The Game Thread!

Mafia 1 and 2 were amazing, I especially loved the story and setting in Mafia 2. Mafia 3 was one of my biggest disappointments ever. The problem was the main studio didn't make it like the rest of the series, it was fed to a 3rd rate studio and it showed, poor graphics, bad writing and terrible gameplay.

The game still looks quite good even though it's old. Well the images won't do it justice as I always miss a good time to take a photo.

The PC version always looked great. After all this talk I'm going to re-download it later and play it at 4K 60fps.
Last time I played it I had a dedicated PhysX GPU, still have it, a 670, but I don't have it in my PC anymore as so few games use it.
Looking forward to the new GPU's being announced in a few days, hopefully be getting a 1180 for VR, depending on the prices.

Finally got back to playing GT Sport in the last couple of days, impressed with the improvements they've made! A few more actual tracks in the game now (Although i'd still like a few more), the 2017 Mercedes F1 car is on there which i didn't know about haha, and there's a lot more races been added to the campaign mode. Only problem is i don't have that many credits, so most of the cars i want are out of reach haha

Hughesy said:
The PC version always looked great. After all this talk I'm going to re-download it later and play it at 4K 60fps.
Last time I played it I had a dedicated PhysX GPU, still have it, a 670, but I don't have it in my PC anymore as so few games use it.
Looking forward to the new GPU's being announced in a few days, hopefully be getting a 1180 for VR, depending on the prices.
Just as a warning, modern stuff such as high refresh rates or high resolutions may cause issues. Personally I haven't had any, but most of my hardware is from 2012 anyways (apart from GTX 1050).

Just been watching Arrava have an amazing scrap with his team mate K mag on F1 2018 wonder if it'll be like that with me and Stroll as I plan to start at Williams when I do get the game. I do remember on F1 2012 having some cracking battles with Schumacher neither of us wanting to give the other an inch racing for Mercedes.

I've literally been grinding for over a week to get the Merc F1 car, it was introduced in the last update which also caused the weird grass bug. This morning I finally got the 2 million I needed for it and got it. It's a bit disappointing though, at least with a controller. At slow speed corners it'll randomly just spin without even touching the accelerator.

Also I forgot to say this, last night I did random duos in Fortnite on Switch. It was pretty late so I was hopeful it wouldn't be a kid, what I wasn't expecting was it to be 60 year old bloke named Mike. Rather embarrassingly Mike out lived me and also got more kills, lol.

Hughesy said:
Mafia 1 and 2 were amazing, I especially loved the story and setting in Mafia 2. Mafia 3 was one of my biggest disappointments ever. The problem was the main studio didn't make it like the rest of the series, it was fed to a 3rd rate studio and it showed, poor graphics, bad writing and terrible gameplay.
Hmmm, won't be rushing to play this now! I downloaded it earlier in the month when it went free, but haven't fired it up yet!

Hughesy said:
I've literally been grinding for over a week to get the Merc F1 car, it was introduced in the last update which also caused the weird grass bug. This morning I finally got the 2 million I needed for it and got it. It's a bit disappointing though, at least with a controller. At slow speed corners it'll randomly just spin without even touching the accelerator.

Also I forgot to say this, last night I did random duos in Fortnite on Switch. It was pretty late so I was hopeful it wouldn't be a kid, what I wasn't expecting was it to be 60 year old bloke named Mike. Rather embarrassingly Mike out lived me and also got more kills, lol.
Yeah, it's a struggle to get the credits up.. I just got the Toyota LMP1 2016 car, so i'm back down to 300,000 credits  :#

And lol, that must have been funny! My dad plays Fortnite and he's 49 haha

@Lukedfrt Have you ever tried the other control formats in Fortnite? I've just switched to building pro where you have each building part mapped to a button. It's going to take time to get used to, but already I can build a lot faster, as its basically how you play if you were on PC. Sometimes I forgot which button does what, but with practice I'll get better. The first few games I hated it, but only because I wasn't used to it.

Just watched the trailer for Season 3 and final part of Fifa's journey story and it sounds like we are going to play as a mix of 3 of the characters across the season Alex and Kim and of course our old friend Danny Williams again. Alex is going for the Champions League with Real Madrid and Kim is aiming to be part of the Women's World Cup team and win that. Not sure on the story for Danny though as it didn't show much of that. I' m glad Kim's coming back though as I really liked her character in Season 2 almost got a hat trick with her last time I played her womens match. I got 2 goals and had a couple of goes at a 3rd but unfortunately missed them. Managed to win that match anyway as I got the winner with Alex Morgan.  Would have loved to nail the hat trick but C'est la vie. But I do often at least get 1 with Kim though.

Hughesy said:
@Lukedfrt Have you ever tried the other control formats in Fortnite? I've just switched to building pro where you have each building part mapped to a button. It's going to take time to get used to, but already I can build a lot faster, as its basically how you play if you were on PC. Sometimes I forgot which button does what, but with practice I'll get better. The first few games I hated it, but only because I wasn't used to it.
Nah, didn't realize you could do that tbh :lol: That must be how people build so quick on console! I'll have to give it a try, because i'm still too slow on the building haha 

Haha yeah it's definitely how they do it. I'm already used to it after a few days and got into my first proper build off and won, this should be the default controls imo.

Can't wait for the weekly challenges to drop, as I get something for completing 7 weeks of challenges, and this will be the 7th week.

Bloody hell, Ace Combat 7 finally has a release date: 18th January 2019!

In Fortnite some dude landed in the same place as me but couldn't find a gun, so I dropped one for him and then shot him. Got to have honour lads.

Got the Ferrari F40 on Gt sport cost $450,000, always been a fan of that car.
I am still holding out on buying any cars until I have finished all the career races: the F40 is top of my list when I start buying though!

Got the Ferrari F40 on Gt sport cost $450,000, always been a fan of that car.
I literally got that the other day as a gift car, i couldn't believe it  :D 

Just watched the trailer for Season 3 and final part of Fifa's journey story and it sounds like we are going to play as a mix of 3 of the characters across the season Alex and Kim and of course our old friend Danny Williams again. Alex is going for the Champions League with Real Madrid and Kim is aiming to be part of the Women's World Cup team and win that. Not sure on the story for Danny though as it didn't show much of that. I' m glad Kim's coming back though as I really liked her character in Season 2 almost got a hat trick with her last time I played her womens match. I got 2 goals and had a couple of goes at a 3rd but unfortunately missed them. Managed to win that match anyway as I got the winner with Alex Morgan.  Would have loved to nail the hat trick but C'est la vie. But I do often at least get 1 with Kim though.

Just discovered that we can switch between the 3 characters as we play through the story as well so if we only want to play a Alex then we can or only as Kim them we can things like that so we can freely switch between the 3 characters at will in Fifa 19's journey. We're not limited to which character we can be  as each story will be different. It certainly sounds interesting. I can certainly see myself playing as all 3 characters. As that period you get to play as Danny is fun in Season 2 and the match as Kim is fun to play as well. Must say I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out and how this trilogy concludes.

@Lukedfrt You seen this yet? Scared the crap out of me as it was so loud. Edit: I see have seen it. One of the many reasons I love this game, as they are constantly doing something to the game.
Weekly challenges are out and only have a few left to do, treasure map was probably the easiest one I've done.
Only challenge I have left is to search 3 supply drops. Not too hard, searched 3 before the challenges came up and haven't seen one since lol.
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1032968582521606144?s=19

Done it and oh baby the skin I got is amazing, 7 weeks was well worth it

Just bought F1 18 for Xbox X, it's the first Codemasters F1 game I haven't bought on PC. Not interested in PC racing games that don't have VR. No doubt now I've bought it for Xbox, Codemasters will add VR support for PC :joy:

Hughesy said:
Just bought F1 18 for Xbox X, it's the first Codemasters F1 game I haven't bought on PC. Not interested in PC racing games that don't have VR. No doubt now I've bought it for Xbox, Codemasters will add VR support for PC :joy:
I htink on the main forum someone modded it in. Don't know how though. Just got my new screen as my TV died on Friday so need to set that up and fit my new GTX1070 graphics cards in my PC now. Then I can get things back up and running on there.