The Game Thread!

Looks good dude :)

Anybody else seen the gameplay trailer for Rage 2 today? I liked the first one, and the sequel is looking like Doom + Mad Max so it's definitely on my radar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H_Fsyje2nA&t=3s

Hughesy said:
I loved RAGE, the new one does look good so hopefully it is.
It was one of those games that never got the attention it really deserved I think. I'm hoping they absolutely smash it with the new one :)

There was this one bit in the first game where you were standing on like the balcony bits of a smashed up apartment building firing rockets at this giant monster that was smashing the building trying to kill you. I've always remembered that part and how awesome it was :)

I very much enjoyed my play-through of Bethesda's & id's first Rage game on my Xbox 360. If I recall correctly though, the game wasn't much of a commercial success, so I'm pleasantly surprised to see a sequel coming. I hope it's at least as awesome as Doom's 2016 comeback.

Sounds like PES  may be on it's last legs now. As it sounds like EA have got the Champions league and Europa League rights back for Fifa 19. It looks to me that that was the only thing keeping PES afloat so I suspect they may struggle now especially as FIFA already had an impressive lead on them this gen

PES still wipes the floor with Fifa based on gameplay imo.. But the lack of licences, just kills it :disappointed: 

Lukedfrt said:
PES still wipes the floor with Fifa based on gameplay imo.. But the lack of licences, just kills it :disappointed: 
Yeah and now it' s lost the UEFA licensing. It's not confirmed yet but there are rumours going round that EA have resecured it. At least it' s a rumour going round from Fifa youtubers like MGH based on something the dutch commentator said that EA uses for the game and that he recorded extra lines for this for FIFA 19. I don't mind PES but the way it has been going and the improvements Fifa have made in recent years with extra game modes like the Journey and all and the switch to Frostbite this is going to be a real kick in the teeth for Konami if it's true. But given how they've treated the PC version of the game I'm not too sorry though because at least EA have tried using the same engine across the board and kept things up to date.

PES died in 2006 for me. It just feels old and clunky to me, lack of licenses doesn't bother me, but the gameplay isn't for me.

Hughesy said:
PES died in 2006 for me. It just feels old and clunky to me, lack of licenses doesn't bother me, but the gameplay isn't for me.
Yeah I don't tend to play PES much either but I think the loss of UEFA's licensing could just be the final nail in it's coffin.

Picked up Prey cheap for the PS4, so far its a good game as i like Sci-fi thriller type games.

I am currently working through Arkham Knight (on PS4). Picked it up cheap a while ago, so thought I would play through it before taking the advice on the previous page and picking up GT Sport!

Really enjoying it so far, seems a worthy sequel to Arkham Asylum & Arkham City (both of which I thought were excellent games)

tbtstt said:
I am currently working through Arkham Knight (on PS4). Picked it up cheap a while ago, so thought I would play through it before taking the advice on the previous page and picking up GT Sport!

Really enjoying it so far, seems a worthy sequel to Arkham Asylum & Arkham City (both of which I thought were excellent games)

I played through Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, & Arkham Knight (twice), and enjoyed them all. Arkham Knight was my favorite.

Operator1 said:

tbtstt said:

I played through Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, & Arkham Knight (twice), and enjoyed them all. Arkham Knight was my favorite.

I am about 25% in and Arkham Knight already seems a much bigger game than Arkham City. 

So I just installed Forza Horizon 1 on my Xbox One X, the disc was still in my 360 as it was the last game I played on it, so the disc was in it for years haha. It plays at 4K on the Xbox X and looks pretty stunning. It just shows that they were able to do amazing things with those old weak consoles

tbtstt said:

yeah I picked up Arkham Knight cheap as well for my birthday as I got it for £5 on Steam as I decided to treat myself to the Batman Arkham series for my birthday I had played Arkham Asylum but I never beat it though as I found the combat a little tricky but I have been rethinking that maybe I just need a different strategy but I managed to get the whole lot for about £50 altogether with all the DLC's as well  so not a bad deal really.

I got the Arkham trilogy (not Origins) cheap on the PS Store a while ago, they're a great set of games but Knight is by far the best one.

fIsince08 said:
I got the Arkham trilogy (not Origins) cheap on the PS Store a while ago, they're a great set of games but Knight is by far the best one.
I got Origins as well ; as I decided to get the whole lot but I got Origins and City for £15 each. So I think I managed to get quite the bargain there considering how popular the Arkham series is. But this is all on Steam though so will be playing them on PC

Thought I'd give PES 18 a proper shot as its available on Xbox game pass. I am actually enjoying it, I still prefer Fifa but that's a preference thing. Still the career mode and menus are still terrible IMO. I'm not fussed about licenses, but give us the whole football league with unofficial names. The actual football is pretty good, plus Konami only have a skeleton crew working on the series these days.
The worst thing in this game is the commentary, it's atrocious.

Hughesy said:
Thought I'd give PES 18 a proper shot as its available on Xbox game pass. I am actually enjoying it, I still prefer Fifa but that's a preference thing. Still the career mode and menus are still terrible IMO. I'm not fussed about licenses, but give us the whole football league with unofficial names. The actual football is pretty good, plus Konami only have a skeleton crew working on the series these days.
The worst thing in this game is the commentary, it's atrocious.
If that's true it sounds like even they've given up on PES so it won't be long before Fifa carries all of it.

Has anyone played the original NFS Most Wanted. Its such a good game and I wish more arcade racers would come out like this game. So many good memories.

It was the first game I played in HD on 360. Enjoyed it at the time, I don't know why EA moved away from that formula. Forza Horizon 1,2 and 3 have taken over, but there's no police chases.

No one has done police chases like the mid to late 2000s like NFS did. You felt the adrenaline of 40 cops chasing you through the county desperately doing anything to bust you. You felt like you had a lot to loose and after a big pursuit you just wanted to sit in hiding for a while. I sometimes miss those days with really well built games. 

It was even better whilst (I can't say on here) but it was definitely a "high" time for NFS. Man I wish I could go back to my teenage years when life was simpler and my body wasn't broken.

Has anyone played the original NFS Most Wanted. Its such a good game and I wish more arcade racers would come out like this game. So many good memories.

Not Most wanted no. I have got Carbon somewhere and the Shift series. I've also got the On the run game which was the first of the Frostbite ones but that's about it.

Hughesy said:
It was even better whilst (I can't say on here) but it was definitely a "high" time for NFS. Man I wish I could go back to my teenage years when life was simpler and my body wasn't broken.

Join the club I feel the same way sometimes.