The Game Thread!

Owning a Nintendo Switch has never made more sense than at Christmas. Sat at my parents and still able to play Rocket League online whilst slightly drunk. 

So, I went and played Doki Doki Literature Club. Even if it appears to be something you wouldn't play, seriously give it a try. Don't let the style fool you. One of the trippiest games I've ever played (there's actually a warning before the game starts :lol: ). For a game that's only a couple of hours long, it's one of the best I've played certainly this year.

I've repurposed my old iPhone and now have it attached to my wheel for racing sims, it’s so much better having all the info on my phone and tablet next to me, rather than loads of hud on screen. The app I’m using is called RS Dash, it also works with consoles when playing Pcars 2 incase anyone is interested. :D

So, I went and played Doki Doki Literature Club. Even if it appears to be something you wouldn't play, seriously give it a try. Don't let the style fool you. One of the trippiest games I've ever played (there's actually a warning before the game starts :lol: ). For a game that's only a couple of hours long, it's one of the best I've played certainly this year.
Oh god, it's everywhere.

The only time I was more shook, was when I played Undertale and I'm still not over Undertale.

I've got back into Grand Prix World recently. I dominated my first season as Benetton and Fisichella won the title, but onto season 2 and I'm struggling to beat McLaren and Ferrari. I found illegal traction control on the McLaren at the last race and reported it so I'm hoping they get disqualified from Monaco.

Things are looking up! Frentzen (McLaren's number 1) has been disqualified from 2 races after we reported McLaren. DC (Benetton, me) and Villeneuve (Williams) are now just 5 points apart at the top of the table, but we're starting to pull away from McLaren in the constructors table and after the next race all of my designers will be working on the 1999 car.

Our works deal with Ford is paying dividends as we're getting a new engine every 3 races or so. I've been focussing on reliability but I went for a massive power upgrade with the latest model which should bring me closer to the Mercedes powered McLaren. Right in time too, Austria is the next race!

Just turned my PS4 on for the first time in a very long time. There was an issue with the disc drive which I’ve had before, I have to put it vertically but upside down and then back normally and it’s fine lol. But I bought my first PS4 in years, Horizon Zero Dawn for £20 on PSN store, looking forward to playing it. I won’t have 4k as it’s the original PS4, but I will have HDR which is cool, as the original Xbox One doesn’t support it.

Edit: looks like I won't be playing tonight because PSN sucks. What should have taken a hour and a half, it's  only downloaded 25gb out of 42gb since it started two and a half hours ago. 

Edit 2: So it's finally finished, I should be going to bed but had to play. Wow for a PS4 game it looks incredible, especially using HDR. I don't get 4k, but my TV does a great job upscaling to near 4k. Even as a PC Gamer, I haven't seen many games look better than this, my PS4 does sound like it's about to take off though. It's obviously only 30fps, but that's OK. If the PS4 pro was as powerful as the Xbox One X I'd probably buy one, as it has exclusives I can't get on PC unlike Xbox exclusives. 

Edit 3: I did have an issue with the audio when using my X-Rocker speakers, the audio was reversed, so what should have been coming out of the left side was coming out of the right, and vice versa. It didn't matter how I connected them, AUX, USB dac or digital. I had this issue ages ago with a headset, thankfully my Astro A50's work fine. It's crazy as this X-Rocker chair is PlayStation branded lol. 

I've had Horizon sitting in my draw for about 3 months and i still haven't got round to playing it yet haha

Lukedfrt said:
I've had Horizon sitting in my draw for about 3 months and i still haven't got round to playing it yet haha
You mad man. It’s quickly becoming one of my favourite games ever. In some ways it’s similar to Zelda BOTW, but with a darker theme.

Still don’t get this audio issue with my PS4 when using my X-Rocker chair. Left and right speakers are swapped, works fine with every other device, hilarious that it’s Playstation branded and it’s the only thing it doesn’t work with. I’ve seen others have this issue with headsets, but that’s normally using USB, mine works with USB when using wireless, but also supports other audio connections and it’s still the wrong way around, so I’ve given up. 

Edit: So to be sure I connected the chair to my iPad and went on a YouTube channel that plays a sound on left and right side. It was the same as PS4, so the speakers are actually the wrong way around. Looks like I’ll be contacting X-Rocker support, as I don’t think it’s something I can easily change as it’s all inside the chair. There is a control panel on the side that can be unscrewed, so I might look there first to see if I can simply swap the cables.

Edit: Some plonker had wired them in wrong, or put the speaker on the wrong side. It was all one connector with 4 cables going into it, I simply took them out and swapped them around. I’m glad my hands are ok today, as I had to use a sharp knife to cut away clue sticking the connector to the board.  Lol

Dude you're busy playing a pretty average horror game instead of possibly the best exclusive Sony has ever made, you're definitely mad :D
I'm enjoying it so much I'm going to buy the Frozen Wilds expansion for it. 

Im actually thinking about buying a PS4 Pro soon. The Xbox One X is powerful for a console, but it doesn’t have many good exclusives and the ones that are, are also on PC, so it’s pointless for me. With my PS4 disc drive being iffy and also the disc button sometimes sticking I need a new one if I buy more PS4 games.  I wonder if the Pro has a 5ghz WiFi chipset, as I'm only getting 30mbps which is why my downloads are slower than I'm used to, I should get over 70mbps. 

Hughesy said:
Lukedfrt said:
You mad man. It’s quickly becoming one of my favourite games ever. In some ways it’s similar to Zelda BOTW, but with a darker theme.

Still don’t get this audio issue with my PS4 when using my X-Rocker chair. Left and right speakers are swapped, works fine with every other device, hilarious that it’s Playstation branded and it’s the only thing it doesn’t work with. I’ve seen others have this issue with headsets, but that’s normally using USB, mine works with USB when using wireless, but also supports other audio connections and it’s still the wrong way around, so I’ve given up. 

Edit: So to be sure I connected the chair to my iPad and went on a YouTube channel that plays a sound on left and right side. It was the same as PS4, so the speakers are actually the wrong way around. Looks like I’ll be contacting X-Rocker support, as I don’t think it’s something I can easily change as it’s all inside the chair. There is a control panel on the side that can be unscrewed, so I might look there first to see if I can simply swap the cables.

Edit: Some plonker had wired them in wrong, or put the speaker on the wrong side. It was all one connector with 4 cables going into it, I simply took them out and swapped them around. I’m glad my hands are ok today, as I had to use a sharp knife to cut away clue sticking the connector to the board.  Lol
Yeah it's a shame it didn't come out on PC as I'd have been tempted to get it.

I’m massively impressed with the PS4 Pro. Horizon Zero Dawn looks better than some of the games I play on PC, also Last Of Us at 4k brilliant considering it was first made for PS3. Something weird has happened, I’m starting to prefer the DS4 controller over the Xbox One controller. Only the  analogue triggers suck compared to X1, when using the X1 my thumbs hurt because the tops are too small with the raised edge.

I think the next game I’m going to buy is GT Sport, if I buy PS+ I’m up for racing anyone here that has it :) Sport is really cheap on Shopto at the moment as well.
Even though the pro vents a lot of heat, it’s so much quieter than the og PS4. Never thought I’d go back to console gaming except the Nintendo Switch, but here I am and I’m loving the Pro.

GT Sport is decent, it's not as bad as i expected.. And the more i play it, the more i'm enjoying it!
Just a shame theirs so few real world tracks.

Just bought it, I had points to use up on Shopto so I only paid £15, next week I'll get PS+ so I can play it online. I like the online system for it, as it's similar to iRacing. 

Hey everyone, it's been a while. I'm on GT Sport as well, let me know if you're in for some fun. Btw I think I've seen some of you playing F1 2017 also...

Welcome back. I’ll want to get some practice in before I embarrass myself online :joy: I’ll probably buy PS+ on Friday, possibly a years sub so I don’t have to worry about it. I’m quite enjoying gaming on PS4 Pro, so I look forward to hopefully racing some of you.

I've also just got GT Sport and F1 2017 over Christmas. Uni is pretty intense right now, but would love to join in on the fun too. I'll buy like a 3 month PS+ pass very soon!

Nice, this is going to be awesome if we can all get together. Hopefully mine comes tomorrow, thankfully the PS4 supports my T500rs wheel, I'd be awful using a controller.  

mike96 said:
fIsince08 said:
I got GT sport at Christmas too, I guess I'll have to dig the headset out for my PS4.
Are you on F1 as well, Chris?
Had it since launch but tbh I've got bored of career mode after my first season, gone back to Grand Prix World as I like the management side more.