The Game Thread!

Posted (edited)

Still not sure what Grid will be. I'm hoping it falls into the same category as F1, whilst not a full blown sim, enough to make it feel real. But I've been looking at this wheel for hours today and yesterday, I have the money to buy it. I want to replace my T500rs I've had for years. I'm trying to sim race more even though my medical condition messes me up so I have to force myself to race, with the ultimate goal to get back into iracing 

D7cBrAAWkAAxR2m.jpg

It's that or go with another Thrustmaster wheel. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-TS-PC-Racer-Racing-Wheel/dp/B01MXV32EQ

Edited by Hughesy

Well I just went ahead and bought the wheel, over £500 lol, probably sell my T500rs wheel and F1 rim once its here.

• Like 2

Seeing that wheel on twitter over the weekend has really made me want one :classic_laugh: Especially now that i have PCars 2!

• Like 1

It's awesome bud, in F1 alone I started to lap a second faster just because the FFB is smoother and more detailed. I do miss some of the buttons my Thrustmaster F1 rim has like the 2 rotary dials, but I'm probably going to get more rims in the future. 

Not sure what to do with the T500rs, either keep it as a spare incase this wheel goes wrong, or sell it. 

• Like 1

Can't remember the last time I was excited by a new CoD game. Fingers crossed this doesn't suck. 

• Like 1

That trailer got me pumped! Only COD game i've enjoyed in the last 5 years was the WWII one, but i think this will top that.

1 hour ago, Lukedfrt said:

That trailer got me pumped! Only COD game i've enjoyed in the last 5 years was the WWII one, but i think this will top that.

I am still yet to play that! Is it worth a look? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I am still yet to play that! Is it worth a look? 

If you can pick it up fairly cheap then i recommend it! Campaign was good fun, Zombies and online are about the usual you'd expect.

• Like 1

Since getting my new wheel I've had to keep turning the difficulty up. Was on 86, now on 95 and will be going higher than that. It's crazy how much faster I am with this new wheel.

Also did my first GT Sport online race with it, qualified first by miles. In the race I made one small mistake dipping a wheel on the grass which cost me the win. It was only a 5 lap race, but 3rd was 14 seconds behind lol. Definitely doing more online races tonight. Want to get better racing people before I sub to iracing.

• Like 1

Little bit late with the COD stuff, but it looks promising 🙂 Let's just hope it won't become Adults Only as then they have to tone it down 😕 

9 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Little bit late with the COD stuff, but it looks promising 🙂 Let's just hope it won't become Adults Only as then they have to tone it down 😕 

Since the campaigns are really short I don' ttemnd to pick up the COD' sand Battlefields until they're really cheap tbh. I recently picked up Mortal Kombat's 10 and 11 so #I'm looking forward to playing those eventually as I did quiet enjoy Mk 9 and I've always kind of liked the MK series

Posted (edited)

Have this mad idea of making my own F1/racing game inspired by the ones on PS1. The concept I have for it is putting in loads of features not found in like, any racing game ever (pre-qualifying, in and off-season testing, driver injuries, wild damage model, customisable rules and regs among other things) while ripping off a bunch of other games (like stat building in XCOM/management sims, the look of those PS1 F1 games, namely 97) So it's basically "What if Formula 1 '97, but more?" and partially answering that with a little bit of Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series.

My issue is not really knowing where to start. I could totally use Unity because BallisticNG, a Wipeout clone and one of the games I've played recently that's not too far off my concept, was made using it. I suppose what I need to do is construct a little prototype or demo; one track with the base features and assets, but it'll take some time for me to actually learn how to do all this.

Yeah, add that to the list of projects I'll never finish. 

Edited by Mexicola

Posted (edited)

@Mexicola

Long time no see. That sounds like an awesome idea! I have no experience in making games, but I'd happily beta test it for you if you ever try to do it.

Just joined iRacing, racing the MX5 at the moment which feels weird because of the rim I'm using, excuse to get another rim? Lol.

Edited by Hughesy

Have to post again. I just raced the real Ricky Collard in iracing. He was miles faster but it was cool to be in a race with a real racer 

IMG_-ooswuh.jpg

• Like 1

EA play starts today will be interesting to see what they do with Fifa 20 now that the Journey is finished. Personally if it were me I'd go with either another story mode or expand the womens side of the game as I'd love to be able to do something like play a league or something with the womens teams because atm all we have is the cup tournament mode or friendlies with them. I've heard rumours tha t hey'er considering a FIFA street option but tbh that wouldn't interest me. I think if there isn't anything significant though from a single player perspective then I'll skip 20.

Oh neat, a games thread 🙂

Obligatory "you all need to play Nier: Automata" comment.*

*No seriously, it's brilliant on so many levels.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

The PS+ games are actually decent this month :classic_biggrin: 

They are, but I already have them lol.

Who here wishes Codemasters would jump on the cross-play train? We'd finally all be able to race each other. It was cool when a few of us raced GT Sport together as we were all pretty close in terms of pace.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hughesy said:

They are, but I already have them lol.

Who here wishes Codemasters would jump on the cross-play train? We'd finally all be able to race each other. It was cool when a few of us raced GT Sport together as we were all pretty close in terms of pace.

Yep, would be quality to get a good few of us on F1 game!

Just out of interest, what difficulty does everyone race on? I've just moved up to 96 on career mode, but i think that's the limit for me haha

Posted (edited)

96 is also where I'm at.

Just bought a new rim so that I can use my wheel on Xbox, it's the cheapest rim so its not super fancy, but still over 150 euros.

Edit: Sweet, it's coming this Friday, Fanatec have really upped their shipping game, used to take weeks to get orders lol.

CSL-Elite-RP1X-Big_01-1000x666.png.8efa26f743d405acbef85dee351bc2fd.png

CSL-Elite-RP1X-Big_10-1000x666.jpg

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

Xbox/PC gamers, a heads up on this since it'll probably expire soon:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-11-you-can-covert-xbox-live-gold-and-game-pass-subs-into-ultimate-for-cheap

This morning I bought a few years of Xbox Live Gold (Xbox is my main console anyway and I play a lot of Multiplayer), then £1 of Game Pass Ultimate and now I have Game Pass Ultimate until 2022 😎

• Like 1

@PJTierney Thanks for the heads up, just did the same but only 24 months as I've spent so much in the last few months as people could gather from my posts lol.