The Game Thread!

Definitely the best game I've played this year.. Although that may change when i play Horizon Zero Dawn in a few weeks aha

GTA V rumoured for Nintendo Switch, it would be the 4th platform I’d own it on lol. Much rather have RDR2, but with LA Noire remake already coming for it, I’m glad a developer like Rockstar are supporting it, and people said the Switch wouldn’t get 3rd party support :joy:

My Fifa 18 for Switch has dispatched from Amazon, although I’m still only expecting it to arrive Friday. Fifa on the other consoles and PC seems to make midfielders redundant, so I’m hoping the Switch version isn’t like that. More than ever FIFA seems to be about cricket scores, rather than more representative results.

Edit: Just found out that US Amazon Prime subscribers get 20% off all game preorders, yet in the UK all we get is a £2 discount.

Hughesy said:
My Fifa 18 for Switch has dispatched from Amazon, although I’m still only expecting it to arrive Friday. Fifa on the other consoles and PC seems to make midfielders redundant, so I’m hoping the Switch version isn’t like that. More than ever FIFA seems to be about cricket scores, rather than more representative results.

Edit: Just found out that US Amazon Prime subscribers get 20% off all game preorders, yet in the UK all we get is a £2 discount.

At least it's on it's way though I've already preloaded but it doesn't unlock till tomorrow evening though.

11pm according to Origin. Will start on the career mode I think and save the Journey mode till I get going on Friday or at least that's my plan atm.

Doesn’t look like it’s going to arrive today. It doesn’t surprise me, as EA have told companies not to send them out early   :(

Hughesy said:
Doesn’t look like it’s going to arrive today. It doesn’t surprise me, as EA have told companies not to send them out early   :(

Well I'm looking forward to playing it tonight when it unlocks. Time to see what Wembley is like with Spurs's colours all over it.

I’ll be playing Forza 7 tonight :p I’ll still play Fifa when it arrives tomorrow, as I’m interested how the Switch version stacks up against the others. Obviously the graphics won’t be as good as the PC version, as long as the gameplay is similar I’ll be happy, yet another game to play during my lunch break :D

Hughesy said:
I’ll be playing Forza 7 tonight :p I’ll still play Fifa when it arrives tomorrow, as I’m interested how the Switch version stacks up against the others. Obviously the graphics won’t be as good as the PC version, as long as the gameplay is similar I’ll be happy, yet another game to play during my lunch break :D
Nice to see we're both going to be busy with games we enjoy though. Was thinking I might try pulling off a bit of a coup as Spurs boss on my career mode and take Diego Costa off Chelsea's hands. As I think he would make a great strike partner for Harry Kane. I know he's signed to return to Atletico irl but in the game he's still registered as Chelsea so thought I might give it a shot. Don't think I want to change the Spurs team too much as I'm pretty happy with our squad. I just feel the need for an extra striker as I like playing with 2 up front. My plan atm is to play Costa and Kane up front with either Alli or Erikson just behind them in an attacking midfield role. I think that would make for an excellent threesome. If that doesn't put the Premier League on alert I don't know what will. :p

Looks like I have to redownload Fifa 18 not had a chance to play it yet. As I can't get it to boot up stupid thing strange really as the demo works just fine but the full game's being stubborn. Just thrown my plans for getting my career underway out the window. Hate it when shit like this happens.

Thankfully I had no issues with Forza. Also unlike Steam where the games never unlock on time and then take ages to unpack, MS Store it’s unlocked bang on time and is playable right away.

From the demo to now they’ve improved the FFB a lot, I still can’t over I’m playing a proper Forza on PC. I literally have no reason to have an Xbox now. I’m so happy that we can change the length of career races now, I don’t have to do crappy 5 lap races. Sadly you can’t choose exactly how many laps you want to do, but by choosing to do longer races you also earn more money.

Hughesy said:
Thankfully I had no issues with Forza. Also unlike Steam where the games never unlock on time and then take ages to unpack, MS Store it’s unlocked bang on time and is playable right away.

From the demo to now they’ve improved the FFB a lot, I still can’t over I’m playing a proper Forza on PC. I literally have no reason to have an Xbox now. I’m so happy that we can change the length of career races now, I don’t have to do crappy 5 lap races. Sadly you can’t choose exactly how many laps you want to do, but by choosing to do longer races you also earn more money.
I think it's partly m yfault though as I seem to remember I had to quit Origin to do something half through it's preload so hopefully redownloading will solve the problem only annoying thing is that's 7 hours wasted as it took 7 hours to download. I've got it going again trying to download it so hopefully it'll solve the problem.

Fifa just arrived, EA have done a great job for a first attempt on Switch. The graphics obviously aren’t as good as the PC version, but weather you play it docked or on the go it looks and plays great. I’m happy I decided to get it for Switch.

Hughesy said:
Fifa just arrived, EA have done a great job for a first attempt on Switch. The graphics obviously aren’t as good as the PC version, but weather you play it docked or on the game it looks and plays great. I’m happy I decided to get it for Switch.

Yeah I saw a vid o0fit last night on youtube it look like the old PS3 vresions of Fifa which is quiet impressive if you take into account the fact it's a portable machine

I will say though based on the demo I really like the cinematics this year of player celebrations and the crowd and everything it looks really polished. Looks like EA have put a lot of effort into this years game. Can't speak for the full game though as I'm still downloading it but I have to say based on what I've seen in both the demo and in youtube vids I like the new approach. Especially as I'm definitely finding the game more of a challenge this year as well  think I'm going to have to drop down from Semi pro to Amateur as I'm even finding Amateur a challenge now.

No it looks a lot better than the last gen bud, it’s close to how it looked on Xbox One before they switched to Frostbite. Obviously when you play it on the go you lose some detail as it’s 720p, but it looks very good. There’s a lot more impressive looking games on the Switch, so I’m hoping now they have more time they will use Frostbite for Fifa 19, if UE4 games work on Switch there’s no reason why Frostbite won’t, as I know from using it on PC it’s very scalable. :) The main thing it’s missing is AA, maybe I should buy that special HDMI cable I linked yesterday lol.

Hughesy said:
No it looks a lot better than the last gen bud, it’s close to how it looked on Xbox One before they switched to Frostbite. Obviously when you play it on the go you lose some detail as it’s 720p, but it looks very good. There’s a lot more impressive looking games on the Switch, so I’m hoping now they have more time they will use Frostbite for Fifa 19, if UE4 games work on Switch there’s no reason why Frostbite won’t, as I know from using it on PC it’s very scalable. :) The main thing it’s missing is AA, maybe I should buy that special HDMI cable I linked yesterday lol.

I was only reporting what I saw on the youtube vid and that's how it looked to me but then I was still impressed given the switch is a portable machine.

Yea I know you were, just thought I’d clarify what it actually compares to, as YouTube isn’t great for judging graphics.

Im having an issue with Forza 7, the ai are too slow. I have it set to unbeatable, yet still win easily most of the time, Forza 6 wasn’t like this. Obviously this time I’m using a wheel, but I’m no driving god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPlpJaY6zpg

Guess they reserve proper pitstops for the Xbox One X 4K Hyper Edition.

Also, looking through the official Turn 10 forum and Reddit, it looks like they're quite a significant number of bugs. What else? Oh yeah, this sh*t: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/loot-boxes-have-reached-a-new-low-with-forza-7s-pay-to-earn-option/

Yeeeah, looks like I have to hope for the new Gran Turismo game to clench my racing game thirst.

They have had loot type stuff for a while, but you don’t use real money to buy them. Not experienced any bugs on PC. I won’t be buying GT, it looks like a very dry game without a soul, with considerably less content compared to previous GT games. PD used to be the king, but that time has long gone, the cars still sound like hoovers as well :joy:

Pretty funny bug someone posted for the Switch version, they look like Mexican luchadors    :joy:

I'm enjoying it so far, still seems to play a bit too fast for my liking but definitely an improvement over last years!

Lukedfrt said:
I'm enjoying it so far, still seems to play a bit too fast for my liking but definitely an improvement over last years!
Yea I didn’t like how fast it was when I played the demo on PC, seems like realism has gone out the window in favour of cricket scores. Midfielders are almost pointless in the game, thankfully the Switch version isn’t like that. EA make changes for changes sake, but not always for the better.