The Game Thread!

On 7/4/2019 at 11:04 AM, couger1981 said:

PS+ store has Detroit become human for free.

I have added it to my library, but I already have a list of PS+ games to work through! I have heard good things about it though, so I need to get round to it sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I have added it to my library, but I already have a list of PS+ games to work through! I have heard good things about it though, so I need to get round to it sooner rather than later. 

Yeah apparently it's getting released on PC soon.

• Like 1

Managed to get someone F1 racing in with Dave, but for me it was marred with the game freeze/lag I get in the game where it freezes for like .25- .50 of a second. But online it happened more often and had a huge impact, because online when it froze it froze my position so when it unfroze I'm further behind than I was before... This issue has been in the game for a few years for a lot of people but Codemasters have done or said F all about it and its making me angry....

So has anyone had any weird transfers in their careers yet? I've not started mine yet but I'm looking forward to seeing how mine plays out.

Posted (edited)

Nope, but then I've given up with the game after 60 hours as the stuttering/freezing issues is pissing me off too much to play it. Also Cocemasters just ruined the ai, they no longer fight you as idiots moaned they were too aggressive, so now it's boring.

Edited by Hughesy

19 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Nope, but then I've given up with the game after 60 hours as the stuttering/freezing issues is pissing me off too much to play it. Also Cocemasters just ruined the ai, they no longer fight you as idiots moaned they were too aggressive, so now it's boring.

I actually find them more aggressive after the patch as they were really bashing me around in Hungary but then that was in wet conditions so it might have been the improved wet pace just catching me out because in my first F2 championship they were really slow. Strange your suffering from stuttering as it's been running nice and smooth on my system and better than the last 2 games. I did suffer a lot of that on 2017 though although since I've switched from Windows 7 to 10 the stuttering seems to have gone.

I still haven't got round to buying it yet haha, i've just got too much to play atm.. I may wait for a price drop :classic_laugh:

7 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

I still haven't got round to buying it yet haha, i've just got too much to play atm.. I may wait for a price drop :classic_laugh:

I know what you mean I've still got a few games in my backlog that I'm still yet to play. I'm hoping to get to one or 2 of them soon though but I want to get a career underway on F1 2019 first because with careers I kind of let myself drift in and out of them because they can take a while to finish so  I kind of just do a season or 2 every now and then. I tend to do the same with Fifa as well but I plan to soon play Assassin's Creed Odyssey and the remake of Resident Evil 2 as I have those in my library but I also plan on playing Shadow of the TR again so I can play through the DLC's as I got the Croft Edition which gave me the season pass I just haven't got round to playing them. I've played the main game once but I thought I'd save the DLC's for a second run once they were all out and now they are I'd like to do them. I heard they were short but I thought the fact I'll be playing them together combined with the fact I'm quite a slow player anyway I don' think it will matter much. Plus with games I enjoy I tend to want to play more than once anyway and I have to admit I did enjoy my first run of Shadow. I am kind of intrigued by what kind of driver transfers I'll get though once I start on F1 2019

Someone I know has been given access to create custom matches in Fortnite, 2nd game I won and also watched the host fall to his death in front of me lol.

• Like 1

Just started my career on 2019 but I'm only at Australia but it's been interesting so far I joined Toro Rosso Butler's gone to Renault and Weber ended up at Alfa Romeo after I completed the F2 bit. Took a few attempts to do given the game chose to crash 3 times for some reason. I've only driven the first practice session so far but I' m hoping to get in and  do some proper racing later now that I'm back in familiar territory I did enjoy the F2 bit though and I'm looking forward taking on Butler and Weber in F1.

I've gotten addicted to Fallout Shelter again while on holidays in NZ. At this stage my partner has custody of my phone except when I'm needing it to send a text (which is what I told her I am doing while reading the CM forums LOL).

Posted (edited)

I finally have a team mate in Fortnite. First time playing together and we had 2 wins out of 13 games, not too bad, especially as I'm used to solos. He lives in your neck of the woods @Lukedfrt

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hughesy said:

I finally have a team mate in Fortnite. First time playing together and we had 2 wins out of 13 games, not too bad, especially as I'm used to solos. He lives in your neck of the woods @Lukedfrt

Fair play, i recognize him from twitter haha! Does he have an exquisite brummie accent? 

• Like 1

@Lukedfrt You can hear him in the clip, he's the one that is louder, not sure what is accent is. He was streaming that night, it's the only night of the week he streams. Its funny as a few days prior he killed me in a custom solo game and now we are team mates lol.

I thought I would be quiet and not say much as he was streaming, as I sometimes have a problem with my speech because of my condition, but it was cool and my speech was fine.

That game was probably the best I've played, Its not often I slay, partly due to skill, partly due to my condition affecting my hands, but for that game it was perfect even though we didnt win that round.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 2:00 PM, Hughesy said:

@Lukedfrt You can hear him in the clip, he's the one that is louder, not sure what is accent is. He was streaming that night, it's the only night of the week he streams. Its funny as a few days prior he killed me in a custom solo game and now we are team mates lol.

I thought I would be quiet and not say much as he was streaming, as I sometimes have a problem with my speech because of my condition, but it was cool and my speech was fine.

That game was probably the best I've played, Its not often I slay, partly due to skill, partly due to my condition affecting my hands, but for that game it was perfect even though we didnt win that round.

It's not a strong accent, so he's lucky :classic_laugh: that's cool though, i'll have to watch if you do another stream with him!

• Like 1

He normally stream 9pm Wednesdays, no idea if I'll be playing with him then. But we are going into creative mode to help my building, as that's still my weakest area.

I can tennel easily now where you build, edit and keep moving forward without slowing down, very useful for when you are under pressure. It's funny as really I haven't played the game properly for that long, as when I started on Switch I didnt do much building or editing. So I'm picking it up pretty fast.

• Like 1

Very pleased with the PS+ games for August. I am a huge fan of both the Wipeout and Sniper Elite series and have wanted to play the latest entries in the series for ages: both are free next month! 

• Like 2

On 7/31/2019 at 6:08 PM, tbtstt said:

Very pleased with the PS+ games for August. I am a huge fan of both the Wipeout and Sniper Elite series and have wanted to play the latest entries in the series for ages: both are free next month! 

i wait sniper elite  too 

• Like 2

Damn he's not streaming, but we have 1 arena win so far lol.

Very happy with Sniper Elite! Another good month from Sony on PS+ :classic_biggrin:

I've just purchased Kingdom Come Deliverance, after i finally found it for 20 pound haha! Anyone else played it? 

Must admit the changes FIFA are making to career mode do sound interesting but I'm not sure it's worth paying full price for though. Whilst I can see myself getting it now to explore the changes I can only see it happening when it comes down in price. It probably won't be a launch purchase anyway.

Posted (edited)

I thought Wipeout would be good, but in my opinion its garbage. The graphics are the only thing that looks good on the PS4.

Edited by couger1981

16 hours ago, couger1981 said:

I thought Wipeout would be good, but in my opinion its garbage. The graphics are the only think that looks good on the PS4.

I liked Omega Collection but even for me who's experienced enough to have played Wip3out back in the day this was too difficult. 

It's very rare that I don't 100% complete a racing game, but I wasn't quick enough to get the final Trophies.

16 hours ago, couger1981 said:

I thought Wipeout would be good, but in my opinion its garbage. The graphics are the only think that looks good on the PS4.

That is disappointing, as Wipeout HD was good on PS3. I have downloaded it (and Sniper Elite), but not tried either yet.