The Game Thread!

You’re all set for whatever games Xbox studios release in the future then, “free” Gears, Forza, Halo etc., the deal pays for itself after a while 🙂

• Like 1

Yep, I already had the standard gamepass which is unbelievable value, currently have 60 games installed on my Xbox One X because of it and had to buy an external drive. But this new offer was too good to pass up as I split my time between Xbox and PC:classic_biggrin:

Microsoft started poorly this gen, but have finished so much stronger. Even though I'm kinda back to PC gaming, I'll no doubt get the new Xbox when its released.

Haven't had much time for gaming the last month, but have been playing a bit of Sonic Mania (currently free on PSN) and getting a lot of nostalgic vibes from it!

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Haven't had much time for gaming the last month, but have been playing a bit of Sonic Mania (currently free on PSN) and getting a lot of nostalgic vibes from it!

Nice was thinking of getting that myself at some point.

Posted (edited)

Must admit driver transfers being in F1 2019 is a big shock. A very crafty move from CM to just throw it in there

Edited by sjsharp2010

Still no VR though. I'm glad I'm only paying a euro for it due to the wheel I bought. I'm fed up with them ignoring VR, next year I just won't buy it unless they add support for it.

5 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Still no VR though. I'm glad I'm only paying a euro for it due to the wheel I bought. I'm fed up with them ignoring VR, next year I just won't buy it unless they add support for it.

Yeah I'm not going to be buying it at launch either as I don't think the changes are significant enough for me to buy full price. I've still got careers on the other games to finish too so I'll focus on them as I still have careers on 16, 17 and 18 I want to  finish first. I admit I like the driver transfers and the F2 storyline bit at the beginning of career and the addition of F2 in general but I don't feel it's worth paying full price for when I don't spend as much time playing these games as I used to. I still  play them and like them I just tend to lean towards other games these days.

Posted (edited)

Racing in VR is such a game changer. When you haven't used it it's ok as you dont know what you're missing. Every racing sim that comes out on PC has VR support, but Codemasters are lagging behind, its shocking that the official F1 game, the so called pinnacle of motorsport doesn't have VR.

Last night I did an hour long race on iRacing in VR. It was in GT3 cars at Imola, for the full hour I was battling with someone for 3rd place. I came 4th by 2 tenths, but it was the most fun I've had racing. Then this morning I played F1, and it just felt dull playing on a flat screen.

I do love the F1 games, as long as I haven't used VR for like a week lol.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Racing in VR is such a game changer. When you haven't used it it's ok as you dont know what you're missing. Every racing sim that comes out on PC has VR support, but Codemasters are lagging behind, its shocking that the official F1 game, the so called pinnacle of motorsport doesn't have VR.

Last night I did an hour long race on iRacing in VR. It was in GT3 cars at Imola, for the full hour I was battling with someone for 3rd place. I came 4th by 2 tenths, but it was the most fun I've had racing. Then this morning I played F1, and it just felt dull playing on a flat screen.

I do love the F1 games, as long as I haven't used VR for like a week lol.

Yeah I don't use it mainly because I can't afford it. But then I don't use cockpit view either so I'm not sure I'd really benefit. I do like the new features and I think the driver transfers along with the rule change system they introduced last year in 2018 will make career modes on 2019 very interesting to play for the full 10 seasons. My problem is trying to find the time to really experience and enjoy it. It's not that I don't like the features it's more there aren't enough hours in the day. If I do get it before I finish my other careers though it's likely I'll just stick to the F2 mode until I'm ready. But that'll only likely happen if it ends up on a Steam sale or something. I think the fact they added driver transfers as well as F2 has made it a buy me game eventually for me just not quite a full price one considering I don't spend the time I used to playing these days like I did back when the series started with F1 2010  

I think this years will be the first F1 game i've purchased on release since probably 2013!

I really enjoyed last years, and with the F2 inclusion this time i think i'll pump some serious hours into it. Only just found out about the driver changes too, which is a massive difference!

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Lukedfrt said:

I think this years will be the first F1 game i've purchased on release since probably 2013!

I really enjoyed last years, and with the F2 inclusion this time i think i'll pump some serious hours into it. Only just found out about the driver changes too, which is a massive difference!

Yeah that combined with the interviews and rule changes that were introduced last year will make the career very interesting to play. I'm definitely tempted to just say to hell with this and buy it but I've just got too much on with other stuff atm. Maybe it'll become too much to resist but I want to finish the careers on the other games first before I purchase and play around with this one.

Codemasters said with Dirt that they'll add VR if enough people ask for it, but to me it sounds like they don't have that type of money to implement it. It's rumored that PSVR might be getting onboard.

12 minutes ago, couger1981 said:

Codemasters said with Dirt that they'll add VR if enough people ask for it, but to me it sounds like they don't have that type of money to implement it. It's rumored that PSVR might be getting onboard.

It was confirmed ages ago that DiRT Rally 2.0 should be getting VR (Oculus) support. As far as I remember though, the developer of that feature is some third party 😕 

Yeah Dirt 2.0 is meant to be getting it in the summer, it's the summer now lol, but that is the reason I haven't bought it as I loved Dirt in VR.

They definitely have the money to make it, if teams like Slightly Mad and Kunos can afford to support it, then so can Codemasters. If they want to be taken seriously as a racing studio then they need to support VR. I'm sure the actual devs want to add it, but Codemasters were taken over a while back and it seems to me the owners are greedy types, they dont want to take the initial hit of more work with less profit, for future gains.

Racing is actually the easiest type of game to develop VR for. The only challenge is getting the HUD right, but Codemasters F1 games dont have a lot of elements like a full on sim like iracing, so even that wouldnt be too hard.

• Agree 1

Vettel must really hate Canada now 😛 He's jus tDNF'd ther on one of my career modes

Strange that the disc copy of F1 2019 is cheaper than direct through Steam. Was thinking I might go disc this time as the last disc I got was 2017 so with interviews rule changes F2 and driver transfers all been added to the game since 2017 I'm tempted to go with the disc version given it may take a while to download. Was thinking I might pick up the Moto GP game up too as I'm quite impressed by the graphics on the new one.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Loving F1 19 even though no VR. The FFB feels even better than last year and the lighting is a huge improvement. 

Also I'm watching a guy I sub to stream it, when someone asks me in the chat if I'm Hughesy from the Codemasters forum lol. That guy was @Juice29 I'm famous now lads :classic_cool:

Some of the curbs are dangerous though which were fine to ride on in 18, but you get used to it. I'm using difficulty 95 but in Q1 I'm a second faster than my team mate. I'll see what happens in the race, but I might up it to 100.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Loving F1 19 even though no VR. The FFB feels even better than last year and the lighting is a huge improvement. 

Also I'm watching a guy I sub to stream it, when someone asks me in the chat if I'm Hughesy from the Codemasters forum lol. That guy was @Juice29 I'm famous now lads :classic_cool:

Some of the curbs are dangerous though which were fine to ride on in 18, but you get used to it. I'm using difficulty 95 but in Q1 I'm a second faster than my team mate. I'll see what happens in the race, but I might up it to 100.

Yeah I was planning on holding off but in the end decided to buy it on disc from Amazon as it's cheaper than getting it from Steam I haven't played it yet but I've heard the AI are tougher and more aggressive this year. I'll still hold off on playing it until I'm finished my other careers but I thought that at least if I have it I can stil lboot it up and just stick with F2 until I'm ready. I'm looking forward to trying my hand at F2 anyway so I've  the new F1 and the new Moto GP games on their way to me. As for watching streamers I sometimes watch people playing games on Mixer mostly games I play or have played though. Lately I've been watching people playing the Tomb Raiders 

Well I'll find out what they are like in the race, but I've now set it to 98 which is higher than I had it in last years game. This game was tuned for my wheel as it was a partnership between F1/Codemasters and Fanatec, so that is helping me.

• Like 1

Seeing everyone playing it has really tempted me now :classic_laugh: Think i shall definitely pick it up Monday or Tuesday!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lukedfrt said:

Seeing everyone playing it has really tempted me now :classic_laugh: Think i shall definitely pick it up Monday or Tuesday!

Yeah seeing Aarava's vids and that ultimately is what swung me. I was still sceptical until I heard about the addition of driver transfers but once I heard that drivers can move teams and even retire and be replaced by F2 drivers I was sold.  The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the new HUD as I think that's going to be tricky to read at a glance. It's OK for TV even though I didn't like it there either but I don't think it'll work too well on a game. I've not played it yet so can't speak from experience but from what I've seen Codies would have been better sticking to their own HUD

The hud is fine, hadn't even noticed it was different tbh.

4 hours ago, Hughesy said:

The hud is fine, hadn't even noticed it was different tbh.

Yeah they rtied to use a more official TV graphics style I just don't think I like the style of it much tbh.

Loving F12019 so far, though the car performance needs an update...my Toro Rosso is way too slow 😛

2 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

Loving F12019 so far, though the car performance needs an update...my Toro Rosso is way too slow 😛

There is a car performance update incoming I think CM are just getting the launch period over with first. I haven't played it yet but I'm looking forward to giving F2 a go when I do. I won't be touching career yet mainly because I want to finish careers on the older games first that I have on the go as I have careers on the go on 16, 17 and 18 and I want oat least finish one of those before I get one started up on 19. I'd say 16 is the one I'll likely finish first mainly because once you've unlocked al the upgrades there's nothing more to do in it. Whereas in 17 you have the classic car events and in 2018 with the rule changes you'll always need to earn points to keep your upgrades up to scratch so at least with 17, 18 and 19 also with the driver transfers the games always kept fresh.

• Like 1