Jump to content

The Game Thread!

Recommended Posts

@RevolvingPrawn Dude the impulse triggers work on PC. Go into settings, there's one called trigger rumble, if it's on auto set it to on. Codemasters kept that quiet. I'm just about to use my wheel, but I thought I'd tell you after finding the setting and then testing it with my controller  :D

Uhh wow Codemasters have finally done it, they've finally made good FFB, it feels amazing. There's a lot more settings to change as well, track bumps, and a load more. There's also a setting called enhanced understeer, it basically makes you feel it better. This is the first time I've been happy with the FFB in Codemasters F1 game. So yea there's that and the impulse triggers for controllers, they have really gone above and beyond this year, looking forward to playing it with you Saturday.

Just started my career with McLaren, the second worst car, but I wanted that so I can put those upgrades to good us, plus they are my favourite team and the best looking car in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Dude the impulse triggers work on PC. Go into settings, there's one called trigger rumble, if it's on auto set it to on. Codemasters kept that quiet. I'm just about to use my wheel, but I thought I'd tell you after finding the setting and then testing it with my controller  :D

Uhh wow Codemasters have finally done it, they've finally made good FFB, it feels amazing. There's a lot more settings to change as well, track bumps, and a load more. There's also a setting called enhanced understeer, it basically makes you feel it better. This is the first time I've been happy with the FFB in Codemasters F1 game. So yea there's that and the impulse triggers for controllers, they have really gone above and beyond this year, looking forward to playing it with you Saturday.

Just started my career with McLaren, the second worst car, but I wanted that so I can put those upgrades to good us, plus they are my favourite team and the best looking car in my opinion.
yeah I'm tempted to do a career with McLaren or Sauber eventually. Although I was going to go Williams for my first career mode. Going to do one or 2 more practice races first and then I'll probably jump in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Man it's so much fun. They have really nailed the physics, there's more traction from the rears, but when you lose it it's hard to recover like we've seen in real life. Career mode is also much improved, I also like that ai difficulty now uses numbers, so you can tweak it to exactly how you want it.

My first qualifying session and it's raining lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Man it's so much fun. They have really nailed the physics, there's more traction from the rears, but when you lose it it's hard to recover like we've seen in real life. Career mode is also much improved, I also like that ai difficulty now uses numbers, so you can tweak it to exactly how you want it.

My first qualifying session and it's raining lol.
yeah that's why I think I'm going to like the game this year so that even when you have earned all the possible upgrades in career it needn't be a walk in the park as you can tweak the AI up to make it more challenging if necessary because I think having locked setting it adjusted the AI too much so you have to find other ways to make it challenging in the previous games. Now we can adjust how we want. Going to take a while to earn them all considering there's over 100 of them especially as CM have added the possibility that some of them can fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's basically a RPG racing game isn't it :D So far in my first ever lap in the set I'm only a tenth slower than Alsono, pretty happy with that. The new graphics settings totally change the look compared to last season, like ultra plus shadows, SSRT shadows and ASSAO, it really looks amazing.

Ah missed out on getting into Q2 by .050. Now to do my first race, if the game wasn't so fun I wouldn't be playing still, as I'm in quite a bit of pain at the moment. It's also raining in the race, but driving in the wet was fun during qualifying. With the FFB being so much better, I can feel what's going on with the car unlike last year.

Im definitely going to get engine penalties during the season, good old McLaren Honda lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cool I didn't know you get invites during the season to race the classic cars.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Cool I didn't know you get invites during the season to race the classic cars.  :D
yeah you can I've been watching some of Aarava's vids looking forward to racing the classics in career too haven't got there yet as I've only got round to doing 1 practice session so far but yeah they've turned it into an RPG style game this year which is just perfect for me as I'm starting to really love RPG style games. I can see F1 2017 becoming one of my favourites from CM once I've got the hang of everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oi oi! Get yer helmets out for the lads!

I was gonna wait a month before I got the game, but I'm pretty tempted to order it in the next couple of days tbh, been very impressed with what I've seen so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'll show you my helmet tomorrow mate.... :joy:

Btw you have gone for the same design as me, but different colours.

I have changed the colour a few times, still not totally happy, but thankfully you can edit it whenever you want.

Just about to start my second race, already used 48% of my first internal combustion engine after just one race, practice and qualifying done at the second, I love Honda so much....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yay my front wing development has failed, but at least my engine upgrade worked which is what the McLaren really needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Yay my front wing development has failed, but at least my engine upgrade worked which is why the McLaren really needs.

Sounds strange to be celebrating a failure but whatever. :p I've got a couple of upgrades in the works on both the Chassis and Aerodynamics section as that's what  the Williams needs most atm. Hopefully neither of them fail but you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thought you might appreciate this vid @Hughesy as it's quite funny what Ben did regardin the fact he's driving for McLaren like yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55nxWId3sHQ&t=1s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Yay my front wing development has failed, but at least my engine upgrade worked which is why the McLaren really needs.

Sounds strange to be celebrating a failure but whatever. :p I've got a couple of upgrades in the works on both the Chassis and Aerodynamics section as that's what  the Williams needs most atm. Hopefully neither of them fail but you never know.
It was sarcasm  ;)

After finishing my second race last night, my engine had 60% wear, I lost power during the race, which at China wasn't great. I finished 15th and beat Alonso, I did a one stop race starting on super soft then went to mediums, almost everyone else did two stops using super softs and softs.

Woke up this morning with a bad shoulder, either slept on it funny, or it's from using my wheel for most of the day yesterday. I'm still going to start playing again once I've finished my coffee. I still can't get over how detailed the wheel FFB is, for 6 years every F1 game has felt numb and disconnected, now it's just as detailed as RF2. IMO it's a masterpiece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Hughesy So no pic of your helmet in the car? Those ones in the menu never look quite the same as the actual helmet in the car :p Go into the instant replay and use photo mode to get a good shot. You can zoom in using the field of view camera option :)

@sjsharp2010 What are you using for uploading? Just chuck it on Imgur and then link it here, easier than any other host.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Photo mode, how do you do that as I see no option? It's not going to look much different though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Photo mode, how do you do that as I see no option? It's not going to look much different though.
It looks very different :p My helmet on that preview looks much greyer than it does in the car. While you're in the instant replay mode press whatever button you use on your wheel for pause/start. The game also supports Nvidia Ansel ;)

Bonus pic from before I picked my current helmet.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have had to change 3 parts of my power unit already just before Bahrain qualifying, so just like real life, it's going to be a long season for me at McLaren :joy:

Doesn't look much different to me, must just be your helmet colour.

Great picture  of the Renault bud, still my favourite livery.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Could be the colour yea. So for yours I get the red, being your favourite colour, but how come the yellow and the blue? It kinda reminds me of a Montoya helmet though which is cool :)

That Renault is deffo a gorgeous one. It'll be better once someone is able to mod the Michelin logo onto the tyres though, makes it look strange having bare tyres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No idea if I'm honest with you :joy: I wanted some blue as I do like the colour, originally the yellow was black, but then you couldn't really see the blue next to it. I did think about making it look like the Renault above, but I wanted red. I'm just glad we can change it whenever we want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Hughesy So no pic of your helmet in the car? Those ones in the menu never look quite the same as the actual helmet in the car :p Go into the instant replay and use photo mode to get a good shot. You can zoom in using the field of view camera option :)

@sjsharp2010 What are you using for uploading? Just chuck it on Imgur and then link it here, easier than any other host.
I use flickr it works on most forums as I use it on the BSN but I just can't seem to get it to work here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You need to click on the little picture, then paste the code then just push the space bar. If it doesn't show up after doing that you are using the wrong link code, should be called direct link, at least on Imgur it is which is the best btw


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No way I've lost 7th gear during the Bahrain race, it's one of the bits I didn't change as I thought it was ok. I do like this extra authenticity though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
You need to click on the little picture, then paste the code then just push the space bar. If it doesn't show up after doing that you are using the wrong link code, should be called direct link, at least on Imgur it is which is the best btw


I know it just wasn't working for me at the time when I tried it. Maybe I'll try again later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×