The Game Thread!

Posted (edited)

@Hughesy, the green man in the video thumbnail above, looks a little bit like Buzz Lightyear, from the Disney Pixar Toy Story film series! 😂 🤣

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1
Additional information added.

Finished playing through the MW: Remastered campaign at the weekend. Although some elements of the gameplay seem rather basic now, I forgot just how good (and varied) the game was.

Definitely CoD at it's freshest and best!

• Like 2

Finally my 4th win this season. This was my first game of the day as was only meant to be a warm up. Pretty good warm up lol.

• Like 1

You could say I need a reliable squad to win the getaway mode in Fortnite. It's so frustrating as I play on my own agaisnt squads of 4. I do all the work, take multiple squads out which is amazing, I pickup the jewel, I then get to the van which I have to build up to and then of course my build gets shot down just before reaching the van.

Time to stop playing competitive online games for a while before my heart explodes, again that would probably happen just before reaching the van...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2019 at 12:39 AM, Hughesy said:

You could say I need a reliable squad to win the getaway mode in Fortnite. It's so frustrating as I play on my own agaisnt squads of 4. I do all the work, take multiple squads out which is amazing, I pickup the jewel, I then get to the van which I have to build up to and then of course my build gets shot down just before reaching the van.

Time to stop playing competitive online games for a while before my heart explodes, again that would probably happen just before reaching the van...

I'm in the same situation in Apex legends. When i join a random squad they would either drop into a hot zone and get killed straight away or go off on their own and expect the rest of team to revive them even if they are far away.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, couger1981 said:

I'm in the same situation in Apex legends. When i join a random squad they would either drop into a hot zone and get killed straight away or go off on their own and expect the rest of team to revive them even if they are far away.

makes me kind of glad I largely stick to single player games then

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

makes me kind of glad I largely stick to single player games then

Ha, was thinking exactly the same! 

• Like 2

If anyone is interested in building, crafting sort of games I highly recommend Satisfactory on the Epic store. It’s early access, yet doesn’t feel like it is. Runs, looks and plays great. There’s already so much content and depth, it only came out a few days ago. It’s better polished than most finished AAA games.

Theres no controller support yet, which such for me as I’m a sofa so using a keyboard and mouse isn’t so good.

• Like 1

VR is coming to No means Sky, I'm so excited! Ever since I got VR I've wanted to play this game in VR. Hopefully it uses motion sense as well so it tracks where your aiming the mining tool.

• Like 1

Didn't want to do this but I guess it can't be avoided any more now that Windows 7 support is ending but I've ordered a copy of Windows 10. I just hope I can find a workaround for the issues I was facing before. I have found one for one of the issues  I faced before but whether it works and whether I have others I'm not too sure  yet. I do have some ideas that may help but only time will tell if they actually work

• Like 1

Playing Fortnite on PC with mouse and keyboard at 144fps has made me a better Fortnite player even though  I only had the monitor for a day before it broke.

Tonight I'm playing it on Switch and have 3 wins in a row. That's more wins than I've had in over a week just in 3 games. Using a mouse has somehow made my aim better when going back to a controller. Luke why haven't we still not played it together lol. Mind you I'm not sure you'll want to play with me if you use your Switch and I'm on PC, but I would then just play the Switch version.

• Like 2

Next time i'm on i'll drop you a message on twitter haha! I haven't played it much for the last week tbf, for some reason i'm getting horrendous lag on it.. Not on any other games though :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

That's either the Switch struggling or server, make sure you have EU selected as the server to use. TBH I'm not happy playing it now, because they reverted to how the game was, so you donr get sheilds/health and mats per kill. This leads to people dying fast. Last night I traveled the whole width of the map and only won with 2 kills even though I didnt spend any time hide. So many die so fast now.

They only have Fortnite as it was before the patch in ranked arena mode. But that mode is impossible unless you're playing on PC, as every platform plays together even in solos.

• Like 2

I assume it's the Switch struggling, but i'll check the server later! Yeah, i've seen all over twitter that no one is happy with the changes :classic_laugh:.. God knows why they've done it!

• Like 1

Pretty sure it's the switch and a bad frame rate. I got wins on it last night but my eyes were hurting. Also if you see my angry tweet last night you'll know how much I hate the changes.

Got my new monitor now, playing Fortnite at 240fps is amazing.

• Like 2

So close to clicking buy with this DLC.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Hughesy Good idea playing Boarderland 2 before #3 comes out, im grabbing it on steam soon 🙂

Awesome trailer tho for Borderlands 2 

Edited by couger1981
  • Like 2

You're stalking me:classic_tongue:

We also get a free update for the first Borderlands on PC soon. Borderlands 2 is the best in the series. Playing it on my 240hz monitor is insane, but I have one issue. No Vsync, totally uncapped framerate, yet its not maxing my GPU usage and it only sits at 120fps. That's still ok, but nowhere near what it could be. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, couger1981 said:

@Hughesy Good idea playing Boarderland 2 before #3 comes out, im grabbing it on steam soon 🙂

Awesome trailer tho for Borderlands 2 

I heard a little rumour that Borderlansd 3 might be an Epic games stoer exclusive so you may not be able to get it from Steam

• Like 1

Couldn't care less if it's on Steam or not tbh. I'm a adult, not a man child like the vocal people who are like if it's not on Steam I'm not buying it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Couldn't care less if it's on Steam or not tbh. I'm a adult, not a man child like the vocal people who are like if it's not on Steam I'm not buying it.

I agree I'm just pointing out that it may not be being sold on Steam. I'don't think I'll necessarily buy it as I don't think it's my type of game but that's just me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Well to be honest considering all of my 2 (unused luckily!) Epic accounts have been compromised already, so touching anything Epic has done is not really ideal to me... It's unfair to call everyone a manchild for reasons that are quite decent, such as... well losing accounts to hackers in 2 different incidents...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do you have two factor security setup? If not then you should have. Also people tend to use easy passwords as they are easy to type, Epic is no less secure than Steam. Personally I think people are being man childs if they will only buy a game if it's on Steam. Once you're in a game it really doesnt change a thing which store it uses.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Do you have two factor security setup? If not then you should have. Also people tend to use easy passwords as they are easy to type, Epic is no less secure than Steam. Personally I think people are being man childs if they will only buy a game if it's on Steam. Once you're in a game it really doesnt change a thing which store it uses.

I don't believe this was a thing back when Epic's stuff got hacked in 2016 at least. The attack resulted in the exposure of 530k accounts including usernames, email addresses and salted MD5 hashes of passwords.

It also seems that last security breach seems to be from January 2019?

One of those accounts is still mine and I still get emails about unsuccessful login attempts, which is great to read considering it's even more clutter to my emails.

Edited by UP100
  • Like 1