The Game Thread!

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

That is disappointing, as Wipeout HD was good on PS3. I have downloaded it (and Sniper Elite), but not tried either yet. 

Loving Sniper so far it's very challenging as it's hard to find a good hiding spot to sniper anyone.

Sniper Elite 1 and 2 were excellent, I hope SE4 is as good! 

• Like 1

So uhh I seem to get getting really good at Fortnite on PC now. Last night I came out of Tilted Town where you cant build with 12 kills, but as usual with high kill games I either mess up or the game screws me.

When I first switched to PC I really struggled, but now I'm confident in 1v1 fights. A streamer named Happy Hamlet Hughesy Hamlet as I always drop there and come out swinging. Only a 2 kill arena win but could have been more if not for mechs stealing my kills. Cant play now due to a migraine, but I need to grind to get to the champions league so I can play in the cash cups

• Like 1

Some of the vids you post are nuts haha, i wish i could get to that level! I'm half decent on Switch, but anytime i come across an experienced player i struggle.

Keep grinding it though, imagine getting paid to play Fortnite haha

• Like 1

Few hours into Sniper Elite 4 and it's excellent so far. Started on a medium difficultly and, like the earlier games, you really have to take your time. Probably not a game for everyone, but more a thinking shooter. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Few hours into Sniper Elite 4 and it's excellent so far. Started on a medium difficultly and, like the earlier games, you really have to take your time. Probably not a game for everyone, but more a thinking shooter. 

I started at medium for the first mission then bump it to hard for the second one. I took around 2 hours to complete the first mission as you need to keep hidden most of the time and sneak around the map which was big. 

At the moment i finding hard to be less challenging so i might choose Realist for the next mission.

Posted (edited)

Is someone playing Destiny 2 here? I recently bought this game and after playing a couple of hours, I realized that I did not understand. In General, I just decided to buy destiny 2 boost. Now I play in PvP mode and it's a lot of fun!

Edited by FrederickBraun

I've finally got round to playing Detroit: Become Human, and oh my days! 😲

What a game it is, so glad it was on PS+ because i probably wouldn't have played it for a long time otherwise! 

• Agree 1

Must admit it looks like they've done a good job with the CC for Fifa 20 using it for Volta and for career will be good fun. Still not sure I'll buy it at launch as I'm not sure the changes are worth £50 but my stance on the game is softening a little bit. I'm still not sure I'll play it as much as 17, 18 and 19 though as I think I'll prefer the Journey over this Volta mode. The only good thing about the Volta mode is the fact our protag is completely customisable whereas Alex was not (at least not beyond his hair and clothes). It's more that for me I prefer the professional game than street football as I can't do the tricks and flicks very well. I do like the idea that at least they've done another story mode  in the Volta thing though. I'm just not sure how good it will be in the end though given I don't follow street football. I think they did well with the Journey trilogy though as I really enjoy playing as Alex Danny and Kim so there is hope.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 11:08 AM, FrederickBraun said:

Is someone playing Destiny 2 here? I recently bought this game and after playing a couple of hours, I realized that I did not understand. In General, I just decided to buy destiny 2 boost. Now I play in PvP mode and it's a lot of fun!

Do you play RPG's? I've not played either of the Destiny games but given it's an MMO and most MMO's work best if you approach them in an RPG fashion it might be best to approach the game in a similar fashion.

Started F1 2019 yesterday, seems good so far! I was a bit disappointed with the GP2 part of career mode though, i thought you actually got to race the whole season. 

1 hour ago, Lukedfrt said:

Started F1 2019 yesterday, seems good so far! I was a bit disappointed with the GP2 part of career mode though, i thought you actually got to race the whole season. 

You can in Championships mode just not in career. I've kind of put my career on hold atm as I don't like the wet AI. It was OK at launch al be it a bit slow but now they've made it too fast which has screwed everything up imo.

Apparently they've added a new party mode game for Fifa 20 called mystery ball it looks kind of interesting and fun. Here's a vid explaining it

19 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Apparently they've added a new party mode game for Fifa 20 called mystery ball it looks kind of interesting and fun. Here's a vid explaining it

I'd rather have the Finnish league than this 😛 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, UP100 said:

Well you know EA they don't like spending more money than they have too. 😛

Edited by sjsharp2010

22 hours ago, UP100 said:

As a guy who has been to a couple of HJK matches, I would love the Finnish league!

45 minutes ago, phil83 said:

As a guy who has been to a couple of HJK matches, I would love the Finnish league!

I think Finnish league has some 200k votes and was passed by some other league in the "unofficial" FIFA 2020 what you would want to see as a new league poll. I guess it may have something to do with the fact that we Finns aren't that good with football, so we naturally look to higher leagues than our own or something.

Also I'm a RoPS fan, so I can be seen in games that happen in the south of Finland. Next one is HJK - RoPS in Helsinki this Sunday! 😛 I'll say that if EA announces that Veikkausliiga is in the game, I'll consider buying it.

Recently spent 2 weeks in Helsinki but the only home games were the day I arrived and the day I left 🙄. Turned down the chance to see HJK turn Schalke over in a champs league qualifier a few years back. The ticket price was ridiculous! Some guy named Pukki scored 2 that night 😉

I agree with you on Fifa. If they added the Finnish league, I would certainly consider buying it. So much more value to me than their new gimmick.

I don't think there's enough changes to warrant buying the new FIFA at launch given it's another £50 though I am tempted (so may end up caving like I did with F1 2019 though it was mostly the driver transfer system that convinced me there) as whilst Volta looks fun I don't think I'll be enjoying it that much given I'm not really a tricks and flicks person but the new career mode changes sound interesting but like with things like the F1 games and the press in the F1 game it might get repetitive after a while. I do like the new character creator system they've added though as I can see that helping to add some roleplaying options to help mix things up. I've certainly got a few ideas in which I might do  so time will tell though.

In other news recently bought the Control game not played it yet but it looks cool and interesting with the telekinetic powers and stuff you can wield.

I bought control 3 days ago, its amazing! Bit of a mind bender,  but yet another great game by Remedy. With the ray tracing it looks phenomenal.

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

I bought control 3 days ago, its amazing! Bit of a mind bender,  but yet another great game by Remedy. With the ray tracing it looks phenomenal.

Yeah it looks good and has got very high review scores pretty much everywhere I've looked haven' t got round to playing it myself yet but I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to using the telekinetic abilities on it and it looks like they've done a good job based on what I've seen too. But yeah it looks like a bit of a mind bender of a story a lot like the Quantum Break game was which they did.

I finished Detroit: Become Human the other day.. Absolutely loved it, it's rare i can't put a game down but that was the case with this 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lukedfrt said:

I finished Detroit: Become Human the other day.. Absolutely loved it, it's rare i can't put a game down but that was the case with this 👌

Looking forward to playing this myself tbh once It comes to PC which it is supposed to be soon. No confirmed date yet though

• Like 1

So yesterdays Nintendo Direct was pretty awesome.. The Switch is probably my second favorite console of all time now, it just keeps getting better!

9 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

So yesterdays Nintendo Direct was pretty awesome.. The Switch is probably my second favorite console of all time now, it just keeps getting better!

Codemasters is releasing Grid Autosport for it soon and apparently the game will support Gamecube controllers.

• Like 1