Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Are you still at the bit where she's a young girl? It does get better when she's an adult. The camera movement is slightly weird compared to other games, but you do get used to it. 

Yea that's what drew me to the game, as Zelda BOTW does a similar thing and I loved that.
I also bought the Frozen Wilds expansion, but I'm yet to play that as I need to complete the main game first.
 Once you get further and understand the systems its quite a deep game. If you try and take on a high level machine you will die. I did once take on one that could kill me with a hit or two, had major satisfaction afterwards as it took like 20mins :joy:

So I just went from playing GT Sport to Pcars 2 on PC, it’s amazing how terrible Pcars 2 looks compared to GT. Even playing it at 4K the aliasing is terrible in Pcars 2. The first Pcars game looked great and aliasing wasn’t an issue, so no idea what they did to the second game. I wish GT Sport had the content Pcars 2 has. I’d especially like tracks like circuit de la Sarthe and Daytona road course, Monza was the worst track they could have added, online you just get rammed in the first corner, and it’s  just a boring track.

Just bought Assetto Corsa for PS4, already had it on PC, but for £10 I thought why not. Plus using the Pros boost mode it hits 60fps easily.
Btw @couger1981 If you haven’t already, go into the PS4 system settings and turn on boost mode, it basically uses brute force in games that haven’t been updated for the Pro, so you get slightly better performance, as much as 15fps boost, which for games like AC is a game changer.

Hughesy said:
Are you still at the bit where she's a young girl? It does get better when she's an adult. The camera movement is slightly weird compared to other games, but you do get used to it. 

Yea that's what drew me to the game, as Zelda BOTW does a similar thing and I loved that.
I also bought the Frozen Wilds expansion, but I'm yet to play that as I need to complete the main game first.
 Once you get further and understand the systems its quite a deep game. If you try and take on a high level machine you will die. I did once take on one that could kill me with a hit or two, had major satisfaction afterwards as it took like 20mins :joy:
Im at the bit after killing the Demon in the big camp, it took a few goes but managed to kill it. Haven't checked out the boost setting yet but i will when im back on. 

And i'm used to the camera now, the slight headache went away towards the end of the cave lol.

I don’t really understand why the boost mode isn’t enabled by default, it was added in one of the updates. I only accidentally found it whilst looking through the options.

Quite surprised how intact Assetto Corsa is on PS4, it looks good especially given it’s not a Pro enhanced game, plus with boost mode on, its locked at 60fps.

Paid less than that for it on PC  :p It's the most complete racer imo. They somehow made the graphics worse than the first game though, but the actual gameplay, ai and so on are much improved. 

@Hughesy Any tips on how to defeat the Boss in the first Cauldron? I am thinking about fast traveling out if i can? so i can come back later on during the game when i'm a higher level (level 16 currently).

This page should help you.
http://uk.ign.com/wikis/horizon-zero-dawn/Cauldron_SIGMA

I died a lot as well, but got there in the end. I took out as many of the smaller enemies I could using stealth. Then setup shock traps, whilst shocked I hit it hard and then ran away until I could shock it again. It is pretty hard depending on your level, 16 should be enough but obviously when you get more practice dealing with all the systems you become better at figuring out how to take down different machines. Scan it and focus on its weak spots, once you’ve scanned it, it will me in the menus so you can read and see what the weak areas are.

Hughesy said:
This is not what you expect from a pro, who even raced in F1. Bad enough kids driving purposely like this, but Scott Speed. I’m glad he got banned and also failed 3 times to take the guy out, and he’s now sold his racing rig as he’s a petulant child and is crying after getting banned.

https://www.gtplanet.net/iracing-suspends-scott-speed-drives-like-troll/
Yeah I'm not good at racing games although I do enjoy them but I'd never resort to these tactics the only time I've come close to doing so was on F1 2013, and that was only because of the damned AI

Just bought Fifa 18 for PS4 Pro, as PSN have a sale on and it's only £25. I have the Switch version, but I couldn't resist playing it in 4k with HDR. I'm supposed to be saving for this chair, always been terrible at saving though lol
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-t2-road-warrior-high-back-desk-office-gaming-chair-black-red-pu-leather-5-point-with-rollerb

Get on board Ultimate Team! :smiley:
It's so much better this year, much easier to earn coins.

That's something I haven't played for years, but I'll definitely give it a go on PS4. We'll have to play a few games at some point.

Sound mate, i'm on Fifa most days :lol:      

EDIT: I haven't played Pro Clubs for years, but it would be wicked to have a few of us on here start one!

That would be fun if there’s a few of us. Really enjoying it on PS4 Pro, at 4k with HDR it looks stunning. Obviously I’ve been used to the Switch version, which itself is amazing because it’s portable, but this version is on another level. I quite like the new transfer system (it’s not in the Switch version) although I quite often skip the dialogue, but it’s still cool how it works.

My Bro is having my original PS4, it’s a shame I can’t use game share unless he gets PS+, which is unlikely as he’s going through a divorce at the moment.

Lukedfrt said:

EDIT: I haven't played Pro Clubs for years, but it would be wicked to have a few of us on here start one!
If it's anything like our old Pro Club I'd be constantly carrying the team with spectacular defensive performances while you waste the one chance you get all game.

I'm great at scoring and creating chances, not so good at defending. What difficulty do you guys use? I use World Class.

Hows this, i'm in the Sauber at Bahrain i made it to 8th 4 laps from the finish and as soon as i hit the drs activation line on the main straight the unit that controls the fuel mixture and fuel blew up and i came to a halt on the start finish line :(

Also i seem to be going through a new ice unit every 2nd race, is this happening to anyone else in T4 cars?

That would have been a controller/wheel through the TV moment lol. I haven’t played it for a while, but everything on McLaren broke all the time :D

Lukedfrt said:

If it's anything like our old Pro Club I'd be constantly carrying the team with spectacular defensive performances while you waste the one chance you get all game.
There's no I, in team                                 

I believe I'm right in saying team in Spanish is equipo, so there is an I in team :p 

SMS have completely messed up Pcars 2. After a big update it’s like racing against the ai in Pcars 1. Was racing with @RevolvingPrawn and every race we got rammed by them. Not just that, but the ai seem to weigh more than the players, just like the first game. Before the patch it was great fun racing them, but now it’s totally messed up.  :(

Hughesy said:
That would have been a controller/wheel through the TV moment lol. I haven’t played it for a while, but everything on McLaren broke all the time :D

yeah I'd have hit the roof had that happened to me I've had a couple blow up on me during my first season on 2017 when I was extracting the most I could get out of each part. But yeah I've not played in a while either but I am tempted to pick it up again. Been busy playing other games tbh.

My PS4 somehow managed to delete my Horizon save and to make matters worse the console decided to stop uploading my saves to the cloud at level 15 right back at the first cauldron, so thats an extra 10 or so hours down the drain :(