The Game Thread!

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Just seen that Modern Warfare: Remastered will be on PSN next month. I didn't think it was worth picking up for full price, but I am really looking forward to playing through that again!

Wow, really!? That's awesome, i loved that game so much.. But didn't wanna pay too much for the remaster :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, couger1981 said:

Not yet but i have access to the 10 hour trial for the game so its on the list to download.

Well if you liked ME Andromeda's combat you'll like Anthem's as it's very similar The only real difference is you have 4 powers instead of 3 but the 4th one(which is called an Ultimate) is more like a DAI style focus ability in that you have to wait a while for it to charge up before you can use it but it's moer like a huge damage dealer when you use it. Best saved for when you go up against bosses or are in a tight spot as in save your ass move but it works well.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lukedfrt said:

Wow, really!? That's awesome, i loved that game so much.. But didn't wanna pay too much for the remaster :classic_laugh:

I was hanging on until it dropped below £10 (as I thought that was a fair price to play the campaign again), but now it's free: result! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Must admit I'm looking forward to trying the Storm Javelin on Anthem. Decided to start with the Ranger one for whilst I get used to the game but as you level up you can unlock the others.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:55 AM, Hughesy said:

I won’t touch Apex Legends unless they add solos, can’t be doing with randoms.

You'll like Anthem then as that can be played solo or as a group.

• Like 1

Totally different game mate, Apex is a battle Royale. I played the demo for Anthem and got bored fast. The future isn’t looking bright for BioWare, yet another game that has sold poorly and had low review scores.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Totally different game mate, Apex is a battle Royale. I played the demo for Anthem and got bored fast. The future isn’t looking bright for BioWare, yet another game that has sold poorly and had low review scores.

I wouldn't say that just yet as Anthem's selling quite well atm according to the charts. Whilst I admit I'm not really into MMO's and I don't see myself coming back to the game that often once I complete the story like I do with the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games I am enjoying it. We'll just have to see how the sales in general go for this game before we can make any judgements on Bioware's future. But so far if the charts are accurate it's doing OK.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Dude it went up against Crackdown 3, hardly competition. Sales are bad and way below what EA expected.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/02/26/anthem-sales-ps4-xbox-pc/

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-25-anthem-physical-sales-half-mass-effect-andromeda

I think it comes down to whether EA sees a future for RPG's or not seeing as Bioware are their main RPG studio though. If they shut them down I have to admit I doubt I'll be buying many games in the future as Biowaer are the only ones who seem to be making games I enjoy atm. I may even end up quitting games altogether. So I hope they at least allow them to continue making games for the DA and ME series at least even If Anthem ends up being considered  a failure. Either way I think it's a matter of wait and see for now. But I admit I only really turned to Anthem myself due to the fact there's no new games really that I'm excited for or particularly wanting atm. Also none coming up  in the near future either. Also I thought Bioware's games aren't too hard to get to grips with and I generally do have fun with them so decided even though I'm not an MMO fan to give Anthem a shot. I'm kind of glad I did though as I quiet enjoyed it. But I have to admit I think a lot of this stuff is being caused by the let's hate on EA crowd rather than judging a game for what it is. Besides it's only been out 1 week so far so it's still too early to judge. Personally I feel that sometimes people are too harsh.

Edited by sjsharp2010
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Did some online racing in Pcars 2 last night with @RevolvingPrawn *Not that I’m bragging, but the first 6 races I won. I lost a few after that, the last race I was so tired, wearing VR when you’re tired is a weird experience. Weird becuse you feel like you’re actually driving and panic if your eyes start to shut.

Still, the first 6 races were unreal, I normally win 1 or 2, but to win 6 in a row was insane, expecting him to come back stronger next time we race.

*I am.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 2

Been following the development of this game for around 5 years. Finally out of Early Access and with over 3 million copies before the end of Early Access.

Also I really like that video... ❤️ 

• Like 2

On 3/3/2019 at 7:57 AM, Hughesy said:

Did some online racing in Pcars 2 last night with @RevolvingPrawn *Not that I’m bragging, but the first 6 races I won. I lost a few after that, the last race I was so tired, wearing VR when you’re tired is a weird experience. Weird becuse you feel like you’re actually driving and panic if your eyes start to shut.

Still, the first 6 races were unreal, I normally win 1 or 2, but to win 6 in a row was insane, expecting him to come back stronger next time we race.

*I am.

I need to pick it up at some point, enjoyed the first game.. Just never got round to the second!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lukedfrt said:

I need to pick it up at some point, enjoyed the first game.. Just never got round to the second!

Yeah I got the second one some time ago but not really got round to playing it. but maybe I might at some point this year as I'm thinking that a lot of this year will likely be spent working through my backlog seeing as there isn't any new games on my radar atm. But yeah the first P cars was good.

• Like 1

Almost there just got to go up one more level and then I can unlock my second Javelin on Anthem just got to level 7. I chose to start with the Ranger but I must admit I'm looking forward to unlocking the Storm one. I'm looking forward to unleashing it's elemental powers

• Like 1

Modern Warfare Remastered was available from the PS Store yesterday so I thought I'd start it downloading once I got home from work for a quick game before heading to bed: but then I found out the download is 75 GB! 

Hopefully it'll be finished downloading by tonight! 

• Like 2

Just Cause 4 was just added to Xbox Gamepass. Perfect timing as I need something dumb to play. Fortnite has got me all stressed, Revolving Prawn would tell you (not that he posts on here only via pms) that I dont really get angry in games. Well since Season 8 started I've only had 3 wins as suddenly everyone is a God.

I played 10 games today and only got 2 kills. I ended up getting so angry that I punched my sofa and somehow took the skin off my knuckles in doing so. I just dont get it, even on Switch the skill level or players has increased a lot

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Just Cause 4 was just added to Xbox Gamepass. Perfect timing as I need something dumb to play. Fortnite has got me all stressed, Revolving Prawn would tell you (not that he posts on here only via pms) that I dont really get angry in games. Well since Season 8 started I've only had 3 wins as suddenly everyone is a God.

I played 10 games today and only got 2 kills. I ended up getting so angry that I punched my sofa and somehow took the skin off my knuckles in doing so. I just dont get it, even on Switch the skill level or players has increased a lot

Maybe time to upgrade your weapons or something. I know you do need to do this from time to time in both MMO's and RPG's

• Like 1

Theres no such thing as upgrades, it's a battle royale, you find loot, you dont start with anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Theres no such thing as upgrades, it's a battle royale, you find loot, you dont start with anything.

Ah right can't say I know.  battle Royale  I only said that because in most MMO' s and RPG's that's how it's done in that you need to keep you're equipment up as high as possible in order to win

• Like 1

I enjoy Fortnite on Switch, purely because the players aren't as good as on PS4 :classic_laugh: But tbf, you still normally get that one guy in a game, who's an absolute beast!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lukedfrt said:

I enjoy Fortnite on Switch, purely because the players aren't as good as on PS4 :classic_laugh: But tbf, you still normally get that one guy in a game, who's an absolute beast!

Have you played much this season? Even on Switch the player level has shot up. All but one of my wins this season have been on Switch, but before I could get 10+ kills a game on Switch, but now I’m having to play smart and pick my battles. In terms of balance this is the best season yet, but man it’s hard out there.

The problem is so many people only play Fortnite, but I can’t do that. It’s also one of the only games where you can’t just jump back in and do well, it takes time to warm up again.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Finally starting to pop off, but then....

Couldn't paste my first tweet as it has swearing 

10 kills, gold ar, gold shotgun and gold SMG. 2 left, killed one but the storm was moving, thing is my brain somehow read it was coming my way, but it was going the other way, couldn't get in in time, before that I had full health and shields, last guy had 5

Tweet after is ok to post though

Edit: Its not ok as it links the tweet thread, so here's the rest of it.

That was the most comfortable and relaxed I've been at a end game, and yet my brain let's me down. Why am I the way I am😡🤬 #Fortnite

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 2

I've played a couple of games, think i'm up to level 6 on the battle pass.. I'm gonna have to smash it at some point, to get all the rewards :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Been having fun with one of my classic games Star Trek Voyager Elite force was a great little FPS back in the day. Still is good fun as well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Watch this clip, me doing solo squads, and I totally got these guys as the didnt know I was in a pyramid. Edited out and boom. I need to do this in solos more, as when in edit mode you can see out, doesn't show it in this clip as I had to go into replay mode to capture it, so i set player outlines to on.

@Lukedfrt Think I'm up to level 30 on the battle pass.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 2