Sign in to follow this  

The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
Sad that TotalBiscuit has died, always enjoyed his videos.
https://twitter.com/GennaBain/status/999890634532995072

And of course, he went out the way you'd expect from an industry legend like him. I have to admit, this one hurts. I'm going to miss him.

Anyone played Sid Meier's Beyond Earth or Anno 2070 Deep ocean? picked them up from the cheap pile for a couple dollars each.

Oh boy, I've watched some Detroit. Become Human streams and the writing sure is exactly as I feared. Pretty on the nose, cliche, and corny as fuck.

Bloody shame I tell you, I was expecting something more akin to Blade Runner, but then again, David Cage never was the best writer.

But in Cage's mind he's the best writer in the world, the way he rages at reviews that give his game a low score is hilarious. It's the sort of game that I'll either wait until it's dirt  cheap, or it's released on PS Plus.

Had fun racing @RevolvingPrawn in Pcars2 last night, and for the first time I used a controller. Now the default controller settings are shocking, but with his settings the game became drivable. I'm still a way off my wheel pace, but it was at least enjoyable.

Must admit the new world cup mode on Fifa 18 looks good played it last night. Got knocked out in the second round by Colombia on penalties which was kind of realistic given I was playing as England and we can't take penalties to save our lives :p The new graphics look really nice though. It's just a shame that you can't randomise the groups or anything to create a different kind of draw or anything. You have to manually change it yourself I think.

Hughesy said:
But in Cage's mind he's the best writer in the world, the way he rages at reviews that give his game a low score is hilarious. It's the sort of game that I'll either wait until it's dirt  cheap, or it's released on PS Plus.

Had fun racing @RevolvingPrawn in Pcars2 last night, and for the first time I used a controller. Now the default controller settings are shocking, but with his settings the game became drivable. I'm still a way off my wheel pace, but it was at least enjoyable.
Are you guys playing on the Xbox or PS4?

Actually last night found out how to randomise the groups on the WC mode you have to set it up  as a custom tournament and do it that way. So you can randomise them but you have to go the long way round to do it. Still cool though and I must admit I like the stadiums. It's sad that they don't have the qualifying rounds and all that though. But understandable considering it's free and adding that would mean more work.

Hughesy said:
Neither, on PC. ;)         

Nice i might buy it and join you guys.

Also i got a message on my computer yesterday to see if my PC can run Oculus rift and it meets or exceeds the recommended requirements :) but it will cost me about $700-800 to buy the VR unit lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLGaVdLis0E                                                                                          

Anyone used G2A, Is the site legit?      
Don't use them. I bought a Windows key from them, paid for so called insurance so that if it didn't work I'd get my money back. The key had already been used, they flat out refused to give me a refund, so I had to charge back using PayPal.

As for VR, I almost bought one rather than the Xbox One X, but ultimately didn't think it was worth it. I'd really only use it in Pcars2, so I couldn't justify it 

Hughesy said:
Anyone used G2A, Is the site legit?      
Don't use them. I bought a Windows key from them, paid for so called insurance so that if it didn't work I'd get my money back. The key had already been used, they flat out refused to give me a refund, so I had to charge back using PayPal.

As for VR, I almost bought one rather than the Xbox One X, but ultimately didn't think it was worth it. I'd really only use it in Pcars2, so I couldn't justify it 
Thanks, a mate said he uses cdkeys.com so i guess that is buyer beware too.

I've used cdkeys.com a lot and never had a problem with them. They aren't a random key reseller like G2A, they are similar to greenmangaming

First game of PUBG on Xbox and I came second with 3 kills, all down hill from here. It seems to run well on the Xbox X at least.
On a separate not the EU servers are rubbish as its hard to find a game, NA is fine though 

I just played Driveclub the other day after a while and man, I forgot how fun that game is! Its so well done and polished. Its so refreshing to visit a game that is complete and smooth. No stupid premium currency and no dumb random loot boxes that plague all modern games. Just really awesome cars, sweet tracks and adrenaline filled racing. More people should learn from this game because it shows how to support a game over its life span.

I played it a while back and thought the opposite, I loved it when I first played it, then when I went back not so much. They could have done well though if The finished product was like it from the start, as it was a mess which is why it didn't do well.

Changed my mind on which game I think is better between Fortnite and PUBG. For me it's PUBG, just because I'm great at shooting but suck at building, Fortnite is all about building rather than being a good shot.
I love that PUBG has realistic bullet drop, so you can't just aim at someone from afar and expect to hit them. It's a shame that the Xbox version isn't on the same update as PC though. I'm just happy to be playing it, as I couldn't play it on PC as I use a controller and just get my add whipped by mouse users.

At least they confirmed that Fifa 19 will have the Champions league in it and it'll be with all the official stuff a standalone game mode also playable in career mode should you qualify with your team. Also in the Journey story mode for season 3 Alex Hunter will be attempting to win it. Much like when hehad to win the Permier league an FA cup in season 1 and the MLS in Season 2. Must admit now they have UEFA in it's pocket FIFA is going to just blow PES right out of the water. Konam imay as well give up given the last few PES' s haven't been up to scratch as far as I'm concerned

People that camp in PUBG really piss me off. Like why shut yourself in a room facing the door just so you can get a kill? How is that fun, play the game, you will never win playing like that.
On a happy note one time when it happened I had the quickest reactions ever and blew someone's head of with a shotgun, that was so satisfying.

I see Battlefield is jumping on the BR bandwagon. Unlike COD it's more of a natural fit, large maps and lots of players already. With the destruction that could really add something to it.

Hughesy said:
People that camp in PUBG really **** me off. Like why shut yourself in a room facing the door just so you can get a kill? How is that fun, play the game, you will never win playing like that.
On a happy note one time when it happened I had the quickest reactions ever and blew someone's head of with a shotgun, that was so satisfying.

I see Battlefield is jumping on the BR bandwagon. Unlike COD it's more of a natural fit, large maps and lots of players already. With the destruction that could really add something to it.

Yeah that's one nice thin about Frostbite in that it does destructability very well.

Wow wow wow, Forza Horizon 4 is set in Britain and looks amazing! Not just that, it's a Game Pass game so I won't have to pay for it, result. Also the Xbox X version has a 60fps mode, I'm fine with 30 in semi arcade racers, but it's nice to have options.

CPR also showed Cyberpunk for the first time, it's probably the game I'm most looking forward to playing.
It was actually a rather good Xbox E3 with lots of good games shown.

Hughesy said:
Wow wow wow, Forza Horizon 4 is set in Britain and looks amazing! Not just that, it's a Game Pass game so I won't have to pay for it, result. Also the Xbox X version has a 60fps mode, I'm fine with 30 in semi arcade racers, but it's nice to have options.

CPR also showed Cyberpunk for the first time, it's probably the game I'm most looking forward to playing.
It was actually a rather good Xbox E3 with lots of good games shown.
Yeah Cyberpunk and Tomb Raider are looking good but other than that I'm not seeing much that's grabbed my attention yet. Maybe I'm just getting cynical as I'm getting older

Some games i'm looking forward to getting.

Fallout 76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

Metro Exodus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbbqlvuovQ0

Dying light 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98oJYDRblLI

Doom Eternal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oVwrpfo_QA

All of them except Fallout 76 for me, no interest in playing a game that takes the worst element of FO4 and makes a game out of it, building.

Saying that though I had no interest in Sea Of Thieves, but tonight I gave it a proper go and played for 3 hours, it's a lot more fun that I thought it would be. Especially as a single crew pirate, which means I have to do everything myself. Something funny happened, I ran into another lone player on a island, instead of killing each other this person asked for help as he couldn't work out where the treasure was on the island from his map, so he showed it to me and I found it. Now I could have been an arse and killed the player and stole the treasure, but I gave it to him and went on my way, not sure many players will be that nice lol.

So yeah maybe Fallout will surprise me. But TES is what I'm looking forward to, but that's years away, the other RPG Starfield set in space looks cool as well.