DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Had to leave work early today because of family issues. I'm now at home and playing GT Sport, holy smokes does it look good on PS4 Pro running 4K HDR.
I love the physics and already feel comfortable, the FFB is also pretty good. It's a shame it doesn't have more real world tracks, especially as it's a licensed FIA game, but the made up ones are still fun to drive. I still think Sony made them rush something out because PD take so long to make anything, but what is there is great. 

Content wise I'd agree, but online from what I've seen is a lot better and feels professional. They have now added a normal career, but I'll just stick custom races until I can play online. Currently doing a 30 lap race at Brands Hatch in a Honda Civic R.
You can look at Sport and put it in the same bracket as Prologue but with more content, I'm pretty sure GT7 will come out at some point, maybe 20 knowing PD :joy:

Also, unrelated, but I hope Sony let us change our PSN names soon, I don't want to be called hughesyboozy anymore, it doesn't even use a capital ffs lol. You've been able to do this on Xbox for many years, so I don't get why you cant on PlayStation... 

I'm sure i read somewhere the other day that they are finally going to let people change user names.. I could do with a capital L in mine!

Lukedfrt said:
I'm sure i read somewhere the other day that they are finally going to let people change user names.. I could do with a capital L in mine!
Hope so, I’d even pay to change it, I hate it that much.

Lukedfrt said:
Luekdfrt sounds much better imo. 

Hughesy said:
It’s weird though, every time I see it I read it as Luke :joy:
I'm the opposite. Even though I see 'Luke' I still read it as 'Loo-ek'!

Had a rage last night. I was doing a 30 lap race at Willow Springs, winning by miles, then two laps from the end I lost concentration. Just as I got back on the track P2 passed me, I had 3 seconds to make up in a single lap, drove like a mad man and lost by a tenth. Lesson learnt, keep focused until the end :joy:

Btw Sony have a deal on for PS+, 15 month sub for the price of 12, so that’s what I’ll be getting tomorrow.

Unlocked my favourite track finally, Interlagos. More racing games should include this track. 

Don't know about this weekend unfortunately... possibly Sunday though.

Just bought my PS+ sub, 15 months for the price of 12. It felt like a lot, but I plan on playing online a lot and also get free games. Batman Telltale is free and I haven't played that. I've played Mankind Divided, but unlike the PC version I believe the PS4 version has HDR support. 

Just did my first ever online race in GT Pro, it’s the first time I’ve raced randoms in ages. I went into it just trying to not hit anyone, which I achieved. 2 laps from the end though a back marker was trying to ram people in front, when I caught up to him I was watching him like a hawk. Got past him in the last corner at Nurburgring, I knew he’d try and hit me in the first corner, so just before braking I darted to the inside line, then watched him go flying into the wall. I overtook two cars on the last lap, both I presumed didn’t stop for fuel and tyres as they were slow, I came 6th which wasn’t bad, everyone else was racing clean, just this one guy. I enjoyed it though, kinda stressful as it was my first race, but after a few laps I was comfortable. 

The games on PS+ have been decent for the last few months, Metal Gear Solid 5  being the standout!

And yeah i'm up for a few races, haven't played GT online yet haha

My advice for your first online race, be super cautious. First corner try and take yourself out of harms way and then  assess the situation for the first lap or two. If a person behind you is driving erratically just let them past, as they will probably crash a few corners later. I certainly got an adrenaline rush playing it online.

Just had an awesome GT Sport session with @Lukedfrt and @Hughesy , looking forward to the next time guys! :)

Btw I forgot to ask you, how was the connection? Any lag issues? Everything was fine here....

Luke missed the closest race :joy: You were lagging slightly at times, but nothing major. When we have more people and Luke has more cars it’ll be awesome. I hit level 20 whilst we were playing, so I can now get some practice in single player at the Ring.

Ah sorry guys, ended up going into London this weekend. Really want to race soon!