Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Has anyone played the original NFS Most Wanted. Its such a good game and I wish more arcade racers would come out like this game. So many good memories.
Yeah, that was around the time that I lost interest in the series. Underground and Underground 2 were good fun, Most Wanted was the last one of the early games that I put a lot of time into. 

The only other NFS game I have bought since then was the "second" Most Wanted: that's actually one of my fave arcade driving games, as it's a great blend of NFS and Burnout. I know a lot of the NFS purists didn't like it though.

Must asy I like the look of the new Tennis game Tennis world tour. Sounds like it could be an interesting game considering it's made by a team on a small budget

tbtstt said:
Has anyone played the original NFS Most Wanted. Its such a good game and I wish more arcade racers would come out like this game. So many good memories.
Yeah, that was around the time that I lost interest in the series. Underground and Underground 2 were good fun, Most Wanted was the last one of the early games that I put a lot of time into. 

The only other NFS game I have bought since then was the "second" Most Wanted: that's actually one of my fave arcade driving games, as it's a great blend of NFS and Burnout. I know a lot of the NFS purists didn't like it though.
Was Most Wanted the game where it was based of the Tokyo Drift movie where you had to work your way up to challenge the drift king?

tbtstt said:

Was Most Wanted the game where it was based of the Tokyo Drift movie where you had to work your way up to challenge the drift king?
It wasn’t based off Tokyo Drift. The game didn’t focus on drifting. You had to fight your way up the blacklist to challenge number 1.

tbtstt said:

It wasn’t based off Tokyo Drift. The game didn’t focus on drifting. You had to fight your way up the blacklist to challenge number 1.
Might have been Carbon i was thinking of.

After playing Fallout 4 free all weekend on Xbox One X I decided to buy it even though I have it on PC. It's one game that really benefits from 4K, it just brings the world alive. Some games it hasn't made a impact on me (going from 1440p on PC) but this game it has.

Must asy I like the look of the new Tennis game Tennis world tour. Sounds like it could be an interesting game considering it's made by a team on a small budget
It looks a bit dodgy from the small amount of footage I've seen.. But i would love a proper good tennis game to come out, Virtua Tennis was the best!

I love what people are able to do with Nintendo Labo. This song brings back so many memories.
For people that don't get how the keyboard works, at the back is a joycon controller which has a IR blaster, when a key is pressed it exposes a reflective sticker which then translates the note to the Switch. People laugh because it's cardboard, but it's so clever how it works, for kids it's amazing.
https://twitter.com/bellhenge/status/995558236362166273?s=19

Lukedfrt said:
It looks a bit dodgy from the small amount of footage I've seen.. But i would love a proper good tennis game to come out, Virtua Tennis was the best!
yeah it's not perfect but there's not really any good ones at the moment and the game is being made by the former topspin guys so if anyone can make a good tennis game you'd think it would be them.

My most anticipated game at the moment is probably the latest Ace Combat game. Been playing the series since PlayStation 1 and I can't wait to see what the game looks like on PS4: the development seems to have dragged on forever though and the complete silence since they delayed the release from 2017 to 2018 makes me wonder if we will actually see it this year. 

tbtstt said:
My most anticipated game at the moment is probably the latest Ace Combat game. Been playing the series since PlayStation 1 and I can't wait to see what the game looks like on PS4: the development seems to have dragged on forever though and the complete silence since they delayed the release from 2017 to 2018 makes me wonder if we will actually see it this year. 

My most is probably the new Tomb Raider that's out in September. I enjoyed both  2013 and Rise and am looking forward to seeing what's in store for part 3 Shadow of the Tomb Raider. From what I've heard so far it sounds pretty awesome. Tbh other than that there's not much coming out that has my attention or at least in terms of games I think I'll enjoy. Other than perhaps the usual yearly offerings like Fifa and F1. Although I'm not completely convinced by F1 2018  will be worth the money atm given how good 2017 is so I may end up waiting til  it's on Sale or something assuming I get it at all. As lately I've been having to pay more towards the bills and things so I'm having to make cutbacks in other areas such as getting new games to compensate.

Going to be playing a game online with my bro for the first time since his marriage fell apart, albeit only State Of Decay 2. Both of us will be playing it for free as we both have game pass trials haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb1MR85XFOc&t=0s

Well, it was nice knowing you Battlefield, but I ain't digging your new style.
Yuck, what an overloaded mess.

Well, it was nice knowing you Battlefield, but I ain't digging your new style.
Yuck, what an overloaded mess.

LOL yeah, lots of fans seem quite unhappy about it so far, and this reveal trailer already has a lot of dislikes.

Yes, EA needs to be taught a lesson. I mean come on! There are fricken loot boxes in Need For Speed. That is unacceptable.

Just gave that trailer a click thinking it can't be that bad...

...damn, what the hell was that about? Ridiculously over the top, it looks like every battle of WW2 is taking place within the space of 5 minutes. 

Well at least they aren't jumping on the BR bandwagon, yet...... I'd much rather play this than COD. It's a reveal trailer, it's meant to be over the top.
But as its EA it will indeed be ruined by loot boxes.

Hughesy said:
Well at least they aren't jumping on the BR bandwagon, yet...... I'd much rather play this than COD. It's a reveal trailer, it's meant to be over the top.
I went off the boil on the CoD games a few years ago, must admit I have been tempted to have a look at WW2 though. 

For me the pick of all the recent FPS is still Titanfall 2, shame that so many people seemed to overlook it. 

I never actually played the 2nd one for some reason. I loved the first game though as it was trying something different in the fps genre. EA screwed them through because of other big games being released at the same time. 
One good thing with BF5 is all DLC maps will be free, bad news is there will be microtransactions. I don't mind cosmetic stuff so much, but if you can buy game changing weapons then it'll ruin it. As it's EA I'm betting it's the latter.

Hughesy said:
I never actually played the 2nd one for some reason. I loved the first game though as it was trying something different in the fps genre. EA screwed them through because of other big games being released at the same time. 
Yeah, most of the reviews for TF2 were very positive but, as you say, the other release at the time eclipsed it.

I'm not on X-Box, but I played the first game numerous times at a mates house. I'm not that into online gaming, but I thought it was superb: I was really pleased when they announced that the sequel would be on PS4 and that it would include a single player campaign.

I think the approach they have taken to DLC with TF2 deserves applause as well. They have added loads of new content - including several of the maps from the first game - so TF2 now has most of the content from TF1 in it: and they have done all that for free! 

Here's a +1 for Titanfall 2. I'm not the biggest fan of multiplayer, but it's actually pretty well balanced and enjoyable on TF2. And the single player campaign is excellent, despite being a bit short.

Hughesy said:
Yeah I generally prefer Battlefield over COD as well.

Here's a +1 for Titanfall 2. I'm not the biggest fan of multiplayer, but it's actually pretty well balanced and enjoyable on TF2. And the single player campaign is excellent, despite being a bit short.
Yeah I quiet enjoyed Titanfall 2's SP as well.

Looks like @RevolvingPrawn and I won't be playing any games that use Xbox Live. He had a problem with Forza a while back on his end, but thought it was just that game. Nope it's all games that use it, we tried for over an hour to play State Of Decay 2 together, but he has this thing saying Teredo Is blocked or something.
He literally went through every step and nothing worked. The only thing he hasn't tried is completely turning off the router, but I doubt that will work, so we have up.
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat