The Game Thread!

I think it was some server error. Haha yeah I love the glider, it's breaths out blue flames but it is super loud compared to any glider I've used before lol

Glad Sony have stopped be arses and now allow cross play in Fortnite, just before the new season starts tomorrow. But with the way I'm currently playing I won't be much help to anyone. Other issues away from gaming messing with my concentration. 

Must admit I'm looking forward to playing in the Champions League on Fifa 19 wonder who I'll end up  with in the draw as my first opponents. Looking forward to tonight and getting to play it given it unlocks at 11pm. I've got it preloaded just waiting for the OK to start playing. I hope it doesn't screw up like Fifa 18's launch did as I couldn't access it till about 2 days later which was very annoying. The game worked fine once it was unlocked it just was a very bad launch on EA's part.

Been playing the new Fifa have to say it's very good so far. I'd definitely say on my first impressions it is better than last year the graphics look better as though they've been upgrade but more tweaks than a massive overhaul and also I have to say the game in general is harder this year. I've definitely found it tougher to get goals as well which is good because Fifa 18 at times does feel a bit too easy in that department.

First time since like 2007 I haven't bought Fifa at release, I just don't really have any motivation to play it. Too many other games taking up all my time.

Hughesy said:
First time since like 2007 I haven't bought Fifa at release, I just don't really have any motivation to play it. Too many other games taking up all my time.

Well this year aside from the new Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed it's pretty quiet for me not really any games catching my interest this year. Plus with this being the final part of the Journey it kind of made sense to me to get this years game given I enjoyed Season's 1 and 2.

Lukedfrt said:
Just picked up my copy, will be on it all day tomorrow  :D

Nice just finished chapter 1 of the Journey been fun so far. Haven't started career yet but that's mainly because I'm in the middle of a season on Fifa 17 atm with Schalke in the Bundesliga was thinking I might finish that first then start my traditional opening career with Tottenham. Looking forward to playing at the new stadium in the PL. I played a friendly there last night between Spurs and Juventus last night and it looked really nice. Game looks really good with the Champions League stuff though too really nice.

The journey story is split into only 4 chapters but you are splitting your time between 3 protagonists in Alex Danny and Kim. The Journey interface works exactly the same way as Season 2's does. Chapter 1 only covers pre season though and I think the other chapters aer longer. There is a recommended path for the best story experience which is indicated by the game but you can choose to play any of the protags at any time. For the moment I'm sticking to the recommended path but when the choices come up I'm going with Alex and Kim. But this is just for my first run as I can see myself going through it again trying different things. Must admit I'm looking forward to winning the Women's world Cup with Kim and the Champions League with Alex.

Given that I only have my phone to muck about with for the next few weeks, I've been getting back into Fallout Shelter for my Samsung. Lotsa fun so far :)

Think nex ttime I do Season 3 of the Journey I'll just play as either Danny or Alex rather than follow the recommended path as I noticed you mainly only pla ythe Champions League games no domestic matches following the recommended path. I'll still play as Kim though because I've enjoyed her little sections.

Just thought I'd mention @Lukedfrt before I forget that you may want to do the Journey first before venturing into career mode because I learned last night that if you complete it both Danny and Alex can be imported as players into a new career mode. Not sure if you'd want to do that or not but it might be interesting. Must admit I could see Alex making a decent strike partner for Harry Kane though. :p Though I don't know how much I'd have to pay.   I still haven't completed the Journey yet but I am in Chapter 3 now so I am getting towards the end but I can see myself playing it again using a different approach.

I'm just finishing the journey from Fifa 18 haha, on chapter 6.. forgot how good it is! 

Lukedfrt said:
I'm just finishing the journey from Fifa 18 haha, on chapter 6.. forgot how good it is! 
Yeah it's great Season 3 is quiet long if you go through the recommended path. But I'm on the final chapter now as Kim so I'm kind of guessing my next job is win her the women's world cup seeing as I have got to the final. Then hopefully finish off playing as Alex in the CL final. Going to be tough to disappoint Danny in the final but at least he won the Premier League and next time I play the Journey I'll give him a run at it.

Just finished Season 3 of the Journey it was quite the finale. Still looking forward to going again and trying to win with Danny next time. I could see myself running 2 career modes though one normal one and then another which I import Danny and Alex in but I'll wait till I play Season 3 again that way I can put Danny in at Spurs and trade Harry Kane for Alex Hunter with Real Madrid. See how th e2 of them can wreak havoc together again in the Premier League and Champion's League. :P I won't do it with my current one as Danny's at Arsenal in the one I just finished and I know they'll make me pay through the nose for him and I don't think I'd be able to afford both Danny and Alex. Whereas if I do it again with Spurs I won't have to as Danny will already be in my team so would only need to purchase Alex.

Also nearly forgo tto say @Lukedfrt you can play with Kim in the US women's team when doing the International Cup when you complete her Journey too in case you're interested.. Not quite as exciting as being able to use Danny and Alex in career mode but it's something.

My winless streak in Fortnite solos is over after nearly two weeks. Half the battle is done once you get the high ground. The best bit about this, the last circle went back to my previous build do I could just walk over, as I knew all this time the guy was in the house and had to come out at some point. My patience paid off.
Not the sort of game I should be playing with high blood pressure but oh well.
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1046842376017330176?s=19

Hughesy said:
My winless streak in Fortnite solos is over after nearly two weeks. Half the battle is done once you get the high ground. The best bit about this, the last circle went back to my previous build do I could just walk over, as I knew all this time the guy was in the house and had to come out at some point. My patience paid off.
Not the sort of game I should be playing with high blood pressure but oh well.
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1046842376017330176?s=19

Anything with a lot of action is really recommended but as you say oh well. p

Well that win started off with this kill. I'm in the red building to the right. I knew someone was to the left of me but wasn't sure if they were on the bridge or under it. So I threw a grenade against the building on the left so it would bounce over to that location, it was perfect, as he was behind the car, the best trick shot I've pulled off.

https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1046854862275776512?s=19

I haven't played much since season 6 started, there's too many games i'm playing atm :lol: But definitely gonna play some in the next few days!

My Switch is on the mend. If you look at my Twitter you'll see how funny it was getting an email from them, because originally I had one from them wishing me happy birthday. I said what would make it happy is if you email me saying my Switch is fixed, hours later I got that email.

It was more than the email said, it actually cost £53, so still not loads.

Hughesy said:
My Switch is on the mend. If you look at my Twitter you'll see how funny it was getting an email from them, because originally I had one from them wishing me happy birthday. I said what would make it happy is if you email me saying my Switch is fixed, hours later I got that email.

Good news then

Hughesy said:

They must have read your tweet! haha

Well at least my birthday has ended on a good note, after a shit middle. Thanks to @RevolvingPrawn who bought me Quantum Break.

Pro tip to people, don't open your heart to a women if she asks about yourself, it'll only end in tears as it did yet again to me today like it did a few years ago.

Hughesy said:
Well at least my birthday has ended on a good note, after a **** middle. Thanks to @RevolvingPrawn who bought me Quantum Break.

Pro tip to people, don't open your heart to a women if she asks about yourself, it'll only end in tears as it did yet again to me today like it did a few years ago.
Hope you enjoy it bud!

I had so much fun playing it the first time (On X1) that as soon as it came out on the Windows Store for PC I bought it again and played it again, and then when it came to Steam I bought it again and played it again :D