The Game Thread!

So you've actually bought the game four times! Insane, looking forward to playing it finally.

Hughesy said:
Well at least my birthday has ended on a good note, after a **** middle. Thanks to @RevolvingPrawn who bought me Quantum Break.

Pro tip to people, don't open your heart to a women if she asks about yourself, it'll only end in tears as it did yet again to me today like it did a few years ago.
Nice it's a good game actually. Got it myself as well although the final boss I find tough. Aside from that though it's a great fun game. 

Came home early as I was feeling so ****. Started playing Quantum Break, loving it so far. The game play is tight, the live action episodes are so well done and enjoyable to watch. I can't help but think they lost money on this game though, making a game is one thing, to then have to hire actors, camera crews, close off streets it must have been so expensive to make.

Something funny though @RevolvingPrawn QB is actually on gamepass and I didn't know, but I don't think it's a Xbox X enhanced game so would have been stuck at 30fps. Better to own it anyway. I did try playing it at 4K just for lols, I got 15fps. So I'm just playing at 1080p 60fps. I'm really enjoying it, I feel like it's a game that should have done better than it did.

@Lukedfrt What's your username on Fortnite so that I can add you and play some time? Today is the first day I haven't even bothered to do the weekly challenges, because the game reminds me of that bitch too much at the moment. That's the most kind word I could call her.

If there is any criticism I can level at Fifa 19 it's the Champion's league commentary is very repetitive as I've already lost count of how many times I've heard "And the ball is in the net" and " the crowd have gone crazy and quite rightly so." At least the Sky commentary team Martin Tyler and Alan Smith mix their lines up a bit. But Derek and Lee  are getting very old very quickly with their lines. Atmosphere wise and everything else brilliant and I've got to say they did a great job with Tottenham's new ground as well.

If you guys want to see the best snipe I've ever hit, then here you go. It's so satisfying when you hit a shot like this, if you look just before I fired I had to make a tiny adjustment, normally I can't be that sensitive and move it too much lol
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1047792063570485248?s=19

Hughesy said:
Came home early as I was feeling so ****. Started playing Quantum Break, loving it so far. The game play is tight, the live action episodes are so well done and enjoyable to watch. I can't help but think they lost money on this game though, making a game is one thing, to then have to hire actors, camera crews, close off streets it must have been so expensive to make.

Something funny though @RevolvingPrawn QB is actually on gamepass and I didn't know, but I don't think it's a Xbox X enhanced game so would have been stuck at 30fps. Better to own it anyway. I did try playing it at 4K just for lols, I got 15fps. So I'm just playing at 1080p 60fps. I'm really enjoying it, I feel like it's a game that should have done better than it did.

@Lukedfrt What's your username on Fortnite so that I can add you and play some time? Today is the first day I haven't even bothered to do the weekly challenges, because the game reminds me of that **** too much at the moment. That's the most kind word I could call her.

lukedfrt mate, and yeah be good to play.. Monday/Tuesday i'll be on for a good few hours! 

Cool I'll add you later. I'm in a even worse mood then I was a few days ago. Firstly they returned everything except the Switch, then they say all my data on the console is lost, so all my save data is gone. How the fuck do you lose data from changing the batteries.

Two games in particular I'm furious about, Mario Odyssey, whilst I had completed it, i was only a few stars away from collecting them all which is like 500 or something and took so many hours to find and do. Then there's Xenoblade, I've put over 120 hours into it and now it's gone.

@Lukedfrt When I try and add you it says user not found, I tried with a capital L and lower case l, but yeah not found lol.

Hughesy said:
Cool I'll add you later. I'm in a even worse mood then I was a few days ago. Firstly they returned everything except the Switch, then they say all my data on the console is lost, so all my save data is gone. How the **** do you lose data from changing the batteries.

Two games in particular I'm furious about, Mario Odyssey, whilst I had completed it, i was only a few stars away from collecting them all which is like 500 or something and took so many hours to find and do. Then there's Xenoblade, I've put over 120 hours into it and now it's gone.

Yeah unfortunately these things happen as I've twice tried to do a full career mode on F1 2017 for example and twice I've been stopped by some sort of problem as my first save when 2017 came out got wiped  out by Codies patching .The second which was started a little before 2018 came out wasn't CM's fault as it was a problem at my end because of my computer issues. But it was still annoying as it meant I still haven't completed a career mode on that game. But on both occasions it's not because I didn't want to complete the career mode as the career I find a lot of fun to play I was just stopped due to some technical issue or another. I'll probably try again after I'm done with 2018 though third time lucky right?

Hughesy said:
@Lukedfrt When I try and add you it says user not found, I tried with a capital L and lower case l, but yeah not found lol.
Hmmm, i'm not too sure haha, it should be the same as my PSN name right? :lol:

Had a thought @Lukedfrt Maybe you have to download or play the beta patch for cross play so that your name shows up for other platforms.

Hughesy said:
Had a thought @Lukedfrt Maybe you have to download or play the beta patch for cross play so that your name shows up for other platforms.
Ah, maybe that's it.. i'll have a proper look at it tomorrow as i'm off :smile:

Got my Switch back, it's a replacement hence why I lost all my save data, why they didn't just say that in the first place I don't know. Not sure if it new or refurbished, but there's not a scratch on it so I don't care.

I can tell how much better I've become in Fortnite since I was forced to play on Xbox. Pretty much every game on Switch I've been landing at titled and walking out with 10+ kills. In one game I had 7 people watching me after I killed them, only came 3rd though, it's like being a streamer albeit with a tiny audience :joy:

Just got my first ever back to back wins in Fortnite, man the adrenaline was pumping! Probably not a good thing when my blood pressure is so high. Sadly in going for the hat trick I went too Rambo and whilst taking out 5 guys I forgot the storm was coming, thus I died in the storm like a true hero.

https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1052216608880394240?s=19

Hughesy said:
Just got my first ever back to back wins in Fortnite, man the adrenaline was pumping! Probably not a good thing when my blood pressure is so high. Sadly in going for the hat trick I went too Rambo and whilst taking out 5 guys I forgot the storm was coming, thus I died in the storm like a true hero.

https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1052216608880394240?s=19
We all get a bit cocky sometimes when we're doing well thinking we're indestructible in games. For example recently I beat Mass Effect 1 without dying at all in the game. ME2 has made up for it though as I've died quite a few times in this playthrough particularly during Garrus's recruitment mission where I think I died 5 times at least.

Back to back games is very impressive! How many have you won now mate? I bet i'm way behind despite starting earlier :lol:

I have no idea, on Switch there's no careers tab, but on Switch alone it's double figures for sure. My favourite win was on Xbox though, as it was the first outside of Switch. It took me two weeks to get that win.
They have added options for builder pro controller mode, which has made me even better.
@Lukedfrt We have to play soon. I did see you on earlier, but I have a banging headache so couldn't concentrate. Do you have mic? We don't have to talk, but it does make it easier in a game like this lol.

I think i'm up to 14 solo wins now, as long as there's no amazing players in the lobby, i have a chance :lol:
I don't have a mic atm, not even the free one that came with the PS4 haha.. It's on my to buy list! 

Ill call silent bob then ;) Well as long as we mark where we are going it'll be fine.

So uhh I just won like this, watch until the end :joy:
I was disappointed as with this loadout I was ready to go to war
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1053384579044794368?s=19

Started playing classic Wow, it brings back memories from when i started playing it in 2004. In my opinion they ruined the game when they released Cataclysm.

If anyone is interested you can play the classic servers for free.

I have been a lot of Minecraft on my n3DS. Probably my favourite version of Minecraft as my n3DS can always fit into my pocket.

My favourite version is the Switch, for that very reason. If I didn't have a Switch, I would have bought the N3DS version.

Although playing it in VR on PC is also pretty mind blowing lol.

I can also confirm that that is Mr Bean, for anyone who was in doubt.