The Game Thread!

5 hours ago, Hughesy said:

I know, I know, triple post but nobody visits here anymore so I'm basically talking to myself. This is the first time I've tried recording VR. Didn't know this at the time, but it basically records the view just from the left lens/my left eyes perspective which is why it's off centre. Not great driving, but it's been a while and I feel like **** today. Had to compress this a lot so the quality is terrible as Codemasters are stingy and only allow 48mb videos.

I still visit in fact jus tbought a couple of games myself a Forza bundle on the Microsoft Store as I got Forza Motorsport 7 and Horizon 3 for about £40 and I treated myself to a new Snooker game Snooker 19 on Steam which looks quiet good fun.

• Like 3

I know, I know, triple post but nobody visits here anymore so I'm basically talking to myself. This is the first time I've tried recording VR. Didn't know this at the time, but it basically records the view just from the left lens/my left eyes perspective which is why it's off centre. Not great driving, but it's been a while and I feel like **** today. Had to compress this a lot so the quality is terrible as Codemasters are stingy and only allow 48mb videos.

Le Mans Bugatti layout by the looks of it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Spent 5 hours in F1 with @RevolvingPrawn last night. Only 1 track was I dominant, the French GP. It's funny as he chose the track and I said I was going to suck, but my setup was just pure gold. I've never had a car in F1 just feel so balanced and planted.

Didnt get to sleep until 2am and then my dogs woke me up at 7am wanting their breakfast. No idea why the site has rotated the image but whatever lol.

20190421_075848.jpg

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 2

I must say that Snooker 19 is tempting me, especially as it's on Switch.

I'm currently playing Zelda BOTW, which is absolutely insane.. easily in my top 5 games of all time!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

I must say that Snooker 19 is tempting me, especially as it's on Switch.

I'm currently playing Zelda BOTW, which is absolutely insane.. easily in my top 5 games of all time!

Yeah I picked it up as an early birthday treat to myself not played it yet but I must admit it looks good considering the type4s of tournaments you can play and the career mode given it's al been officially licensed. It looks like it plays a bit like the old WSC real type games whicfh I really enjoyed back when they were around. Looking forward to playing it and Forza7 which I recently got as well. I planned to get Forza 7 for my birthday but got it a bit early as it was on a sale in that I could pick it and Horizon 3 up together for £40 so thought that was a bargain. Again not played the Forza's either yet but looking forward to it. I plan to really soon though but I want to finish another game I've got on the go first before I do. As I'm busy test driving Mass  Effect Andromeda on Windows 10 atm  must admit though that this has been my smoothest run of MEA so far as I've not run into any graphical glitches at all yet at least not to the severity I have on Windows 7.

• Like 2

Anybody here getting Days Gone? I'm probably gonna wait for a price drop, but it looks really good.

There's too many games coming out, and not enough time in the day to play them! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Lukedfrt said:

Anybody here getting Days Gone? I'm probably gonna wait for a price drop, but it looks really good.

There's too many games coming out, and not enough time in the day to play them! :classic_laugh:

No it's not really a game that interests me the only big thing I'm looking forward to atm is the Halo Master Chief Collection on PC as I'd love to play it with a mouse and keyboard. Just waiting on the release dates for that. Either way these games along with Shadow of the Tomb Raider's DLC's should keep me occupied for a while given I've not played the DLC's for Shadow yet. I've played the main game just not the DLC's yet.

Edited by sjsharp2010
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sjsharp2010 said:

No it's not really a game that interests me the only big thing I'm looking forward to atm is the Halo Master Chief Collection on PC as I'd love to play it with a mouse and keyboard. Just waiting on the release dates for that. Either way these games along with Shadow of the Tomb Raider's DLC's should keep me occupied for a while given I've not played the DLC's for Shadow yet. I've played the main game just not the DLC's yet.

You don't have a PS4 do you? lol so of course it wouldn't interest you.:classic_tongue:

@Lukedfrt I'm going to wait for reviews, maybe get it when it's cheaper.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hughesy said:

You don't have a PS4 do you? lol so of course it wouldn't interest you.:classic_tongue:

@Lukedfrt I'm going to wait for reviews, maybe get it when it's cheaper.

No I don't have a PS4 but that doesn't mean that there isn't games for it that might have caught my eye Horizon Zero Dawn for example certainly did and I would have been tempted had it not been an exclusive. Unfortunately by the time that came along I'd already chosen the XB1 for this gen. Had I been asked now however I might have been tempted by the PS4 given Halo is about to be released to PC and everything. But in these circumstances you make the choice based on what info you have at the time.

• Like 1

Just started playing Doom again. Nightmare graphics settings and getting a solid 200fps, It's insane the difference it makes even compared to 60fps. I wish more games were as well optimised as Doom, especially  when using Vulcan API. I also wish devs would stop using DX11 and 12, as they suck compared to Vulcan, Microsoft did a terrible job with DX12. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Just started playing Doom again. Nightmare graphics settings and getting a solid 200fps, It's insane the difference it makes even compared to 60fps. I wish more games were as well optimised as Doom, especially  when using Vulcan API. I also wish devs would stop using DX11 and 12, as they suck compared to Vulcan, Microsoft did a terrible job with DX12. 

Well I think it might depend on the game as I'm finding DX12 is workin better with ME Andromeda for example than DX11 ever did given I got lots of screen flickering and gamepla yslowdown in bus yareas like the Nexus or Aya. Whereas now since I've upgraded to Windows 10 it's running pretty smooth. I still get a little bit of a screen freeze when I first boot the game up but once it's got up and running after a few seconds it's usually fine.

MEA is DX11 only though, it doesn't use DX12 api...

MEA is DX11 only though, it doesn't use DX12 api...

Well it seems to be running far better on Windows 10 than it eve rdid on 7 and I haven't changed my hardware so do you have another explanation?

Just had myfirst go at Snooker 19 tricky little game but it's fun so far. Had my first career mode match after having a practice game and ended up with Judd Trump as my first opponent. Nothing quite like being thrown in the deep end eh? Thankfully I did manage to win 1 frame but lost the match 2-1

Got off to a good start on my Forza careers though last night. Won a few races and a championship as well so I'm off to a good start there at least

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, MAILITY said:
neither have I but then that's mostly down to watching some of my DVD's lately I tend to focus on one thing at a time till I finish recently got Battlefield 4 and Crysis 1 and 3 though I'd already got Crysis 2 so don't need to worry about that one Looking forward to playing them. But then I'm looking to install an SSD into my new PC first before I get stuck in as I was going to reprogram Windows and some games onto the SSD anyway

Welcome to the off-topic forums! You were able to find something to comment on that is now exactly 5 years old 😛

On 5/1/2019 at 8:57 PM, sjsharp2010 said:

Just had myfirst go at Snooker 19 tricky little game but it's fun so far. Had my first career mode match after having a practice game and ended up with Judd Trump as my first opponent. Nothing quite like being thrown in the deep end eh? Thankfully I did manage to win 1 frame but lost the match 2-1

Oh my god it's out? ...I need money... Well I mean I want to try it at least at some point.

The generic question: Do you like it?

Edited by UP100
Forgot the :P
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Watching the World Championship for the last couple of weeks has made me really want to buy Snooker 19 haha, but i've got too many games on the go!

I bought Assetto Corsa Competizione today, it's not fully released until the end of the month but I couldn't wait any longer. VR needs some work so I'm just using my monitor for now, one issue is you cant control all the menus with a wheel, so you need to use a mouse, problem is in VR the mouse cursor doesnt show up lol.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 8:27 AM, UP100 said:

Welcome to the off-topic forums! You were able to find something to comment on that is now exactly 5 years old 😛

Oh my god it's out? ...I need money... Well I mean I want to try it at least at some point.

The generic question: Do you like it?

Yeah I do it plays a lot like the old Blade Interactive games in terms of the controls. The only thing I haven't mastered yet is the pace of the table and all that but I think that will come with practice and more time with the game, and getting a kinder draw than Judd Trump in my opening round. 😛

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2019 at 3:10 PM, Lukedfrt said:

Watching the World Championship for the last couple of weeks has made me really want to buy Snooker 19 haha, but i've got too many games on the go!

Yeah I didn't watch this year bu tthat's mostly due to being busy with other things. I haven't got a lo tof games on the go but I have got several in my backlog I want to get through but hopefully given it doesn't look like ther is a lot of games that hav emy attention I can get through some of them. The only big thing on my radar is the PC release of  the Halo MCC as I'm looking forward to playing it on mouse and keyboard. I must admit though although I want to finish careers I have on the go on the otherF1 games 2019 is looking pretty awesome I'm really impressed by the graphics.  It's really tempting me anyway. I still probably won't get it at launch but now I'm thinking I'm not ruling getting it at some point because it does look really impressive. I' ,not too sure about the use of the TV HUD graphics as that could be a touch distracting but the rest looks really nice

Edited by sjsharp2010

Carefui CM people might start comparing you with EA with you releasing games this fast. 😛 But seriously first we get the new Dirt Rally game then F1 2019 and now a new Grid. It's all looking rather tasty. Whilst I've not go tDirt Rally 2 and am in 2 minds over F1 2019 atm I'm definitely tempted by the new Grid. I recently started a new playthrough on Autosport but yeah that was before I heard this announcement.

1 hour ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Carefui CM people might start comparing you with EA with you releasing games this fast. 😛 But seriously first we get the new Dirt Rally game then F1 2019 and now a new Grid. It's all looking rather tasty. Whilst I've not go tDirt Rally 2 and am in 2 minds over F1 2019 atm I'm definitely tempted by the new Grid. I recently started a new playthrough on Autosport but yeah that was before I heard this announcement.

I'm currently thinking I may go and get GRID19 on Day 1 as a physical DVD copy (partly because the box art is ❤️ and because the DVD copies are usually 5 to 20e cheaper than the digital Steam one)

I really liked Autosport considering it was done in about a year, so I'm having high hopes for this one. Well at least I'll have a nice "arcadish" game with good graphics for the future.

4 hours ago, UP100 said:

I'm currently thinking I may go and get GRID19 on Day 1 as a physical DVD copy (partly because the box art is ❤️ and because the DVD copies are usually 5 to 20e cheaper than the digital Steam one)

I really liked Autosport considering it was done in about a year, so I'm having high hopes for this one. Well at least I'll have a nice "arcadish" game with good graphics for the future.

Yeah Autosport is probably my favourite Grid. I'm no tsuch a bi gfan of 2 because the cars are as drifty as hell that it's difficult to control them properly and the career mode is a bit short but Autosport with all the various track layouts and various disciplines and competitions is always fun to play. Open Wheel, Touring and Endurance I always have fun with those disciplines. I quite enjoy the Time Attacks but not so much the drifting events in Tuner and the street ones aren't really my favourite. I still enjoy racing them but I do find the tracks a bit tight in trying to get moves done. I did enjoy the original Grid but I also found it tricky in places. I may get a disc copy but it depends on whether the Ultimate edition is available on disc as that'll likely be he one I'll want to get otherwise I may just get it straight from Steam. Still I've got the Forza games I bought myself keeping me occupied for now racing wise so I'm in no rush.

• Agree 1

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/2565275416677184326

Steam trying something new. Announcement of the Top Steam Releases of April 2019 which includes a lot of nice games. I'd suggest you guys to check it out and maybe you'll find a new game to play. I'm tempted myself, but I think I'll research the price of GRID19 in my local stores and such to at least have money to buy that eventually 😉