The Game Thread!

mike96 said:
Just had an awesome GT Sport session with @Lukedfrt and @Hughesy , looking forward to the next time guys! :)

Btw I forgot to ask you, how was the connection? Any lag issues? Everything was fine here....

I remember when us and @Matthew77258 raced on one of the F1 games ages ago. You both started and I only had 3 lights on  :D

I wanted to do more racing tonight, alas my crippled body let me down. If I could get into racing just using a controller it would be better, but I don't get the same enjoyment, plus Im rubbish using a controller. When you've been using a wheel since 2001, it's hard to go back. :joy:

Been playin gsome MP lately solo on both Mass Effect 3 and ME Andromeda as well  really been enjoying it too. I don' t normally play the MP side of things on games but I managed to survive a few waves of enemies on the Bronze difficulty so was really proud of that. I've not been able to complete a match yet but I've managed a couple of rounds. I actually like the fact that at least ME's MP you can at least play it solo

I have a cool way to grind money in GT Sport if anyone wants it.

First, buy a Toyota S-FR 2015. Up its power to just before the rating changes to N200, as you want to keep it at 100, also lower its weight to the minimum and fit race super soft tyres.

Then go to custom race, select Nordschleife 24h layout. Set the race to endurance which will be 10mins. Use standing start, set ai to use GR1 cars, also set them to pro and start in last place. Now here's the clever part, set fuel usage to X10, they will run out half way around the track. Make sure you turn boost off as well. So it's basically a 1 lap race and you can win over 200000 credits If you pass them all clean with no contact.

:sunglasses:

Edit: And with that I just got to 1 million and then bought the Bugatti Vision concept car. Unlike some GT Vision cars it has a interior. 1,626bhp :worried:

Yeah i could definitely do with some better cars haha, i've got about 25 but they're almost all standard road cars 

It’s so awesome. I was doing really long races before this and earning less than half of what I get by doing 1 lap of the 24h layout ring. That Toyota, although slow, is fun to drive with race super sorts. It should take around 11mins to do the lap. Once the time runs out the race doesn’t end, it ends once you complete the lap. The only issue is if the Audi LMP car gets out in front it will gain a big advantage before it runs out, as it goes further then the rest. But even if you come 2nd you get over 100K. I think I’ve done it 6 times now, and only once did I finish second because the Audi got out in front. It can be hard to pass clean, because the ai will swerve to block you sometimes.

Any of ya'll mother truckers on fortnite battle royale? I know @Lukedfrt and I are gonna play some duos when we're both online, but it'd be great to see if we can get a full squad going too. 

Also, it's free on the PSN store so you don't really have an excuse ;). 

Didn't know what to expect when i tried it, but after a couple of games i was well into it! I still haven't won one yet though :lol:

I'm up to 3 wins at the moment, 1 in singles, and 2 in squads. It's seriously the most addicting yet frustrating game I've played in a long time. 

Sorry chaps, won't be around this weekend either. Going back home from uni for a few days for a birthday so won't be back til Tuesday.

I have Fortnight downloaded now, I’m going to give it a try later.

mike96 said:
Anyone up for some GT Sport sometime during the next days?
Probably not until Saturday. Tomorrow I’ll be watching Yeovil play Man United  :)

Edit: I see they are adding more cars to Sport tomorrow and also a track. Sadly (for me) it’s Monza, I find it such a boring track to drive. It’s great they are added more stuff though, but I was hoping for Silverstone or Laguna Seca

No way, they seem to have patched my money making race in GT Sport, as the GR. 1 don't seem to run out of fuel half way around the Ring now, gutted  :( Typical as they just added a car that cost 20 million

Edit: Confirmed, they have patched it, so the cars fuel tanks are uniform, what BS this is...
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-update-1-11-brings-various-bop-changes-selection-cars/ 

I've got a decent collection going now, the free car everyday for doing the certain distance helps a lot! 

Almost finished the Evil Within 2 now as well, for anyone into survival horror.. i'd definitely recommend it 

Good luck saving 20 million though bud...lol. I am genuinely not happy about it, it wasn’t cheating the system, it was using the system in a smart way. I wouldn’t mind the grind, but the ai on Pro are too slow, so the races aren’t fun, it needs another tier imo.

I couldn’t get into Evil Within 2 when I played the demo. I’ll either wait until it’s cheap, or a PS+ game. On the subject of PS+, apparently one of the free games is Dead Souls 2, the only game in the series I haven’t played, so I’m hoping it’s true.

Lukedfrt said:
I've got a decent collection going now, the free car everyday for doing the certain distance helps a lot! 

Almost finished the Evil Within 2 now as well, for anyone into survival horror.. i'd definitely recommend it 
Have you played Resident Evil 7, Luke? If you liked EW2, then Resi 7 will blow you away :p

Lukedfrt said:

Have you played Resident Evil 7, Luke? If you liked EW2, then Resi 7 will blow you away :p
Yeah Resi 7 was probably my favourite game from last year! I got the bundle of 4,5 & 6 as well on sale the other week! :smiley:

So am I. Take it you got it free via PS+? I already had it on PC, but never finished it. It holds up well on the Pro against PC, plus it has HDR which the PC version doesn’t.
Need to start adding you lot to my friends list, I have Mike and Luke already.

So the PS+ games rumour for February was wrong. Instead of Dark Sous 2, we get Knack (really? That’s probably the worst Sony game ever) and Rime..... January games rocked, February sucks.

@Hughesy Is there a way to zoom the camera out when play Horizon zero dawn? After a while you start getting a headache with the camera zoomed so close to the girl.

Not that I know of. Never had that issue after many hours of play, I thought the fov was pretty generous. 

Hughesy said:
Not that I know of. Never had that issue after many hours of play, I thought the fov was pretty generous. 
The camera got better after the cave.

Loving how they mixed futuristic tech with a primal style game :)