Jump to content

The Game Thread!

Recommended Posts

Must the Moto GP 19 game is a bit easy I've got the AI cranked up to 70 and I'm still beating it. The graphics are really nice but the AI is somewhat  slow I expected more speed  so either I'm better at bike racing games than I thought or this game is easy although I'll admit I've only been racing rookies cup races so far. Maybe it'll get tougher once I go up the order

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had my first go at the new F1 game only played a couple of practice races  and started an F2 season but the graphics are looking really stupendous for the most part this year. Bahrain's night lighting is really good. Looking forward to doing some more but want to finish my other careers first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that I've found difficult in the new game is getting my setups right, I'm normally good at tuning but it's taken a while but I've started to crack it. Some of you may know in previous games you could exploit setups by using the ballast setting, so you could run low wings but still get good grip and balance.

 

Ballast is no longer in the game which is good imo. At Baku I did 30 laps in practice trying to tune a setup and then boom I had it, I was suddenly 6 tenth faster than my best lap and around my team mates time, felt so good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished a 50% race at Canada and came 2nd in my McLaren as I'm so good there, just as I finished the game crashed, I hadn't done any mid race saves so it's all gone, I did this even though I have a really bad wrist. I hate Codemasters right now, useless, Codemasters my ass 

20190704_002205.jpg

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

Just finished a 50% race at Canada and came 2nd in my McLaren as I'm so good there, just as I finished the game crashed, I hadn't done any mid race saves so it's all gone, I did this even though I have a really bad wrist. I hate Codemasters right now, useless, Codemasters my ass 

20190704_002205.jpg

it's been happening t oa fwe people I had trouble booting i tup at first when I installed it but thanks to @Faya I found a fix that got it working though I've not had it cras hon me yet bu tthen I've not played career yet. I've mostl yeither been diong sprint races or the F2. I d oplan on starting a career eventually just not yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm now going to save every 10 laps or so just in case it happens again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it was meant to be PES 19 but at the last minute switched it for Detroit BH. I hate the guy who created it as he's full of himself, but i'll probably still play it when I have time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Yeah it was meant to be PES 19 but at the last minute switched it for Detroit BH. I hate the guy who created it as he's full of himself, but i'll probably still play it when I have time.

Yeah I've heard it's coming to PC I may consider getting it when it does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hughesy said:

I'm now going to save every 10 laps or so just in case it happens again.

Good idea I must admit I'm finding F2 a lot of fun on it. I'll probably start my 2019 career when I've finished my 2016 career I have on the go as I'll likely only be doing another season or 2 on that one as I'm running out of upgrades to purchase now on that career and generally I end my careers on that when I run out. At least they got it right with 2018/19 with the rule changes as that definitely keeps it fresh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Detroit BH is a good free game, but i was really looking forward to trying PES! :classic_sad: Have they said why they changed it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so angry about the crash after the race I woke up at 6am to redo the race lol.

No they gave no reason bud. I already have it on Xbox with gamepass, I dont remember Sony ever doing this before so it's a bit strange.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

Detroit BH is a good free game, but i was really looking forward to trying PES! :classic_sad: Have they said why they changed it? 

All I know is that it's most likely Sony instead of KONAMI as KONAMI still gave out stuff that were meant for the new players and they had some limitations in place for the matchmaking.

Sad really...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must admit driving the F2 cars in intermediate conditions is a real challenge Codies did that very well. Very slippery especially considering they have less downforce and F2 doesn't have intermediate tyres As I had a wet race in Hungary and it was especially slippery around the longer corners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

Detroit BH is a good free game, but i was really looking forward to trying PES! :classic_sad: Have they said why they changed it? 

Think it might have something to do with the negative reaction they got on social media, with heaps of people saying "Who plays soccer these days" and "A bad lineup this month".

I was going to buy this game last month glad it didn't lol, loving the graphics though it looks great on a PS4 pro.

Edited by couger1981

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, couger1981 said:

Think it might have something to do with the negative reaction they got on social media, with heaps of people saying "Who plays soccer these days" and "A bad lineup this month".

I was going to buy this game last month glad it didn't lol, loving the graphics though it looks great on a PS4 pro.

Yeah maybe, people are always moaning on Facebook when the games get announced every month haha.. It's rare Sony get praised for their choices :classic_laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, couger1981 said:

Think it might have something to do with the negative reaction they got on social media, with heaps of people saying "Who plays soccer these days" and "A bad lineup this month".

I was going to buy this game last month glad it didn't lol, loving the graphics though it looks great on a PS4 pro.

People say that every month though about PS+ games 😂

Sony signed a deal with EA for Fifa, so maybe it looked bad to EA if Sony were giving PES exposure.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after going back to using my Astro A50 headset I now have buyers remorse for the Steelseries Pro gamedac. The gamedac selling point is high res audio, but games dont use high res audio, only certain music and movies do, so you never have that enabled when playing games. 

 

The A50s are just better throughout the whole audio spectrum. The only thing that sucks is the battery life of my current ones as they are old. Kinda hoping during the Amazon sale later this month the newer version of A50s go on sale. Steelseries pro are still amazing, its just that the A50s are on another level, especially if you buy Dolby Atmos headphone key to use on Xbox and PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hughesy said:

So after going back to using my Astro A50 headset I now have buyers remorse for the Steelseries Pro gamedac. The gamedac selling point is high res audio, but games dont use high res audio, only certain music and movies do, so you never have that enabled when playing games. 

 

The A50s are just better throughout the whole audio spectrum. The only thing that sucks is the battery life of my current ones as they are old. Kinda hoping during the Amazon sale later this month the newer version of A50s go on sale. Steelseries pro are still amazing, its just that the A50s are on another level, especially if you buy Dolby Atmos headphone key to use on Xbox and PC.

I bought the Amazon generic Jeecoo headset for PC but the bass is too heavy as there isn't a way to control it, So what are the Astros like nowadays i had a pair awhile back think there were the gamer designed model but they were uncomfortable. May look at buying another pair if i see them on sale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Astro model did you have? The A50s are super comfortable and probably the best gaming headset you can buy. A40s are a cheaper version of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hughesy said:

What Astro model did you have? The A50s are super comfortable and probably the best gaming headset you can buy. A40s are a cheaper version of them.

I bought them about 5 years or more don't have them anymore. They were cheap on special, think it was the first of the A40s and we both know the A40 got better over time with build quality and comfort level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh right. The only thing that worries me about Astro is they are now owned by Logitech, they make terrible headsets, so the next version of the A50s could be rubbish, but the current ones are awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Oh right. The only thing that worries me about Astro is they are now owned by Logitech, they make terrible headsets, so the next version of the A50s could be rubbish, but the current ones are awesome.

I looked at the prices over here for the A50s and there about $350 so i might hang back and wait to see if they go on sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, they are very expensive, but well worth it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently playing Motorsport Manager in the Switch, it's the perfect game for handheld mode! Only cost me £4.50 thanks to my Nintendo Gold points as well, i love that Nintendo give you them as a reward still :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×