The Game Thread!

I'm with Hughesy on this one, I think Monaco is actually easier on 2017 too. It's way easier to throw the car through the corners and not worry about sliding into the barriers.

Time to go up to 95 difficulty, finished 5th at Bahrain after a race long battle with the Red Bulls. Btw, has anybody else noticed that Hamilton is not as good as Bottas, Raikkonen or Vettel in career mode?
He has won one race so far on mine but doesn't seem all that impressive.

Treated myself to a nice new floor weight reduction for Monaco. The part failed the first time I tried it and since I get 500 points per weekend I can afford to miss one reliability upgrade for a little while.

I was wondering why after 14 races I'd never seen a safety car come out even with cars stopped on the track, it's turned off for some reason :joy: . Annoyingly you can't change any settings mid weekend. I also need to turn up the difficulty as I'm out classing Alonso by a lot, so I'll go up to 90-92 I think once I've finished Kuala Lumpur.

Edit: Who thought it was a good idea to have the settings grayed out in career menu, but if you quit then load back into it and press start whilst on the loading screen, you can change the settings, seems stupid to me. Still at least I now have the safety car on and difficultly turned up, can't believe I've gone 14 races without checking why the safety car had never come out lol.

I obviously haven't bought F1 2017. Bug surprise, I know. Even though there would have been a good chance for me to pay the full price this year.

And while the majority of threads in the technical section of this forum are a big reason for me not to purchase the game right know, there is one much more glaring issue aside from wonky practice times, graphical glitches, and shoddy safety car mechanics.

Full qualifying. It has been ruined once more.

I've been watching streams and gameplay videos and somehow Codemasters managed once more to ruin full qualifying. The cars leave the garages all at the same time, don't give each other any space, I've seen Q3 sessions where sometimes the cars do only one lap, and of course they couldn't care less if a human player wants to set a time.

How is that even possible? After the absolutely dreadful F1 2015 qualifying they seemed to finally fixed it in 2016. Yet, in 2017, it's broken. I know that Codemasters likes to focus on multiplayer stuff because league players think their virtual seasons are the most important racing series on the planet, but for solo-players like myself this is the number one reason why they won't see a single dime from me.

Erm, rant over. Just needed to get that out of my system. Still would like to drive the F2002, though!

Anyone else done the esports qualifier around Monza? It's such an awesome idea.. Had a couple of attempts earlier and managed to get into the top 500 on PS4, which i thought was pretty decent! 

Didn't even know there was such a thing. I suck at Monza and don't really like the track :joy:

Lukedfrt said:
Anyone else done the esports qualifier around Monza? It's such an awesome idea.. Had a couple of attempts earlier and managed to get into the top 500 on PS4, which i thought was pretty decent! 

No enjoying myself too much in career for that.

Well that was unexpected! Got a safety car around Spain (ironically because my teammate Perez broke down). There were only about 15 laps left so I pitted for a set of softs as I had a gap to the car behind when the pace was low. I lost a place, but my pace was so good on the restart I ended up on the podium!

fIsince08 said:
Well that was unexpected! Got a safety car around Spain (ironically because my teammate Perez broke down). There were only about 15 laps left so I pitted for a set of softs as I had a gap to the car behind when the pace was low. I lost a place, but my pace was so good on the restart I ended up on the podium!
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together. :D

Just came second in my McLaren at Texas, in what was a crazy race. The whole race it was raining, but it wasn't wet enough for inters, so it was a low grip race. I started on super softs down in 13th and was struggling for traction, as well as being slow on the straights. But when I pitted for softs everything changed, I suddenly felt comfortable and with 8 laps to go I was chasing down Max for 4th. Just as I overtook him a safety car came out (my first as it was switched off without knowing). On the restart I overtook Hamilton for P2, and managed to hold him off for 3 laps even though I was very slow on the straights, as in the fast and tight corners I was quicker. Great race at a track I don't like so much.

Hughesy said:
Just came second in my McLaren at Texas, in what was a crazy race. The whole race it was raining, but it wasn't wet enough for inters, so it was a low grip race. I started on super softs down in 13th and was struggling for traction, as well as being slow on the straights. But when I pitted for softs everything changed, I suddenly felt comfortable and with 8 laps to go I was chasing down Max for 4th. Just as I overtook him a safety car came out (my first as it was switched off without knowing). On the restart I overtook Hamilton for P2, and managed to hold him off for 3 laps even though I was very slow on the straights, as in the fast and tight corners I add quicker. Great race at a track I don't like so much.

Sounds like it was a good race.

I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/298437#Comment_298437

The bleeding Honda upgrades don't even work properly in the official video game :D

Oh ffs, I've only done engine upgrades, I was wondering why I was so slow still, Codemasters trolling Honda 100%. I guess it's realistic :joy:
Im still getting great results though, came 5th at Mexico which is a power circuit, got slightly lucky with a safety car which helped a lot as my strategy was wrong. If anyone wants a kick ass setup for Mexico let me know, obviously I'm using Honda, but it could work with other cars.

Well...sh**. Should have known picking Mclaren was a bad idea from the start. I just hope they tweak it so that a McHonda can at least get close to Merc in the engine department. Bugged upgrades aside, the performance bar doesn't fill me with confidence of ever getting close.

Well...sh**. Should have known picking Mclaren was a bad idea from the start. I just hope they tweak it so that a McHonda can at least get close to Merc in the engine department. Bugged upgrades aside, the performance bar doesn't fill me with confidence of ever getting close.

Well As @Hughesy said at least it's realistic we can't blame them fo rthat. :p . But yeah hopefully they solve these problems. Kind of glad now that I didn't choose McLaren for career because I did think about it.

Indeed it is. I had a hospital appointment today and then the rest of the day off,  plenty of time today play F1 with my broken Honda engine. :D

Edit: Well I didn't expect this, I loved it on PC so will definitely buy it for the Switch. It obviously won't look as good as the PS4 X1 versions, but that doesn't bother me. People said the Switch wouldn't get 3rd party support, but that's being proven wrong.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/crime_classic_l_a_noire_is_sleuthing_its_way_to_switch_this_year

I see they haven't fixed the ******* ai during a safety car since previous versions then. Catching up to the safety car and behind me on the straight was Hamilton, and he pissed past me. I was like I'm not having that, so overtook him, it then told me to give the position back, like WTF! Thankfully I could rewind, but this time I had to weave on the straight as he was still trying to overtake me. Come on Codemasters, you've had years to fix this! Also during a restart at Mexico the cars all slowed and pretty much stopped, leading to me and some ai cars ghosting and getting overtaken. I think I'm going to disable the safety car even though I like the authenticity, I can't put up with this crap.

Edit: I got my revenge, on the restart he tried to overtake on the outside into the first corner at Brazil, which is the the inside, so I turned in and he hit my rear wheel and span out, result, sorry Lewis but you ****** me off. With that result it looks like McLaren will finish ahead of Sauber, Toro Rosso and Renault even though my engine upgrades don't work.  B)

HumbleBundle.com is currently having a big "end of summer" sale (ends Sep. 21) with lots of PC/Steam games deeply discounted. (I've purchased many Steam keys from HumbleBundle before, so I can personally vouch that they're legitimate.)

Operator1 said:

HumbleBundle.com is currently having a big "end of summer" sale (ends Sep. 21) with lots of PC/Steam games deeply discounted. (I've purchased many Steam keys from HumbleBundle before, so I can personally vouch that they're legitimate.)

yeah I've bought a few as well.

Operator1 said:

Of course they are legitimate, they do a lot for charities :joy:

They've so called fixed the McLaren engine upgrades, not sure if it will be applied for me as I did a mid race save, but I'll soon know when I go down the long straight at Abu Dhabi.

Just bought Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle for Nintendo Switch, it's awesome fun. It's a turn based strategy game with a Mario twist, somehow this fun and unique game was made by Ubisoft, they don't normally make unique games. I could have bought it from Ubisoft and got 20% off, but I bought the digital version as PayPal had an offer for £5 off and I get to play it now rather than next week, so in the end I only paid £5 more.

Hughesy said:
They've so called fixed the McLaren engine upgrades, not sure if it will be applied for me as I did a mid race save, but I'll soon know when I go down the long straight at Abu Dhabi.
well I think I read on the main forum they said any fix they do will go straight in when it came to the McLaren problem..