The Game Thread!

Main games i'm hyped for after Sony's E3 are.. Last Of Us 2, Ghost Of Tshushima, Spiderman, Resident Evil 2 remake and Devil May Cry 5!

I thought it was a really good E3, considering i wan't expecting much. 

For me the ones I'm most excited for are Tomb Raider Cyberpunk and the new Assassins Creed Odyssey looks quite good too.

Just played Fortnite on Switch which just came out, came 2nd with 9 kills :D

I'm also really getting into Sea Of Thieves. So I was sailing to a island in my small 2 player boat on my own, then I noticed a big 4 player Galleon. They gave chase but my boat is faster and more nimble so they couldn't get close. Then a massive storm brewed up, they are dangerous as not only is it hard to sail, but you can get struck by lighting. But for me it was great as there's 0 visabilty so I lost then and got my treasure.

The graphics in this game are amazing, especially the water, never seen such realistic water in any game before. It would be a lot more fun with a friend, but I'm coping well enough on my own, just wish I could get into some ship battles, but on my own I will get destroyed.
I did just have a random 4 man team come up to me, I assumed to kill me, but then a voice came over the mic asking me if I wanted to go hunt the megalodon. I didn't have my mic plugged in so I couldn't respond, so I quick the server, they probably thought I was a right a hole lol, but that's like end game content and I've only just started.

Does anyone recommend Fallout 4 for pc, iv'e already beating it on PS4 and thinking about gettting for pc?

Only for mods. You have a PS4 Pro, the graphics aren't really much better on PC. I bought it for my Xbox One X even though I had it on PC.

Hughesy said:
Only for mods. You have a PS4 Pro, the graphics aren't really much better on PC. I bought it for my Xbox One X even though I had it on PC.
Yeah thats the reason i want it for.

So EA just announced a mobile Command & Conquer instead of a proper one on PC.

**** wankers.
Command & Conquer is, sadly, a shadow of it's former self. It was king in the 90's, I still remember how excited I was when Red Alert came out, has fallen from great heights since then though...

I have high hopes for Last Of Us 2, the first game far exceeded my expectations. I must confess I hadn't heard of Ghost Of Tshushima until I saw it featured in the E3 coverage. Looks great, the stealth segment reminded me of Tenchu, which has to be a good thing. 

Rather pleased to see a few more tiny snippets of information relating to Ace Combat 7 in the E3 press releases, still no release date though!

Finally got round to finishing Arkham Knight last week. I have a couple of the VR challenges to wrap up, but otherwise it's all done. Would have finished it sooner, but I downloaded Trials as a PSN freebie and I have been playing that quite a bit. Simple (often frustrating!) game, but good fun. 

With the distraction of the PSN freebies, I still haven't got round to picking up GT Sport yet, however I saw that Circuit de la Sarthe was added to it last week so I need to ignore all other games and buy it as soon as possible now! 

Steam Summer Sale 2018 is on now until July 5 - deep discounts on lots of PC games & DLC. :)

Here's what I've picked up so far:

Move or Die (67% off)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/323850/

FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage (80% off)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/12360/

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (75% off)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (50% off)

mannypx said:
Anybody here enjoying MMOs like WoW, EVE, RuneScape, Albion? I love all MMORPG. I am MMORPG geek.
I play single player RPG's but not MMO's I've tried a few free ones on occasion but no there not really for me.

Really considering getting a VR headset soon, wish Xbox One X had it. But as it doesn't it would either be PSVR or Rift, not getting Vive as the price is ludicrous. Really only want it for racing sims, I'd love to play GT Sport in VR, but also Pcars2. I don't use my PC much now, but it's a better platform for VR, just wish Codemasters would stop being lazy and have VR support for F1, that would finally push me to buy a headset.

Just bought Hollow Knight for Nintendo Switch. Quality 2d platforms that is pretty much open world. Apparently it takes over 20 hours to complete, which for this type of game is quality, only paid £9 as well.

I know this is a hat-trick of posts, but hay ho I'm the only one talking about games.

Last night in a random online race on Forza 7 I did this. So it's at Sebring in heavy rain in a 1000bhp car. For lap after lap I tried to go around the outside of this guy as for that corner I could carry more speed, but each time he ran me out of road. So it's the last lap and final corner and I tried to go down the inside, quickly realised I want going to make it hence the squirming under braking as I changed direction. I locked my brake slightly which made me go wide, so again I went around the outside and I don't think I've ever carried that much speed in that corner in the rain and make it, but I did only missing the wall by mm and won the race.

Had to post it as a tweet, as I'm not uploading a 30 second video to You tube.
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1013193345852723202?s=19

Downloaded Black Ops 3 over the weekend (it was free on PSN) and blasted through the campaign. Simple fun, but the ending is trippy as fuck! 

Only a few hours left in the 2018 Steam Summer Sale. Anybody got any last-minute recommendations?

Must say after watching the World Cup EA did a magnificent job in how good and realistic the stadiums look in Fifa 18's World Cup mode. Must admit I'm looking forward to playing in Tottenham's new ground in Fifa 19 because as nice as Wembley looks and is nice to play in it's not really our ground.

Actually bought the battle pass for Fortnite, never thought I would but here we are. I love the extra challenges you get, plus you unlock v bucks to buy it again for free 

Hughesy said:
Actually bought the battle pass for Fortnite, never thought I would but here we are. I love the extra challenges you get, plus you unlock v bucks to buy it again for free 
For the money, you get absolutely loads from the Battle Pass! We should get a group of us on it soon, season 5 is looking good :smiley:

It's much better value than just buying skins.
Not sure if I'll be able to team, because Sony held my account hostage, so I moved to only playing on Switch and Xbox, Sony are so stupid, I've seen a lot do the same so Sony in the end lose money.
But I would download it again  on PS4 if a group waned to team up.