The Game Thread!

My PS4 somehow managed to delete my Horizon save and to make matters worse the console decided to stop uploading my saves to the cloud at level 15 right back at the first cauldron, so thats an extra 10 or so hours down the drain :( 
Seriously? Everything is going wrong for you at the moment. My PS4 quite often fails to upload its saves as well. Issues like that is why I normally have multiple save files for games.

Hughesy said:
My PS4 somehow managed to delete my Horizon save and to make matters worse the console decided to stop uploading my saves to the cloud at level 15 right back at the first cauldron, so thats an extra 10 or so hours down the drain :( 
Seriously? Everything is going wrong for you at the moment. My PS4 quite often fails to upload its saves as well. Issues like that is why I normally have multiple save files for games.
I was manually saving at every 2nd campfire but they were gone too.

So strange, are you sure you didn’t accidentally login as another user or something?
The only thing I can recommend is if a save fails to upload then try again. You’ve got me all paranoid about my save now, especially as I plan on playing Frozen Wilds expansion after completing the main story.

Hughesy said:
So strange, are you sure you didn’t accidentally login as another user or something?
The only thing I can recommend is if a save fails to upload then try again. You’ve got me all paranoid about my save now, especially as I plan on playing Frozen Wilds expansion after completing the main story.
Only have one user on the console and i have made sure i manually backed up a new save for the game to the cloud. And i'll have to manually save to the cloud everytime i finish playing from now on so i dont get caught out next time if it happens.

It’s the kind of issue you don’t expect to happen on consoles, especially a first party game. Saying that way back when I had an N64 there was a game where the game save constantly corrupted lol.

Thanks, but you might want to delete the pictures from your post so people don’t have to look at them twice, as good as they are :p

So I'm finally giving The Evil Within 2 a proper chance. Playing the demo on PS4 Pro which is the full game. They just added a first person mode which is awesome. Holy shit @Lukedfrt that first proper scary women with the blades that you run from scared the crap out of me :joy:

I set my lights to red for added effect. It’s currently £20 on PSN so I’m probably going to buy it. I never finished the first game as a few things annoyed me playing it, but they’ve massively improved the second game it seems.

Anyone here got Kingdom Come Deliverance? I was just going to get it on PS4 Pro because PC specs are so high, but I’m pretty sure it also performs bad on consoles.

Damn this is a hard choice, Kingdom Come of The Evil Within 2. I'm swaying towards the later as I'm enjoying the demo and nearly at the end, but I've been waiting for a game like Kingdom Come Deliverance for so long.

Edit: Decided to plum for Evil Within 2. I can afford both, but I'm going to wait for KCD to mature. TEW2 is amazing compared to the first game, it kinda has a Last Of Us vibe to the way it plays. 

Hughesy said:
Anyone here got Kingdom Come Deliverance? I was just going to get it on PS4 Pro because PC specs are so high, but I’m pretty sure it also performs bad on consoles.

Damn this is a hard choice, Kingdom Come of The Evil Within 2. I'm swaying towards the later as I'm enjoying the demo and nearly at the end, but I've been waiting for a game like Kingdom Come Deliverance for so long.

Edit: Decided to plum for Evil Within 2. I can afford both, but I'm going to wait for KCD to mature. TEW2 is amazing compared to the first game, it kinda has a Last Of Us vibe to the way it plays. 
I've heard of it as it's been mentioned a lot on the BSN but don' t see myself getting it though. I like a little bit of fantasy mixed in with my medieval stories so I'm not really sure it's for me.

Whilst drunk last night I bought Kingdom Come Deliverance, probably the best drunk purchase ever. Once I remembered I bought it when I woke up, I was like oh no why did I do that. But now I’m playing it I love it, I read it was badly optimised, but playing it with everything set to high (there’s very high and ultra above it) it stays at 60fps mostly. It’s one of the best looking games I’ve ever played, and I love the realistic setting rather than fantasy that most RPG’s go for.

It's a proper role play game. Instead of playing a hero, you play as a nobody which is quite refreshing. Some of the realistic touches are cool, like when you get in a fight, if your clothes get blood on them you have to wash them to get the blood off.

I'm definitely getting KCD at some point,i remember reading about it a couple of years ago and loving the idea.
It's like the perfect game for me haha.. The only thing i don't really like about games like Skyrim & The Witcher 3 is the magic/fantasy elements.

I needed some money to buy clothes, so I went and killed some bandits. I was then thirsty so went to the pub and got drunk and played some dice and won. I then got on my horse and road home and went to sleep. I woke up the next day, turned on my PC and started playing Kingdom Come Deliverance.

In all seriousness the game is awesome. The only thing that isn't is lockpicking, its impossible to pick one using a controller, I have to switch to mouse and keyboard and even then its nearly impossible, even easy locks. I've read they are looking into it, so hopefully that will improve. I was going to get it for PS4, but was too lazy to drive to a shop and the PSN price was insane. In the end im happy though, as it runs well on my PC. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/485510/

I recently bought "Nioh: Complete Edition" discounted on a Steam sale and I'm enjoying it so far. It's not the type of game I typically play, but I've been in the mood for a single-player action-adventure game with lots of satisfying combat. Nioh gets compared to Dark Souls a lot, and it apparently mimics a lot of Darks Souls' game-play mechanics. I've never played any Dark Souls games, so this is quite a challenge for me. It's tough, but it doesn't seem overly punishing... yet. ;)

Currently playing Rime got it for free on PSN and the game is actually good, it has cartoony graphics but the gameplay is great and the devs have some good imagination.

I'm obviously the opposite to you 2 then as I prefer the fantasy elements. Which is why I've chosen to give it a miss.

@couger1981 It's not a bad game if you just want a relaxing game to play. I like the art style as it reminds me of Zelda Wind Waker.

@RevolvingPrawn Hype! Also it’s going to use UE4 so it’s going to look amazing and have great physics like the original game.

https://youtu.be/XDwvKqlVo1Y

Played Fortnite for the first time, I suck, but for the few seconds I last I enjoy it lol.

Edit: Managed a top ten and got two kills, progress :joy:

Edit 2: Placed 4th and the person that killed me won the game :D It's so addictive, its free and yet has no pay to win stuff.

Edit 3: Thought id Just edit this post rather than make a new one, as I’m the only one posting here.
Was pissed at myself in my last Fortnight game. I had all the loot, the best guns, had 4 kills which was good for me. It was down to the last 8, but I got too cocky. A guy had built a massive tower and had a sniper, I also had a sniper but also a rocket launcher. I was so focused on blowing him up that I didn’t see someone sneak up behind me. I genuinely believe I could have won my first match if I didn’t get so cocky :s

@Lukedfrt We (and anyone else) need to team up sometime soon to play it. It's so addictive, but when you come second because you can't build super fast it's frustrating, should have had my first win already.

I'm silly, even though I have Borderlands 2 and the Pre-sequel on PC, I bought the Handsome collection on PS4 as it was £9 on PSN. At least I have all the DLC, non of which I had on PC. Right now I just prefer gaming on the Pro.

@Hughesy After a few week i finally gave Horizon zero dawn another go, i'm now manually upload my save to the cloud when i finish playing lol.