The Game Thread!

RDR2 day tomorrow, can't wait. Had to get my Fortnite weekly challenges done in a 3 hour marathon. RDR2 is coming at a great time, as it's sure to make the wait for my new Pug puppy shorter 
 :D 

I am looking forward to RDR 2, but i'm not getting it on release.. purely because i've got so many games i need to play that it will just sit on my shelf for a couple of months haha

Lukedfrt said:
I am looking forward to RDR 2, but i'm not getting it on release.. purely because i've got so many games i need to play that it will just sit on my shelf for a couple of months haha
yeash I'm not getting it but partly because it doesn't interest me and partly due to not having a PS4 to play it on so that's that. I've pretty much got all the games that interest me for this year although I've not got round to playing them all yet. Though I do plan on playing one of them soon as I plan on going through the Tomb Raider trilogy starting with 2013 and ending with Shadow. Must admit having already gone through 2013 and Rise and enjoyed them I'm kind of looking forward to it. The other AC Odyssey I'm not sure when I'll get to that yet but again I'm looking forward to it.

The level of detail in RDR2 is simply incredible. I was stood next to my horse, having a quick vape and in-game the horse decided to have a massive poo :joy:

A lot of detail is lost in this photo due to imgur, but still it's the most impressive game I've ever seen. The fact that it's running at a full 4K on Xbox X is astonishing.

I enjoy Rust quite a lot. Though I can't play it as often as I used to, so my base usually gets raided before I can even progress lol. While waiting for wipe on Rust, I play RE7, which is also amazing.

Anyone here played Dirt 4? If so, would you recommend it?
I can pick it up cheap now, and i could do with a new racing game.

Lukedfrt said:
Anyone here played Dirt 4? If so, would you recommend it?
I can pick it up cheap now, and i could do with a new racing game.
I've played it a little but not got very far with it been to busy with other things. It's a bit like Grid Autosport albeit with Dirt/Rally style events instead is probably the best way I can describe it.

Imo Dirt4 is worth it, if on special even if your not a rally person. If you do go for it tho, stay away from LandRush and RallyX those modes make me rage something shocking!

Haha @RevolvingPrawn bought a Switch, before even the Nintendo fan @Lukedfrt has one. The amount of crap he gives me about having one, then he goes and buys one, love it  :D

Haha, i want to hear his opinions on it!
I'm getting one for Christmas, so i shall soon be part of the club :lol: I sold my Wii U the other week, so i am officially Nintendo-less at the moment!

I have found my new favorite place for games.. Smyths Toys! :lol: Went in today on the off chance, and they do some really good deals for a high street chain. For example, Kingdom Come Deliverance was £14.99 and Fifa 19 was £37 on PS4!

Lukedfrt said:
I have found my new favorite place for games.. Smyths Toys! :lol: Went in today on the off chance, and they do some really good deals for a high street chain. For example, Kingdom Come Deliverance was £14.99 and Fifa 19 was £37 on PS4!
Nice I've bought Fifa's 17, 18 and 19 for my Xbox as Christmas presents. Mostly because I wanted a hard copy and I wanted t otake advantage of the Xbox's Game DVR system. I enjo using it on the Fifa's I got when I bought my XB1. Thought it might make for a fine feature for when I play through the Journey mode as well. It's mostly because there's not really much I want to get my hands on game wise atm as I've got al the games I want for this year. I have played the Journey all the way through on the PC but it'll be nice to play through it on the XB1 as well.

Fifa 19 is the first Fifa game I haven't bought since 2002, there's just not enough in it for me. I don't play the journey mode and I don't really have any interest in the gambling style mode. With the money EA make, they should be investing more into it, are at by adding real stadiums to lower league clubs, or even add non league divisions. As for the way it plays, they seem to change for the sake of calling it new, when really they had the feel nailed already.

Bought Mass Effect Andromeda for Xbox One X. I already had it on PC, but HDR was flat out broken, got it working once but even then it wasn't right. It was on £5, seeing HDR working correctly and it transforms the look of the game, it's one of the more visually striking HDR games. I'm one of the few that enjoyed MEA even with its shortcomings, so I don't mind playing it again.

Hughesy said:
Fifa 19 is the first Fifa game I haven't bought since 2002, there's just not enough in it for me. I don't play the journey mode and I don't really have any interest in the gambling style mode. With the money EA make, they should be investing more into it, are at by adding real stadiums to lower league clubs, or even add non league divisions. As for the way it plays, they seem to change for the sake of calling it new, when really they had the feel nailed already.

Bought Mass Effect Andromeda for Xbox One X. I already had it on PC, but HDR was flat out broken, got it working once but even then it wasn't right. It was on £5, seeing HDR working correctly and it transforms the look of the game, it's one of the more visually striking HDR games. I'm one of the few that enjoyed MEA even with its shortcomings, so I don't mind playing it again.

Yeah I agree despite not getting any DLC for single player MEA is still a great game it's why I still play it. At the end of the day I always just consider DLC's a bonus anyway. I think receiving some good DLC could have saved it especially as doing good DLC is normally one of Bioware's specialties that was kind of why especially with the plot holes in the story with the Quarian ark and the Benefactor I felt sure initially that DLC was coming as the game felt kind of only felt half done without it. At least they have concluded it in a book even if it wasn't really what we wanted. Haven't had a chance to read either of the Andromeda books yet but hopefully I will eventually.

I mainly bought Fifa 19 for 3 reasons really 1. the Uefa licensing. 2. Tottenham's new stadium which is great fun to play in and 3. The Journey's conclusion as I quite enjoy that little story mode and the various challenges you have to pass  as you progress through it. Although I will say that you will likely have to limit your time to just either Danny or Alex to pass some of them given some will take extra games playing as them to pass them as in not just Champions league games but domestic matches as well. That's one thing I learned following the  recommended story path on my first run. The recommended path just has you playing the champions league matches. Playing as Kim was good fun though  helping her win the women's World Cup. So I think I'd always play as her given she only plays about 7/8 games across the season so her bits are quite short compared with the boys. When I do another run I was thinking I'll probably import Danny and Alex into a career mode as I was thinking of having them play up front for me as my main strike force in a career especially as they worked out quite well together in Fifa 17 in the Championship section of the story. I don't touch online either but I still enjoy the SP options and although I've not really played them yet that much the new kick off modes look like they could be a laugh. Especially the no rules mode and survival mode where every time someone scores a player is removed.

I will admit though something I forgot to mention earlier. If it hadn't been for the Journey I'd probably have skipped Fifa 18 though as it wasn't a significant jump up on 17 but I will say that the Journey whether you like it or not I think it made pretty good use of Fifa's mechanics and offers something a bit different to those looking for a good like mini RPG. Not sure what they'll do with Fifa 20 but it was good fun playing as Alex Hunter imo. I can see  myself playing around with the mode a few times building him up to play in different positions having a go at higher difficulties if I feel I'm doing too well  or something. Maybe not as much as I do my other RPG's but I still find it good fun.

Just seen that Onrush is the PSN freebie in December, so will give that a spin next month!

tbtstt said:
Just seen that Onrush is the PSN freebie in December, so will give that a spin next month!
Yeah i;ll give it ago but from the posts in the onrush forum and on fb since the devs were fired game updates have stopped and no fixes has been released.

tbtstt said:
Yeah i;ll give it ago but from the posts in the onrush forum and on fb since the devs were fired game updates have stopped and no fixes has been released.
They have at least announced 4 new tracks for Onrush months after the "devs were fired"

Because of that headset I bought from Argos, they gave me a £10 voucher. So I just bought Minecraft for Xbox with DLC for £11. I already have it on Switch and VR on PC, but wanted it for Xbox for when they finally release the graphics overhaul. So many delays, they could at least give Xbox One X the 4k patch whilst we wait for the rest.

Has anyone else struggled at Monaco on F1 2018? Finished dead last in my career mode even though i'm normally top 10 :confused: The car was fairly quick in quali, but absolutely awful for the race!             

Lukedfrt said:
Has anyone else struggled at Monaco on F1 2018? Finished dead last in my career mode even though i'm normally top 10 :confused: The car was fairly quick in quali, but absolutely awful for the race!             
I've always struggled at Monaco on these CM games to the point where I'm kind of used to it now but yeah 2017 and 2018 I find are definitely harder. But I think at least for me it's partly down to the wider cars. I just find I struggle more because wider cars on a narrow track don' t tend to go well or at least they don't for me.

Lukedfrt said:
Inner tyre temps bud. That race is the reason I have it turned off as Codies can't do anything new right. That's why you were so slow in the race. 

Hughesy said:
Lukedfrt said:
Inner tyre temps bud. That race is the reason I have it turned off as Codies can't do anything new right. That's why you were so slow in the race. 
Well this is a biased statement. So many times Codies have confirmed that it works as it has been planned to and so many times Codies have nerfed it because of a small portion of the community...