The Game Thread!

AMS97KRR said:
Probably for the best you're not interested in it, can't see EA changing much between now and launch in terms of the multiplayer. Really disappointing what they've done with the multiplayer considering how much potential there is there :(  It's pretty much the reason I would have bought it...
yeah it's the main reason why I stayed away from Battlefront 1 no SP. I liked what I was seeing graphics wise though as Frostbite is a beautiful engine and given how it handled Battlefield I knew it would look great for games like Mass Effect and Star Wars type games if done right. Wasn't too sure at first about Dragon Age at first when I heard Inquisition was going to use it but it worked out well. So it's certainly not just showing how pretty it is but how versatile as well especially given EA's sports games like Fifa are using it too now. It's taken a little while to get it where it needs to be to handle these games but I think they're getting there. Perhaps my only criticism is that faces do look a little cartoony from time to time but that aside I think they've done a good job with it.

fIsince08 said:
Anybody know if F1 2017 has the two hour rule in it? I just did a 115 minute race at Singapore without any sign of a clock.

Also, a rather bizzare incident. I was 40 seconds behind Vettel when the SC came out. I followed the delta time, then when it switches to "catch the car behind" I got 2 drive through penalties for exceeding 10 car lengths. Mate, I'm 40 seconds behind driving flat out, give me a break! Had to go back to a save and do it again.
I once followed the delta time thinking I was safe and then it randomly added 5 tenths to a second at the very end of it, giving me a penalty.

So I crashed out Massa as a response, caused a SC and won the race because I pitted. Take that.

Really enjoying Destiny 2 on PC. It looks so much better than the console version and playing at 60fps is so much nicer. The fact that my 980 can max the game and get 60fps most of the time at 1440p shows they put a lot of work into the game. The graphics are a lot better than most games, yet my aging GPU keeps up.

It’s a great week for games for me, as MARIO Odyssey is out Friday  :D

Hughesy said:
Really enjoying Destiny 2 on PC. It looks so much better than the console version and playing at 60fps is so much nicer. The fact that my 980 can max the game and get 60fps most of the time at 1440p shows they put a lot of work into the game. The graphics are a lot better than most games, yet my aging GPU keeps up.

It’s a great week for games for me, as MARIO Odyssey is out Friday  :D
Haven't pick it up for a few weeks already bored with it lol.

I probably will play it gain once the expansions come out.

Dude it’s Amazing. This is why I love Nintendo, because they focus on making fun games. Unlike Mario 64 or Mario Sunshine it runs at 60fps, which helps a lot. It’s by far the best platformer I’ve ever played, the controls are so intuitive.  I’m not surprised to see almost perfect scores across the board. The hat mechanic adds something fresh to the series, and it works really well. I would record some footage of me playing, but you can only post videos to Facebook or Twitter, and it’s only 720p 30fps, so it ruins it. Amazing year for Nintendo, this and Zelda in the same year, to this day it still amazes me what this little hybrid console is capable of.

Also playing in handheld is surprisingly good. The main difference is the resolution, but as the screen is so much smaller than my 50 inch TV it’s not a massive downgrade. Nintendo obviously know how to get the most out of the hardware, especially as it still runs at 60fps.

It’s a good job there’s no proper lives in Mario Odyssey, as I’m drunk and keep dying as my timing is way off :joy:

I think i'll pick up a Switch next time there's a double discount at work! I've still got my Wii U to sell, with a few games so hopefully i can pick up the Switch for relatively cheap! :smiley:

There's too many games out atm that i want to play haha

That’s the best thing about working at a supermarket, when I worked for Tesco the discounts were awesome. Amazing time of year for games no matter what platform you play on. 

My little brother has an Xbox, and apparently he's got some 2 week free game pass to use up. One of the games you can play on it is Dirt Rally... I've come back home from uni this weekend especially to play it :p Always wanted to play the game, but have never got round to buying it! Hoping I'll like it enough to buy it outright! 

I used to love Mario 64, but I don't think the Switch has enough 3rd party games (even then, would they have a big playerbase?) to justify the purchase. I'd play Mario Kart and probably pick up Mario Odyssey, but this is the issue I had with the Wii U, just not enough games or there is 3rd party games I own - I already own Skyrim (about 3 or 4 times over) and Rocket League for example.

I'd love to actually know if a big game like CoD WW2 came out on Switch exactly what size the player base is.

For me it has plenty of games, even as a PC Gamer. Being able to take it to work and play is a massive plus, I just love the concept, even though I originally didn’t when rumours started coming out. It’s also selling like hot cakes, it wouldn’t replace your PS4, but it’s s damn good companion, especially as Nintendo are making the best games they have ever made. When I bought it I had no intention buying multi platform games, yet I bought FIFA on it rather than PC, and I’m really happy with it.

The problem with if they released COD on Switch, they would probably dumb it down as they are a lazy publisher. Nintendo are getting better at online  functionality, but still way behind Sony, MS and PC. I have Doom and  LA Noire pre ordered for it, even though I have both on PC, but the Switch just fits my gaming needs currently. Mario Odyssey is one of the best games I’ve ever played, so I’m more than happy with what Nintendo have done since they messed up with the Wii U (which I actually liked even though it failed)

Seeing every UK Youtuber getting given an Xbox One X is getting quite annoying.... :|

Hughesy said:
For me it has plenty of games, even as a PC Gamer. Being able to take it to work and play is a massive plus, I just love the concept, even though I originally didn’t when rumours started coming out. It’s also selling like hot cakes, it wouldn’t replace your PS4, but it’s s damn good companion, especially as Nintendo are making the best games they have ever made. When I bought it I had no intention buying multi platform games, yet I bought FIFA on it rather than PC, and I’m really happy with it.

The problem with if they released COD on Switch, they would probably dumb it down as they are a lazy publisher. Nintendo are getting better at online  functionality, but still way behind Sony, MS and PC. I have Doom and  LA Noire pre ordered for it, even though I have both on PC, but the Switch just fits my gaming needs currently. Mario Odyssey is one of the best games I’ve ever played, so I’m more than happy with what Nintendo have done since they messed up with the Wii U (which I actually liked even though it failed)
Yeah I've seen the Switch version of Doom it actually looks pretty good considering it's a small portable console

Hughesy said:

Yeah I've seen the Switch version of Doom it actually looks pretty good considering it's a small portable console
*Hybrid ;)

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

*Hybrid ;)
*Tablet ;)

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

*Hybrid ;)
*Tablet ;)
Tablet doesn’t have physical controls  and easily dock to play on TV, or good games ;)

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

*Hybrid ;)
*Tablet ;)
Tablet doesn’t have physical controls  and easily dock to play on TV, or good games ;)
*Tablet that you attach controllers to ;)

Keep telling yourself that, while I play one of the highest rated games ever  B)
Also a tablet doesn’t become more powerful when plugged into the mains, the Switch does, hence hybrid.

So does a TV.....
It has more in commen with a laptop, not many tablets have a fan inside them.

South Park is really good game, anyway this year we got many good games
I'm also waiting for the new Path of Exile League, the last Harbinger League impressed me and I am grateful to GGG :-) I am also wondering whether Diablo 3 has died or is releasing a D4 similar to PoE. However, PoE has decoded D3 and is currently the most open-source MMO. What is different about the PoE from its predecessor is the ability to trade, which blizzard blocked, and which in PoE is the basis of the game. The main currency are exalted orbs, each exalted of about 100 chaos orbs, depending on the league. Hardcore exalted orbs are more expensive, and the standard is cheaper. If you wanted to buy exalted orbs, this is a great offer https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile After exalted orbs you can buy other poe orbs, mostly chaos orbs. GGG also does not like rmt trade, but tolerates :-)

Anyone else picked up the new COD?

I haven't had the last 2 due to not having interest in the futuristic setting but damn this one is great!