The Game Thread!

Lukedfrt said:
I'm enjoying it so far, still seems to play a bit too fast for my liking but definitely an improvement over last years!
yeah I've only got round to playing a couple of games so far. But that's mostly because I've been involved in a lot of contract and transfer negotiations as I've mostly focused on getting my career mode underway but gameplay wise I'm finding it a little bit tougher but I quite like that because I did find at times 17 was a bit too easy. In 18 I'm closer to Amateur level whereas at times on 17 I could match it on Semi pro. Haven't got round to checking out Season 2 of the journey yet but I do plan to now that I've got the game working. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for Hunter.

So yeah, Cuphead is effing amazing. Difficulty is up there, nice and tight gameplay, and the aesthetics are some of the best I've ever seen in gaming. A real gem.

Up next: Star Fox 2 on the SNES Mini.

So yeah, Cuphead is effing amazing. Difficulty is up there, nice and tight gameplay, and the aesthetics are some of the best I've ever seen in gaming. A real gem.

Ooooh, that does look good. I'll keep an eye on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owqd61etEoc

Up next: Star Fox 2 on the SNES Mini.
Cuphead looks great, it’s a shame it’s a exclusive on consoles, as it’s the type of game I’d like on Switch, but I’ll probably buy the PC version soon.

I cancelled my Snes mini pre order. I think after the  initial novelty of it I probably wouldn’t play it much. I’ll just wait for them to release some of them on Switch, I still have a working original Snes anyway :)

Apparently Switch sales of Fifa 18 account for just 1% of total sales, hopefully EA stick with it unlike the Wii U 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtWJCB4vE4Q

Yeeeah, quite frankly, Turn 10/Microsoft can p*ss off for all I care. Real shame since I very much enjoyed Forza Horizon 3 and their previous Motorsport titles, especially the 4th one, but I can't bring myself to support this greedy behaviour in any way shape or form.

Typical EA they make a game with what I feel was pretty good balanced difficulty wise and then release a patch that screws with it. I was playing the game on Amateur just fine and enjoying it then they g oand drop the amateur and Semi pro difficulties down t othe point where I'm even beating Man City 8-0 with my reserve squad on semi pro. Ridiculous.

Lukedfrt said:
Apparently Switch sales of Fifa 18 account for just 1% of total sales, hopefully EA stick with it unlike the Wii U 
There’s a reason for that bud, first EA didn’t produce enough carts, it was sold out everywhere. Also PS4,Xbox and PC have a huge install base compared to it, so it’s a little unfair to compare them. The main issue was the first one though, they simply underestimated how popular it would be, so only made a limited amount of carts, so the only option is digital and its more expensive on the E store. When pre orders went live on Amazon they sold out very quickly.

My bro played the Switch version with me, he loved it and of course beat me..... He has the PC version so was able to compare it. I still see the Switch as an awesome handheld console, which docks and becomes a good console at home. Most of the time I play in handheld mode. EA aren’t known for supporting Nintendo, but then they were also the same with PC once, now it’s the best version of the game, so there’s that...

Typical EA they make a game with what I feel was pretty good balanced difficulty wise and then release a patch that screws with it. I was playing the game on Amateur just fine and enjoying it then they g oand drop the amateur and Semi pro difficulties down t othe point where I'm even beating Man City 8-0 with my reserve squad on semi pro. Ridiculous.
Actually I thought I turned it up to semi pro when the new patch went in but it turned out I hadn't and it was still on Amateur but it looks like Semi pro is kind of where Amateur was so it's not too bad. Have to admit that patch did throw me off  a little bit.

Damn! At Monza in F1 2017 career mode and in qualifying I set fastest first two sectors, only to miss out on pole by 46 thousandths and the top 3 split by 83 thousandths.

fIsince08 said:
Damn! At Monza in F1 2017 career mode and in qualifying I set fastest first two sectors, only to miss out on pole by 46 thousandths and the top 3 split by 83 thousandths.
that's close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtWJCB4vE4Q

Yeeeah, quite frankly, Turn 10/Microsoft can p*ss off for all I care. Real shame since I very much enjoyed Forza Horizon 3 and their previous Motorsport titles, especially the 4th one, but I can't bring myself to support this greedy behaviour in any way shape or form.

Built from the ground up for micro-transactions:
http://redd.it/73g7do

Destiny 2 also looks quite micro-transtastic.

Like I always say: they'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. We vote with our wallets: every pre-order & purchase is a vote that says "yes, give us more of this." If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. So there's 2 more games for me to vote against by not purchasing them.

Anybody know if F1 2017 has the two hour rule in it? I just did a 115 minute race at Singapore without any sign of a clock.

Also, a rather bizzare incident. I was 40 seconds behind Vettel when the SC came out. I followed the delta time, then when it switches to "catch the car behind" I got 2 drive through penalties for exceeding 10 car lengths. Mate, I'm 40 seconds behind driving flat out, give me a break! Had to go back to a save and do it again.

The safety car is a complete mess. Managed to get 6th in a Sauber at Monza because a lot of the AI had to serve penalties for what you were screwed for, illegal blocking and overtaking under the safety car. The rain also helped i suppose...

There were moments Jeff kept telling me i had permission to overtake the car in front but the OSD was telling me to stay behind them! 

I've also had races where the AI decide to drive into the back of the safety car and end their race. Maybe they were just putting themselves out of their own misery.

EUfkdup said:
The safety car is a complete mess. Managed to get 6th in a Sauber at Monza because a lot of the AI had to serve penalties for what you were screwed for, illegal blocking and overtaking under the safety car. The rain also helped i suppose...

There were moments Jeff kept telling me i had permission to overtake the car in front but the OSD was telling me to stay behind them! 

I've also had races where the AI decide to drive into the back of the safety car and end their race. Maybe they were just putting themselves out of their own misery.
I've just done some browsing through the forum and there's a patch coming which should sort a lot of it out, so I'm not posting a bug report until after I've tested it. Interestingly, Grosjean in my last race got 4 5 second penalties for ignoring blue flags and Sainz got 2.

By far the worst thing during a safety car is the restart. If you are mid pack and they all slow down, you turn into a ghost and they all just overtake you. The worst track for it seems to be Mexico.

In my last race, Stroll wiped himself out after trying to force his way through me. I overtook him at the last corner on the pit entry side but obviously he wanted a change of tyres. Bloody youth of today

Nice I can now record videos on my Nintendo Switch, welcome to the 21st century Nintendo. It’s only the last 30 seconds, but it’s a start.

Edit: Not quite 21st century, it’s only supported in a few games, Fifa isn’t one currently, which is a shame as I’m scoring some cracking goals. Hopefully EA add support for it.

Bought Gran turismo sport, the graphics are amazing but the game doesn't have any cars older than 2009 except for 80s model group B Audi. So no classic cars which is a real shame.

Battlefront II looks so great visually, and the campaign stuff is no doubt going to be good but the whole loot box stuff in multiplayer is just awful, are you getting it on launch sj?

AMS97KRR said:
Battlefront II looks so great visually, and the campaign stuff is no doubt going to be good but the whole loot box stuff in multiplayer is just awful, are you getting it on launch sj?
yeah I am I'm mostly interested in the single player stuff though I'm not interested in the MP. Gameplay wise it looks like it plays a lot like MEA in SP and I enjoy Andromeda's combat. It's one of the main reasons why I'm still playing it.

Probably for the best you're not interested in it, can't see EA changing much between now and launch in terms of the multiplayer. Really disappointing what they've done with the multiplayer considering how much potential there is there :(  It's pretty much the reason I would have bought it...