The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
I see they have improved the AI in Pcars 2.....
https://youtu.be/N90HMPL8VxM

Indeed. :p makes CM's AI look like masters of the game atm. At least in that vid it does

I was going to buy it until I watched that video, now all my money will go on Forza 7 as it’s awesome.

31 AI cars at Monaco turn 1... Yeah, it looks like the PCARS2 AI get proper borked when heavily crowded into tight areas. I saw another video of 31 AI cars in the snow at Brands Hatch doing the same thing. Pretty good simulation of online pub races. :p They've said an AI patch is already in the works.

Hughesy said:
I was going to buy it until I watched that video, now all my money will go on Forza 7 as it’s awesome.
yeah I'm tempted by it but I'l wait till Christmas at least I think. As I do have a bit of a backlog of games to play and would like to play some of them first if I can find the time

Project Cars has AI? I guess in this instance it stands for "Artifical Idiots". It's pretty hard telling them apart from most online players.

Still looks like an upgrade on the first one, however. :lol:

Project Cars has AI? I guess in this instance it stands for "Artifical Idiots". It's pretty hard telling them apart from most online players.

Still looks like an upgrade on the first one, however. :lol:
In that vid it certainly does that's for suer but yes it does have AI but I've nevre found it as good as CM's though. Graphics wise I'd say P Cars is the better game but gameplay wise I think CM win. At least for me they do. I do like the way both CM and SMS games play though.

Just bought Forza 7 ultimate edition, I was so impressed with the PC version I had to. Saying that £50 was from my mum for my birthday as I said I wanted to get it. So really I’ve only spent £30 myself.

Hughesy said:
Just bought Forza 7 ultimate edition, I was so impressed with the PC version I had to. Saying that £50 was from my mum for my birthday as I said I wanted to get it. So really I’ve only spent £30 myself.
yeah that's kind of why I'm holding off on P Cars 2 until about Christmas so I can get Mum to pay for it or something. Plus I have plenty of other games to keep me occupied for now as I have a little bit of a backlog that I'd like to clear. So avoiding getting new games for now is probably a good thing both financially and for the games waiting for me to get to them. The only things I plan to get are Fifa 18 and Battlefront 2. In fact I've already ordered Fifa so that's already sorted. I'll wait till the end of October before I order Battlefront. Other than those 2 I don't plan on getting anything.

So bored waiting until Friday to play Forza 7. Because of boredom I keep almost buying Pcars 2, then the video I posted comes to mind. I wish the Forza 7 demo had a practice mode, because then I could hot lap which would keep me occupied until next week.

Yea and they said that all throughout development of Pcars and after release, but nothing was done.

Hughesy said:
So bored waiting until Friday to play Forza 7. Because of boredom I keep almost buying Pcars 2, then the video I posted comes to mind. I wish the Forza 7 demo had a practice mode, because then I could hot lap which would keep me occupied until next week.
yeah I'm feeling a little like that for Fifa 18 though. Atm I'm just passing time by finishing up a playthrough I have on the go on DAI. Then go through the Journey mode on Fifa 17 again. Hopefully by the time I've done that though 18 will be out. Admittedly there's not that much new in 18 beyond Season 2 of the Journey and a more cinematic career mode but still I'm looking forward to it.

I’m looking forward to FIFA as well, I’m getting the Switch version though so I can play at work. It’s out the same day as Forza (if you have the ultimate Forza edition) so I probably won’t play Fifa much that day. I’m hoping it arrives a day early so I can play it then. The story mode doesn’t interest me all in Fifa as it’s crap, so I’m happy it’s not included in the Switch version.

Hughesy said:
I’m looking forward to FIFA as well, I’m getting the Switch version though so I can play at work. It’s out the same day as Forza (if you have the ultimate Forza edition) so I probably won’t play Fifa much that day. I’m hoping it arrives a day early so I can play it then. The story mode doesn’t interest me all in Fifa as it’s crap, so I’m happy it’s not included in the Switch version.

Shame as I actually enjoyed the Journey mode last year and given they've expanded on it a bit this year by giving us moer options I'm looking forward to playing it. I'm mainly thinking of playing Season 1 again to remind myself what happened again before I start on Season 2.

I have played a couple of matches on the demo and I preloaded the full  game last night but unfortunately it doesn't unlock until Thursday evening 11pm So I have t ofind w3ays to keep myself busy until then. Shouldn't be too difficult though as just going through the Journey Season 1 again will likely take me at least 2 or 3 days

It’s not a shame for me, it’s the worst game mode I’ve played in any game in a long time. 

Lukedfrt said:
I enjoyed The Journey, i'm doing it again  so i can get back into it before Friday! 

Yeah so am I I'm replaying it on Fifa 17 atm kind of refreshing my mind as to what happened. Apparently we can get to play in USA or Europe in Season 2 among other things. I don't know everything as I've tried to avoid spoilers so I can uncover them for myself later but apparently we can customize Alex now as well as we work through it. Also you can import your Alex's stats from Fifa 17 as well so it plays from where you left off. Not sure what direction my Alex will go yet but I'm looking forward to it. But I get the feeling I might play more than once to see a few different ideas. But then I did with Season 1 as well.

The journey was certainly a good idea for a little extra to come back to the game for. I don't think I'd be buying Fifa 18 if it wasn't for the Journey as the rest of the game looks and plays more or less the same as 17

I must admit though it's going to feel a bit strange using Wembley as our home stadium on Fifa 18 when playing career but not the first time I've done it though. As when playing as Spurs on PES before I've often used Wembley given PES doesn't have all the official stadiums. I think I'm going to miss playing at the old White Hart Lane but then I can always boot up one of the old FIFA's if I want to play there

Played the demo. My bro has got it for my birthday, so I can play it next week. He only paid £13 as well.