The Game Thread!

Lukedfrt said:
I will pick it up at some point, but there's so many games i want atm.. And i'm working my way through all my old games still haha.. Currently replaying Uncharted 4.
yeah I still need to work through some of my old ones I think after the new Tomb Raider Fifa 19 and AC Odyssey come out that'll be it for me for a while to give myself a chance to work through it.

Staying up late to play Fortnite with my girl is going to kill me. Time zones are wonderful aren't they.
Just got done playing at 2:15am and have to wake up at 7am today :joy:

I did, but I feel like a zombie. On top of that my back is messed up yet again, so I'm a broken zombie.

Edit: I've actually had to go home, I could cope with being tired, as I normally am no matter how much sleep I get, but this back pain is awful. Just tilting my head down sends a shockwave down my neck and spine. I need to make sure it's better by Sunday for our yearly trip to Silverstone.

Looks like there's a section where we get to play as Alex's Granddad Jim in the Journey Season 3 as well. FIFA 19 is looking really tasty

Just thought I'd mention for anyone interested that Fifa 19's demo is out today in case anyone wants to try the new Fifa out. I've currently got it downloading on my PC. I believe the PS4 version of the demo is out as well Xbox will be available a bit later. Will be interesting to try out some of these new Kick off modes though

NHL19 is released tomorrow, sadly still no PC port... Well at least I have my Old Time Hockey to play with friends ;)

Also have a perfect goal: https://streamable.com/htb4w

I'm waiting for the new DLC for Kingdom Come: Deliverance as well as the expected playable Beta for Mount & Blade Bannerlord.

I'm waiting for the new DLC for Kingdom Come: Deliverance as well as the expected playable Beta for Mount & Blade Bannerlord.
I was gonna pick that up at some point! Would you recommend it?

If you're a stickler for historical accuracy in period games then yes Kingdom Come is excellent. The combat system is hard to get the hang of but once you do its very satisfying. Most of the bugs are gone now so the game runs and works well in general.

The only things I' m mainly waiting for now are Fifa 19 and the new Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I do have the new Tomb Raider in my Steam  library although I've not got around to playing it yet but I'm looking forward to doing so when I get a chance.

If you're a stickler for historical accuracy in period games then yes Kingdom Come is excellent. The combat system is hard to get the hang of but once you do its very satisfying. Most of the bugs are gone now so the game runs and works well in general.
Totally agree, bought it at release and it's one of my favourite rpgs as it's a challenge

Nothing gets to a women's heart like getting 15 kills in Fornite and winning the game.

It's bittersweet though, as I really like her but New York is pretty far from the UK :joy:

I once flew from Australia to Bahrain to surprise my partner while they were on deployment with the RAAF. If its for real love then its always worth it. :)

Yesterday was amazing, today has been awful.
My Switch seems to be broken and Nintendo will have to repair it. I thought oh it won't take long, then looked at their site. What a time for it to go wrong.

Thank goodness Fortnite is cross play, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play it with Nina. It does mean she'll be at a disadvantage, as she'll be against Xbox players, 30fps vs 60fps isn't a fair thing especially in this game. Mind you I have to play on American servers so ping is high and still managed to get 15 kills winning us the game.
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1041785034695475204?s=19

Hopefully it gets sorted soon mate! Touch wood, I've never had a problem with a Nintendo console so far 

It's the first Nintendo console I've ever had go wrong and I've had all of them.
Can't see anything wrong with the charging port, so it must be the battery.
Saying that though I did have that issue with the right joy-con not showing as connected when attaching it the console the other day. Could be unrelated and a separate problem.

The worst part is it's past the 12 month warranty so it's going to cost me.

Went through the whole process to setup a repair. Clicked book assessment and all I get is spinning circle as if it's doing something, but it's been like this for 15 minutes now lol, so Nintendo this.

I've now emailed them as it's still doing nothing. My rage is growing by the minute. :rage:

Edit: Finally got it done and got to the post office just before it closed. The three week delay is going to kill me, if means I won't have my Switch during my birthday :cry:

Started going through the journey again today on Fifa in preparation of Season 3 Going to really enjoy it I think once it comes out. Looks very interesting as all 3 heroes have customizable options

Was again up until 2am playing Fortnite, but we got the duos win. I had all the kills, but she did revive me twice so it was good team work.

I still don't know how we won this game, it wasn't until the end I had any good loot and even then I had pretty much no ammo. We hid in this hut whilst there was 4 teams left as we simply didn't have the ammo to fight, then once only 1 was left we had to go. This grenade launcher saved us big time
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1042906601626193920?s=19

Hughesy said:
Was again up until 2am playing Fortnite, but we got the duos win. I had all the kills, but she did revive me twice so it was good team work.

I still don't know how we won this game, it wasn't until the end I had any good loot and even then I had pretty much no ammo. We hid in this hut whilst there was 4 teams left as we simply didn't have the ammo to fight, then once only 1 was left we had to go. This grenade launcher saved us big time
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1042906601626193920?s=19
Grenade launchers are always helpful when in your possession. :p

@Lukedfrt Explain to me what happened here lol. On my screen I couldn't fire my gun when I landed and on the replay, well you'll see. I was raging as I was having a good game and the people left seemed a bit rubbish
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1043430112849485824?s=19

Coming up to nearly 100 hours in Arc survival evolved :)

Love the theme :D 

https://soundcloud.com/garethcoker/ark-survival-evolved-main-theme-live-orchestra-mix

Let me know when you reach over 1000 hours in it like me lol. So many good times playing it with my bro. It's funny as when we started my bro came up with some good builds. But then I started coming up with some crazy builds, one of which took maybe 100 hours to fully complete. I need to get back into it again soon.

No other game have I come close to playing as much as Ark. I had planned to build a server PC to run my own server rather than renting, I'd still love to do it at some point. I know it can run pretty poorly at times, but I still had so much fun in it.

Mind you it has nothing on what it used to be, just getting 30fps which low settings was hard at one point. My bro is obsessed with dinosaurs and I'm obsessed with building structures, so it was the perfect game for us.

Also I agree, I love the music. When Halloween comes they normally do a remix of it which also sounds good.

Hughesy said:
@Lukedfrt Explain to me what happened here lol. On my screen I couldn't fire my gun when I landed and on the replay, well you'll see. I was raging as I was having a good game and the people left seemed a bit rubbish
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1043430112849485824?s=19

I've never seen that before haha, you found out if it's a known problem? Also, that glider is insane  :D