The Game Thread!

Not biased at all, it's a fact. Tyre temps shouldn't be an issue at Monaco, yet its the worse track. Add to the fact that the ai aren't affected by inner temps and that makes it a bs feature. They haven't nerfed it at all. The people that aren't affected are probably slow drivers with the AI set low. I can keep temp down by driving 5 seconds a lap slower, but that's for the whole race, push for one lap and boom they're gone. 

Hughesy said:
Not biased at all, it's a fact. Tyre temps shouldn't be an issue at Monaco, yet its the worse track. Add to the fact that the ai aren't affected by inner temps and that makes it a bs feature. They haven't nerfed it at all. The people that aren't affected are probably slow drivers with the AI set low. I can keep temp down by driving 5 seconds a lap slower, but that's for the whole race, push for one lap and boom they're gone. 
I can't believe I'm having this argument again. As in every other thread most people have pointed out: You're pushing too much, the feature works as it's supposed to. The AI knows how to save their tires, so if you can't race them while saving your tires, maybe that AI level is not good for you.

Currently playing RDR 2 very good game graphics wise but the missions are long and slow, i think RDR was fast and action packed. Maybe it's the size of the map and bring a sense of slowness to the game, it's rumored the map is bigger that Gta 5.

UP100 said:
Hughesy said:
I can't believe I'm having this argument again. As in every other thread most people have pointed out: You're pushing too much, the feature works as it's supposed to. The AI knows how to save their tires, so if you can't race them while saving your tires, maybe that AI level is not good for you.
You only have to look at their lap times to see they aren't saving tyres at all, in fact they get quicker until the tyres are worn. Turn the feature off and you will see they are setting the exact same lap times, so again they aren't affected by it.

Tyre temps should not be an issue at all at Monaco. There's no high speed corners, no long braking zones. I love people like you that stick up for them no matter what. Just like when Code masters said ai were setting real qualifying times in 2010, it was proven they weren't and also in another game they weren't affected by fuel usage or weight. If I can get around Monaco in a proper sim, they this game should be no problem. Pretty much any other track my tyre temps are fine, Monaco is broken. Keep responding if you like butting into other people conversations, Luke was slow at Monaco, I gave him the reason..... 

That must be the reason Hughesy, it's the only track I've struggled at.. It was insane, i was around 3 seconds a lap slower :lol:

Hughesy said:
UP100 said:
Hughesy said:
You only have to look at their lap times to see they aren't saving tyres at all, in fact they get quicker until the tyres are worn. Turn the feature off and you will see they are setting the exact same lap times, so again they aren't affected by it.

Tyre temps should not be an issue at all at Monaco. There's no high speed corners, no long braking zones. I love people like you that stick up for them no matter what. Just like when Code masters said ai were setting real qualifying times in 2010, it was proven they weren't and also in another game they weren't affected by fuel usage or weight. If I can get around Monaco in a proper sim, they this game should be no problem. Pretty much any other track my tyre temps are fine, Monaco is broken. Keep responding if you like butting into other people conversations, Luke was slow at Monaco, I gave him the reason..... 
This is a pointless argument. I guess you're playing on gamepad as that is the only "logical" reason about why you think like this.

Interesting stuff really. The first proper battle royale mode to launch for Linux and it's for a 5 year old game that is now even free (as Epic Games for some reason doesn't realise UE4 supports linux)

Not really a BR when there’s only like 16 players. It’s just a deathmatch using the BR tag as it’s popular.

Hughesy said:
Not really a BR when there’s only like 16 players. It’s just a deathmatch using the BR tag as it’s popular.
Well up to 18 but I guess I get your point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw3lrXlti-8 Too damn right I have questions what do you think you're doing you bad dog?

So this is what it feels to be like a used car salesman. In Forza 7 I bought a car from someone in the auction house for 1 million and then I sold it for 5 million :sunglasses:

Must admit I'm impressed by Shadow of the Tomb Raider's graphics the encounter with the Jaguars in the jungle for example was really impressively done.

Finally decided to buy Fifa 19 for Xbox X for £28. PES 19 is on Xbox Game pass but playing that made me want Fifa 19 lol. 

Hughesy said:
Finally decided to buy Fifa 19 for Xbox X for £28. PES 19 is on Xbox Game pass but playing that made me want Fifa 19 lol. 

A chance to take Yeovil to Champion's League glory too irresistible I take it? :p Either way yeah Fifa 19 is a lot of fun. Those new kick off/party  modes will make for good entertainment at Christmas and stuff I think. They may not have changed career mode too much but the graphics do look slightly better in Fifa 19 at least to me. Also the fact it is harder to score in Fifa 19 too makes it a little better too thanks to the new mechanics but then I felt it was a little too easy on 18 to get lots of goals.

Got a couple of games on the cheap as well recently. One called Enslaved Odyssey to the west which is half platformer half beat'em up and the other one Bullet Witch which is kind of half shooter half magic kind of hybrid game. Apparently Bullet Witch got rather mixed reviews when it first came out but it looked quite good fun to me so I decided to give it a chance. Seeing as it only cost £10 I thought I can spare that if I don't like it it's only £10 wasted and if I do end up enjoying it I got myself a bargain. Haven't played either of them yet but I am looking forward to giving them both a try. Enslaved was a little more expensive as that was £15 but still 2 games I'm hoping will turn out to be quite good bargains.

I should get drunk more often..... That wall placement at the end so he blew himself up was just perfect. Most fun match I’ve had in a while
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1077298026216128514?s=19

Finished Mafia 3 at the weekend. Great conclusion and an enjoyable game, definitely worth a play through. 

Had a go at Onrush last night, not what I was expecting but good arcade fun. Will probably work my way through that the next few weeks until the new Ace Combat comes out.

I’m really getting back into Ark now, after already clocking over 1000 hours in the PC version. It’s cool that on Xbox I now have my very own server that I’m not paying for, as I’m using my old Xbox One as a server and then playing on Xbox One X. All I had to do was create a new profile and then use my proper profile to set it as my home Xbox and then all games and XBL Gold is shared. So I use the new profile to run the spare Xbox and use it as a server.

Always wanted to build a PC to use as a Ark server but never got around to it. The best thing about using a Xbox is it’s totally silent. So it’s in my bedroom but inside a cupboard.

tbtstt said:
Finished Mafia 3 at the weekend. Great conclusion and an enjoyable game, definitely worth a play through. 

Had a go at Onrush last night, not what I was expecting but good arcade fun. Will probably work my way through that the next few weeks until the new Ace Combat comes out.
I was so disappointed with Mafia 3! It's not a bad game by any means, but it was so repetitive and nothing like the 2nd!  :pensive:

Lukedfrt said:
tbtstt said:

I was so disappointed with Mafia 3! It's not a bad game by any means, but it was so repetitive and nothing like the 2nd!  :pensive:
Yeah, I can see your point about it being a bit repetitive, most of the missions were along the same lines. Hunting for the last few collectibles was a bit of a grind: that said I find that with the vast majority of sandbox games.

I thought the story was decent though and the setting really well handled. 

My fortress... This is an endless mode and you get an achievement if you get to Day 100. Every day has 2.5 minutes for building and around 3 minutes for fighting. It has taken me 1-3 hours to get this far... This will take forever.

Oh shit I just realised that NO, YOU DON'T GET AN ACHIEVEMENT FOR THAT... Somebody please shoot me.

I pre-ordered LEGO The LEGO Movie 2: Videogame yesterday last year (31/12/2018). Is anybody else getting this?

McStanley

Last night I caught the Ark bug. I looked at the time, it was 10pm, the next time I looked at the clock it was 3am and I had to be up at 6am to go to my nans funeral. In the end I didn’t even go to sleep, so I’m living off G-fuel and coffee. This is why on PC I have over 1000 hours played in Ark, looks like on Xbox it’s going the same way. Annoyingly they added Ark to game pass so I could have got it for free.