F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Lukedfrt said:
Anyone else picked up the new COD?

I haven't had the last 2 due to not having interest in the futuristic setting but damn this one is great!
nope I've seen it on youtube but tbh I'm waiting for Star Wars Battlefront 2 which I currently have preloading as we speak. Looking forward to the campaign on that and the arcade mode.

So I’ve become slightly obsessed with the speed run race courses in Mario Odyssey. On one course I went from 70,000 in the world with a time of 37 seconds, to top 100 with a time of 20 seconds. The goal is simple, get to a certain place on the map in the shortest time, there’s no set route so if you can come up with cleaver routes and have very fast reflexes then you can gain a lot, it’s addictive. When you pull it off, it’s like when you pull off the perfect lap in F1. The fastest time someone has done this one is 14 seconds, now when I started I was like how can they do it so fast, there’s no way I can, but now I feel I can get very close to that time, as my last run had two mistakes which would have caused me to lose time.

This is guy here is ranked 3rd I think. My run is similar, but my reflexes aren’t so fast at the moment.

https://youtu.be/-H_gLw0GpY0

So last night was fun. I went to a pub with a mate I haven’t seen for ages. Got drunk and played some pool, then we started playing Fifa on my Nintendo Switch. Anyway after a while a drunk old guy who must have been in his 70s came up to us and said, “Oh is that Fifa, can I play?” So we played FIFA with s drunk old guy, he was actually pretty good, probably the oldest gamer I have met. Good times :D

Playing LA Noire remaster on Switch, it looks and plays great. It also doesn’t look any different compared to the PS4 version, so they have done a great job with the Switch version.

https://youtu.be/kRSNmkhWd7g

Edit: Sweet, my copy of Skyrim for Switch just turned up a day early. 

I’ve been ill in bed all day, but ended up playing Skyrim on Switch in portable mode a lot. I still can’t quite believe I’m playing Skyrim fully portable, whilst still looking and playing great. Even though I played the PC version a lot, I’ve still ended up doing quests that I haven’t done in the PC version, plus all the expansions are included, none of which I bought for PC.

Has anybody been playing the new Assassin's Creed game? I'm looking at maybe picking it up cos I've got Amazon vouchers so it wouldn't cost me anything. The reviews look good, and most comments on YouTube are people saying it 's really good, but I've not enjoyed an AC game since Black Flag.

I am a bit pissed at Ubisoft though. On their store, -you can buy the PC download version of the Gold Edition for £62.24, and that includes the season pass. But if you click on either the PS4 or X1 version, it's £49.69, and that's a physical edition which comes in a box... How in the hell does that make any sense? I've tweeted three different Ubisoft accounts about it, yet of course, none replied.

Physical games on consoles are always cheaper bud, even on Nintendo Switch even though the carts are expensive to produce lol.

I haven’t bought it, as you know I love the series, but there’s just too many games that I’m currently playing. I have read good things about it, but not the PC version. It has 3 different types of DRM which kills performance on some PC’s, causing all CPU cores to max out.
It’s also lagging behind in patches compared to the console version, some things like HDR haven’t been added like was patched in those versions, that won’t affect you but I think rheee was something else added that the PC is yet to get.

It's just so backwards! Like it costs them more to produce the box, the sleeve, and the disc, than it does to send a frigging code by e-mail or whatever. Yet the more expensive to produce product is priced cheaper... I've Tweeted Ubisoft twice about it now, and no reply. It's pathetic. PC gamers spend more on their hardware overall, and yet we're now getting stuck with some games being priced higher than the consoles. They might as well have not bothered putting the game on PC if they won't treat that platform the same as they treat the others.

Christ, 3 types of malware then. I wouldn't mind DRM so much, but it's often negative impact on performance makes me view it like I would a virus.

Black Friday is a glorious thing.                        

Has anybody been playing the new Assassin's Creed game? I'm looking at maybe picking it up cos I've got Amazon vouchers so it wouldn't cost me anything. The reviews look good, and most comments on YouTube are people saying it 's really good, but I've not enjoyed an AC game since Black Flag.

I am a bit pissed at Ubisoft though. On their store, -you can buy the PC download version of the Gold Edition for £62.24, and that includes the season pass. But if you click on either the PS4 or X1 version, it's £49.69, and that's a physical edition which comes in a box... How in the hell does that make any sense? I've tweeted three different Ubisoft accounts about it, yet of course, none replied.
not yet been enjoying Battlefront 2 instead but then I don't really play the Assassins Creed games much. I bought the early ones in a pack but just couldn't get on with them tbh. I just found the combat and sneaking around a little too difficult.

Jiggy said:

It would be if I wasn’t buying a new car in a few weeks, seeing so many deals is killing me when I shouldn’t be spending any money,

Hughesy said:
Jiggy said:

It would be if I wasn’t buying a new car in a few weeks, seeing so many deals is killing me when I shouldn’t be spending any money,
It would be if I hadn't just bought a new car :p Though the deals aren't really killing me, not seen anything I've really wanted in normal sales or game sales.

The only thing I want is that bloody tv, still can’t get it out of my mind, still keep checking it even though the price won’t change. It’s at this moment I wish I had a credit card :joy:  

Just got goosebumps playing Forza 7 in 4k HDR for the first time, man it looks good. I’m now sat here watching the replay as it looks that good. Ironically Forza wasn’t hard to get running at 4k 60fps (considering Microsoft’s past) even though my 980 is getting old. 

Damn this game looks good in 4K HDR. Sadly you guys wont see exactly what it looks like on my screen, but it still looks great 

Bought Assassins Creed Origins now the PC version has HDR support, it looks incredible. The game itself is great, love the settings, see Ubisoft giving yourself an extra year pays off.

After all these years, I have finally bought Rocket League, bought it for £10 on Nintendo Switch. :)
Its a shame I can only play with PC and Xbox players, as Sony are miserable bastards. 
Won my first online game 4-1, lost my second game 4-1 :joy: This game is highly addictive, I setup 3 goals and scored one, most of it is luck, but it’s bloody good fun.

Just won a game 11-1, I scored 6 of them. So much fun.