The Game Thread!

I can't explain why (I don't understand it myself), but I am somehow finding Need For Speed: Payback to be addictively fun. I don't even particularly like the casual open-world driving/street-racing genre, but something about Need For Speed: Payback pulled me in, more than the Forza Horizon games or Burnout Paradise or The Crew games. I've never been a fan of the Need For Speed series, so I wouldn't know (or much care) if Need For Speed: Payback is "true to its roots" or not, but as a stand-alone single-player game regardless of its predecessors, I've just been having a really good time playing it. :)

Well isn't this great, one of the Fortnite challenges includes vehicles, they have just disabled them, how am I meant to complete all the weekly challenges now. I swear if they don't enable them soon or don't mark it as complete for all I'll go nuts, as you need to complete all 7 weeks of challenges to unlock everything. Only got this and sniper damage left to complete, so I hope it's sorted soon.

I've had PUBG for quite a while, but I never have as much fun in it compared to Fortnite.
Then PUBG tried to do a pass like Fortnite, but worse in every way, shorter time, no gear to keep, so it's poor value for money.

Wow GT Sport has turned into a micro transaction game. It always seemed primed to as the cars cost so much and the payouts are dreadful. Totally put me off playing it, but I need to unlock the 2017 Mercedes F1 car which is 2 million. At a time when companies are starting to notice micro transactions are wrong in full priced games, Sony have the nerve to introduce them. Sony are so tone death, first they don't allow cross play, lock people's 3rd party account to their console and now this.

It's weird how this gen has swapped around, Microsoft are doing everything right, have a great gamspass which even includes all new 1st party games at launch, whilst Sony go in the wrong direction. Not4ThePlayers
Rant/

@Lukedfrt Just paid really money for a skin, it's the highlighted one as it just looks so damn good. Never dreamed id do that, but only for very special ones, didn't get the glider or axe though, too much

Hughesy said:
Wow GT Sport has turned into a micro transaction game. It always seemed primed to as the cars cost so much and the payouts are dreadful. Totally put me off playing it, but I need to unlock the 2017 Mercedes F1 car which is 2 million. 
I am still working my way through GT Sport. I have done all the tests and circuit experiences, now working my way through the career races. I am resisting the temptation to buy any cars and am just playing through and collecting the daily gift cars. 

Once I have finished the career races I will clear out the prize cars I don't like, see what cars I am missing that I want and then spend some money. Thus far I have got a few of the cars I want as prizes (though sadly no LMP1 cars yet), hopefully I will get a few more and have enough money to buy most of the cars I want in one go.

I see Mafia 3 is free on PSN this month. Wasn't that excited when I saw it advertised but, having watched a couple of trailers, I am quite looking forward to giving it a go now. 

tbtstt said:
Hughesy said:
Wow GT Sport has turned into a micro transaction game. It always seemed primed to as the cars cost so much and the payouts are dreadful. Totally put me off playing it, but I need to unlock the 2017 Mercedes F1 car which is 2 million. 
I am still working my way through GT Sport. I have done all the tests and circuit experiences, now working my way through the career races. I am resisting the temptation to buy any cars and am just playing through and collecting the daily gift cars. 

Once I have finished the career races I will clear out the prize cars I don't like, see what cars I am missing that I want and then spend some money. Thus far I have got a few of the cars I want as prizes (though sadly no LMP1 cars yet), hopefully I will get a few more and have enough money to buy most of the cars I want in one go.

I see Mafia 3 is free on PSN this month. Wasn't that excited when I saw it advertised but, having watched a couple of trailers, I am quite looking forward to giving it a go now. 

I was going to clear out my prize cars until i saw you would get no money for them, i also am just doing the circuit experiences and getting the remaining gold for my license challenges.

Right I now have a week off work, pretty much be grinding in Fortnite. On that subject, I've completed all but one of the weekly challenges, did them all yesterday when they came out lol. Other than that I'll be playing No Mans Sky and obviously some VR gaming on PC (please release NMS VR on PC!)

Edit: Furious at myself in Fortnite. It was down to the final 3, took one guy out, then spotted the other, so dropped down from my base and went to shoot, but selected the wrong gun by accident. It was the easiest kill ever and I blew it. Punched my leg hard in frustration and now my leg hurts :joy: 
Funny thing is I don't normally get angry when gaming, but Fortnite brings it out of me because I often come close to winning and then bottle it.

Edit 2: Omg my bros three year old got a kill in Fortnite. Well technically he only pressed the fire button whilst I did the aiming, still it was cool. If the other guy knew he/she was killed by a three year old they'd be raging.

Oh joy I think my PS4 Pro HDD is dying. So basically I went to launch No Mans Sky, the screen went black and nothing else happened, pressed the ps button on the controller, but couldn't get back to the home screen, so forced it to turn off. Turned it back on and No Mans Sky had been deleted, so I re-downloaded it and it worked fine.

But then I went to play GT Sport, loaded fine, setup a night race at Bathurst And wtf whenever car headlights hit the grass the grass turned a glow in the dark illuminous green. So i re booted the ps4 into safe mode and rebuilt the disk database, that didn't fix it. The last thing I can try is formatting the drive, but I don't feel like downloading 800gb of games at the moment. I also don't fancy sending it to Sony, so whenever there's a good sale on SSD's I'll probably buy a 500gb one for it.

Completely wiped my PS4 Pro this morning and still have the issue. @couger1981 As you have a PS4 Pro, when you're on next can you go on GT Sport, setup a custom race at Bathurst at night and check if the grass is displayed properly. I'm pretty sure it's not a bug and is a issue with my console though.

Quick picture using my phone, you'll notice there's also hints of blue. It's just weird that it only happens at this track. Nurburgring 24h also has a proper night race, but the grass is normal.

Must admit the more I see of Shadow of the Tomb Raider the more I'm liking it. Enjoyed 2013 and Rise so looking forward to seeing how this final part plays out.

tbtstt said:
Hughesy said:

I was going to clear out my prize cars until i saw you would get no money for them, i also am just doing the circuit experiences and getting the remaining gold for my license challenges.
I have got to get a couple more golds as well. I am missing one in the circuit experiences (the full length 'Ring lap) and a couple in the license challenges. Will go back and do them once I have got a bit further in the career races!

Although I know you don't get any money for them, I prefer to only have cars I like in my virtual garage, so I will clear out all the unwanted cars once I am sure I don't need them for a career race. 

New SSD  is here for my PS4 Pro. I won't know for a while if this has fixed the issue, as first I'm downloading NMS as I want to play it. Then I'll get GT Sport downloaded and hopefully the issue is gone. Before even gaming I've noticed a nice upgrade in speed navigating the home and store menus.

If it's not the hard drive that has caused the issue then I don't know what's wrong, as its only one track that had it, and also NMS deleted. But all my other games played fine, so if it were another hardware issue then you'd expect to see issues in all games.

Edit: I didn't take into account how much space the formatted drive and OS take up, so my 500GB SSD on PS4 is only 408.5GB, feels bad man. With the size of games I won't be fitting many on it, but I'll mainly only use it for 1st party now that I have an Xbox One X.

Edit 2: After all that the issue with the grass is still here. Really need someone with a PS4 Pro to check if the grass is messed up in GT Sport at Bathurst set to the night time.
Come on PlayStation guys, I'm going around in circles with PS support and it's doing my head in.

Someone on GT Planet say they also have this issue, plus PlayStation support think it's a bug and told me to file a report. Here's a video I made for the report, it's not quite as visible in all places in the video, but still you can see how stupid it looks in curtain areas
https://youtu.be/G0qAgH5IeM4

Hughesy said:
New SSD  is here for my PS4 Pro. I won't know for a while if this has fixed the issue, as first I'm downloading NMS as I want to play it. Then I'll get GT Sport downloaded and hopefully the issue is gone. Before even gaming I've noticed a nice upgrade in speed navigating the home and store menus.

If it's not the hard drive that has caused the issue then I don't know what's wrong, as its only one track that had it, and also NMS deleted. But all my other games played fine, so if it were another hardware issue then you'd expect to see issues in all games.

Edit: I didn't take into account how much space the formatted drive and OS take up, so my 500GB SSD on PS4 is only 408.5GB, feels bad man. With the size of games I won't be fitting many on it, but I'll mainly only use it for 1st party now that I have an Xbox One X.

Edit 2: After all that the issue with the grass is still here. Really need someone with a PS4 Pro to check if the grass is messed up in GT Sport at Bathurst set to the night time.
Come on PlayStation guys, I'm going around in circles with PS support and it's doing my head in.

Someone on GT Planet say they also have this issue, plus PlayStation support think it's a bug and told me to file a report. Here's a video I made for the report, it's not quite as visible in all places in the video, but still you can see how stupid it looks in curtain areas
https://youtu.be/G0qAgH5IeM4
I can check for you when i'm home later then evening?

Awesome! Well it's not, but you have no idea how happy I am knowing it's not my console, thanks! It also doesn't seem to rendering the amount of grass it dis before the last patch.

Sent Sony a bug report detailing the problem like they told me to, then they said can I ring them so they can help as they need info that can't be done via email. Like what? They can't fix the issue, as the game needs a patch, I told them all they needed to know. I don't even think it's a free number they want me to call.

Yo the new mode in Fortnite is so fun, Soaring 50's. Basically you can get your glider out whenever making for some crazy builds and fights. It's also easier to be on the winning team, out of the 5 games I've played, I've won four of them, and only has 6 kills total lol.
I haven't attempted to play this mode on Switch, as it'll kill the frame rate.

I don't usually go for "rogue-like" games, but something about Dead Cells got my attention. So far, it seems fun & challenging to me, not unfairly punishing just for the sake of being 'difficult.' The controls are simple & responsive, and the game runs smoothly on my PC. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys 'Metroidvania' games.

Didn't know this, but Fortnite only tracks you stats for each platform. On Switch I have around 6 wins, but on Xbox, a bit fat 0. I actually do better on Switch because the Pro controller for it is so much better for fps games than PS4 or Xbox controller.

I only have two weekly challenges to complete even though they came out today. Head shot damage and smg/light machine gun kills. Pro tip for doing the time trial challenges, do it in the sniper game mode. Two of them you have to ramp up to follow the coins, so you will probably need to build and restart the timer, one at snobby shores you will need a golf buggy, but one should spawn around the houses or in the garage of one.

Played duos with my bro for the first time last night, we did well even though he's only been playing for a week and doesn't have a mic that works with Switch.

I'm level 32 on the free battle pass atm, it's so much easier to level up thanks to the weekly challenges :D

Stop being cheap and buy the pass hah ok. After being away from online shooters for so long, I remembered why I loved them, because when you get that win the feeling is awesome. Just getting multiple kills is good, especially when you out smart someone. It also helps that there's no way to get **** talk from kids with mics.

I'm level 50, and tier 63 on the pass. I'm looking forward to getting the mystery reward for completing 7 weeks of challenges, just this week's and next and I'll find out. But the main thing I want is the tier 100 skin. Not the skin you get at first, as you unlock challenges for it and it evolves into better versions. I've seen people with it already, the must have paid to unlock every pass tier, which seems silly to me.

Just watched Aarava's first career mode vid on F1 2018. Game's looking really good. I'm still going to wait until I finish my career modes on my other games first before getting it myself because I don't want my career's taken out by Codie's patching system. I know the game comes out next week but I've decided to wait until a few patches come out for it first this time at least .Especially as I already have career modes on the go for both 2016 and 2017 on the go atm. Once I've finished those then I'll pick up 2018. Must admit I'm looking forward to seeing how the media and the new rule changes affect my careers on the game.

Hughesy said:
Stop being cheap and buy the pass hah ok. After being away from online shooters for so long, I remembered why I loved them, because when you get that win the feeling is awesome. Just getting multiple kills is good, especially when you out smart someone. It also helps that there's no way to get **** talk from kids with mics.

I'm level 50, and tier 63 on the pass. I'm looking forward to getting the mystery reward for completing 7 weeks of challenges, just this week's and next and I'll find out. But the main thing I want is the tier 100 skin. Not the skin you get at first, as you unlock challenges for it and it evolves into better versions. I've seen people with it already, the must have paid to unlock every pass tier, which seems silly to me.
I've got quite a lot of free stuff now though  :D I've built my v bucks back up to 200 as well haha.. Fortnite may well be my all time favourite online shooter! 

I started replaying Mafia 2 due to my friend complaining about Mafia 3. The game still looks quite pretty considering it's 8 years old (and PhysX is a major plus for me). It's a good game. Shame that it could've been so, SO much better.

@Lukedfrt Same, never thought it would be my favourite online shooter. Before playing it I thought it looked stupid, but man once you get into it it's so good, because no game is the same and the skill slope is so big, it gives you motivation to improve. Plus unlike PUBG, they keep adding stuff at a fast rate and improving the game.

Fun fact, at night after I take my muscle relaxants my performance improves, so I guess you could call them performance enhancers. So at about 9:30pm I get better, I can't use them during the day as they do make you dopey, although I've had them for so long it doesn't affect me so much.

UP100 said:
I started replaying Mafia 2 due to my friend complaining about Mafia 3. The game still looks quite pretty considering it's 8 years old (and PhysX is a major plus for me). It's a good game. Shame that it could've been so, SO much better.
Mafia 2 is one of my favourite games ever, it wasn't perfect, but i loved the setting and the story.

I was gutted when Mafia 3 came out, gameplay was repetitive, story wasn't as good.. Felt like a different franchise  :s