the 2017 cars as well I must admit I think I'm going to really like this game once I'm a little more used to the handling.