The Game Thread!

Lol, as rage inducing as it must have been to lose the save, its definitely a game you need to keep playing. They also have the big expansion on sale at the moment, I'm yet to play that as I haven't completed the main game. I've pretty much filled my Pro storage up already with games, which is insane haha.

Hughesy said:
Lol, as rage inducing as it must have been to lose the save, its definitely a game you need to keep playing. They also have the big expansion on sale at the moment, I'm yet to play that as I haven't completed the main game. I've pretty much filled my Pro storage up already with games, which is insane haha.
yeah a lot of good RPG's are though you have to keep playing them to  fully appreciate them. It's one of the main reasons why I like Bioware's games as much as I do because those games in particular encourage this. I don't have HZD but that's more because I don't have a PS4 but I have heard a lot of good things about it.

Hughesy said:
I'm silly, even though I have Borderlands 2 and the Pre-sequel on PC, I bought the Handsome collection on PS4 as it was £9 on PSN. At least I have all the DLC, non of which I had on PC. Right now I just prefer gaming on the Pro.

Yeah I recently got the Borderlands series on the Humble Bundle things quite cheap for PC. Haven't got round to playing them yet though

I bet you did it by hiding in the shadows until the end didn't you :smiley: Awesome though mate, hopefully we can team up sometime soon.

Ive had a few squad wins, we like coming in from behind when the storm comes in to catch out stragglers lol

Making most of my time I need to limit myself to two games:
- I play Codemasters F1 for F1 racing and
- Fantasy F1 Online Manager for F1 management :)

Hughesy said:
I bet you did it by hiding in the shadows until the end didn't you :smiley: Awesome though mate, hopefully we can team up sometime soon.
Yeah, I was on the edge of the storm for most of it haha.. ended up with 6 kills though!

Definitely, i'm off next week so i'll be on a lot more :lol:

Awesome. I had a quick go earlier and got 5 kills, but only came 20th, I dropped hot into tilted towers and just went on a rampage, just wanted to get my kill count up.
Hopefully I’ll  be on next week, got a lot on at the moment with my Mum in hospital which means I have to look after my dad who has dementia, fun times.

Bloody hell I'm always away from uni when F1 sessions are arranged. Would love to join but at the gf's for the weekend

Just bought Skyrim remaster on PS4, so now I have the PC original, the Switch and PS4 lol, even though Far Cry 5 could turn up tomorrow. I'm at the stage where I'm having to delete games and my Pro is full, it needs a bigger drive.

Wow wow wow Far Cry 5s graphics are amazing. Annoyingly I've had it confirmed that on PC it also supports HDR (why didn't Ubisoft say that before it was released,) but I'm happy enough with the PS4 Pro version. There was meant to be a graphics option to chose between graphics or resolution, but that doesn't seem to be in the final game. Already I think this is my favourite Far Cry setting, it looks incredible.

The only negative is the character customisation doesn't let me have a beard, in a game where everyone has a beard lol. I'm going to have a lot of fun playing this though.

I remember Far Cry 4 looking amazing when it came out on PS4.. It felt like the proper first next gen game i played

Difference is Far Cry 4 was designed around last gen tech, so limitations were made. Whereas FC5 doesn't have those limitations, it's one of the most detailed games I've ever seen. It's not quite 4k on the Pro, something like 1600p, but it looks great.

I might go all in in console gaming soon, as I might buy a Xbox One X, but I've not made my mind up yet. One benefit is I'll then have a UHD Blu-ray player, which is something I want and they are a few hundred pounds alone. I've kinda fallen out of love with PC gaming, what with GPU prices skyrocketing and also the games themselves going up because of popularity.

Hughesy said:
Difference is Far Cry 4 was designed around last gen tech, so limitations were made. Whereas FC5 doesn't have those limitations, it's one of the most detailed games I've ever seen. It's not quite 4k on the Pro, something like 1600p, but it looks great.

I might go all in in console gaming soon, as I might buy a Xbox One X, but I've not made my mind up yet. One benefit is I'll then have a UHD Blu-ray player, which is something I want and they are a few hundred pounds alone. I've kinda fallen out of love with PC gaming, what with GPU prices skyrocketing and also the games themselves going up because of popularity.

I probably would if I could handle the controllers well but my disability makes that hard so that's the main reason why I do most of my gaming on PC. TBH beyond playing FIFA I can't play many games well on console at all. I know what you mean though.

Oh just great, GT Sport releases a big content update, added support for Fanatec wheels and in the process broke Thrustmaster wheel support, guess I won't be playing it for a while then...

Hughesy said:
Oh just great, GT Sport releases a big content update, added support for Fanatec wheels and in the process broke Thrustmaster wheel support, guess I won't be playing it for a while then...
I havent been on it since i bought the Pro, ive been trying to get 100% completion on HZD.

I play it most days to do the daily mileage to get a free car. I have loads  to do yet in HZD, and also have the Frozen Wilds expansion to play yet.

Just bought Doom for Nintendo Switch, it will be quite the comedown compared to the PC version, but with the ability to play it anywhere is cool. Ok so in handheld mode it looks amazing, honestly it's impressive how good it looks. But in docked mode it looks blurry, but if I want Doom looking great on my TV I'll play it on PC, but to be able to play Doom where ever I go is cool.

I'm still waiting for the Switch haha, i'll almost certainly pick it up at some point, but they need some new titles for me.. I already have a Wii U :lol:

Dude you can’t keep using that excuse, there’s loads of games :p 
Even though I’ve had it a year it still impresses me what this tiny hybrid is capable of. It would be cool is devs like Ubisoft released games like Far Cry in it, yeah the graphics would suck compared to the other versions, but it’s more powerful than last gen consoles so it would still look decent.

Hughesy said:
Dude you can’t keep using that excuse, there’s loads of games :p 
Even though I’ve had it a year it still impresses me what this tiny hybrid is capable of. It would be cool is devs like Ubisoft released games like Far Cry in it, yeah the graphics would suck compared to the other versions, but it’s more powerful than last gen consoles so it would still look decent.
Haha, i can get almost every Switch game on my PS4 or Wii U though.. The only game i can think of that i want atm is Mario Odyssey :lol:

Rubbish versions on Wii U though, and you can't take them with you wherever you go. You won't get any new Wii U games, I could have done the same as you as I have a Wii U, but the Switch is just a big upgrade and everything the Wii U should have been ;)
Missing Mario Odyssey, which is possibly the best Nintendo game ever is just silly, that one game would make it worth it imo :p