The Game Thread!

You know the power core they're attacking? Get Elizabeth to spawn some medkits just behind it and stay up there near it. Once those run out there's another area nearby you can get her to spawn them. Plus there's a rack of RPG's just off to one side of the core, just keep spamming those till they run out.

Pretty impressive.

Yeah in FM I always start a game as Cheltenham Town and spend the first few years learning the mechanics/tactics and get them up to the Premier League. By then the status quo of managers for the top teams have shifted and I either get a position at a top team or I keep on at Cheltenham and see if I can't establish them. 

In my current save I decided to take over Fulham from the get to and I established them as a top 5 team before getting the Man Utd job after Moyes was sacked.

You know the power core they're attacking? Get Elizabeth to spawn some medkits just behind it and stay up there near it. Once those run out there's another area nearby you can get her to spawn them. Plus there's a rack of RPG's just off to one side of the core, just keep spamming those till they run out.

yeah I noticed that you have to protect that and I generally just stand by it or in front when fighting them that's why I was thinking use the possession vigor on those that are attacking it to get them to attack their comrades and just keep spamming them with my weapons and hopefully I'll get the upper hand.

Herby007 said:
Pretty impressive.

Yeah in FM I always start a game as Cheltenham Town and spend the first few years learning the mechanics/tactics and get them up to the Premier League. By then the status quo of managers for the top teams have shifted and I either get a position at a top team or I keep on at Cheltenham and see if I can't establish them. 

In my current save I decided to take over Fulham from the get to and I established them as a top 5 team before getting the Man Utd job after Moyes was sacked.
Sounds familiar :p I remember managing Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga for about 5 seasons and winning the league at least 4 times with them on one of the early Championship manager games think I had Jurgen Klinsmann as my assistant  found him very helpful in getting things to work the way I wanted. Think I won a Champions League during that time too if I remember rightly. The german league is a relatively easy leagure to manage in though I've found

Won the Eredivise 2 times with Ajax, its a very hard league cause there's about 3 or 4 other teams each season that just don't stop winning. Usually PSV, Vitesse, Gronigen and sometimes FC Twente.

Honestly in any other league i would have won the league 3 times in a row, maybe more :(

Clearly need a revived FM thread.

Just got Ronaldo back at United, MotM on his return game. Like he never left.

I'm just going to grab a couple of screenshots of my Brighton game and if no one's made the thread, I'll do it.

@sjsharp2010 Yea I did the same on my first go at it, but don't worry about protecting it too much. As long as you use Songbird as soon as he's available and just keep spamming ammo at enemies, the core should still have just enough health left at the end. Just keep moving I'd say, most enemies will shoot at the core if you do :)

@sjsharp2010 Yea I did the same on my first go at it, but don't worry about protecting it too much. As long as you use Songbird as soon as he's available and just keep spamming ammo at enemies, the core should still have just enough health left at the end. Just keep moving I'd say, most enemies will shoot at the core if you do :)
I gave up after 10 go's and Youtube'd the ending lol

I gave up after 10 go's and Youtube'd the ending lol
tempting but the game in general isn't that hard it's about finding the right tactics that work because the coer can take a fair amount of punishment just need to keep the enemies occupied long enough to finish them off kind of reminds me of another level in Star Trek Elite force 2 when you're in Engineering on the Enterprise protecting the warp core from a similar type of attack I eventually managed to crack that one so I'm sure I can do so with this. it's just a case of being persistant and keep trying

Won the Eredivise 2 times with Ajax, its a very hard league cause there's about 3 or 4 other teams each season that just don't stop winning. Usually PSV, Vitesse, Gronigen and sometimes FC Twente.

Honestly in any other league i would have won the league 3 times in a row, maybe more :(

I don't think I've ever managed in Holland I've had a couple of spells in Italy and Brazil I think I won the regional league in Brazil but not the national one. Can't really remember winning in Italy most of my successes have been either in the lower leagues in England or the German Bundesliga

Oh and another thing @sjsharp2010, use Devils Kiss to lay traps for the harder to kill enemies,  and use Old Man Winter to deal with lower level enemies quickly. Elizabeth should be able to keep you fairly well stocked with salts.

Oh and another thing @sjsharp2010, use Devils Kiss to lay traps for the harder to kill enemies,  and use Old Man Winter to deal with lower level enemies quickly. Elizabeth should be able to keep you fairly well stocked with salts.
don't think I got Old man Winter I do have Devil's Kiss though

Think I've mistaken Old Man Winter for one of the others :p Best just to stick with Devils Kiss then and use both the traps and normal version of it :) Best used when there's a group of them together heh.

Think I've mistaken Old Man Winter for one of the others :p Best just to stick with Devils Kiss then and use both the traps and normal version of it :) Best used when there's a group of them together heh.
yeah the bucking bronco power is useful for large groups but you still have to kill them as that just throws them into the air and is only good when the group is close together

Anyone here played PES 2014 ? If so is it any good ? Really need an alternative to FIFA .
I have it it is good although you will need to download the patches to correct names and such though uses the same engine as they use for the new Metal gear solid games I believe

yeah the bucking bronco power is useful for large groups but you still have to kill them as that just throws them into the air and is only good when the group is close together
I never really used Bucking Bronco :p For me it was always Devils Kiss, Return to Sender (which I didn't use for the bit where you're stuck but it'd be really useful actually!) and Shock Jockey. Just make sure you've fully upgraded those three and you're set :)

Anyone here played PES 2014 ? If so is it any good ? Really need an alternative to FIFA .
I got it free with PS+ last month, was super excited as i hadn't played a Pro since PS2 days properly and i'm not joking it was actually unplayable.

I don't know if it's because i have Fifa 14 on PS4, but the graphics were appalling. I was questioning whether it was in HD at one point. The Frame rate on any cut scene was shocking, the match build up, corner kicks, replays all must have dropped to about 10 fps!

And the gameplay, i have no idea how it went so wrong from PS2 to PS3 but they still haven't clawed it back. So after about an hour it was deleted off my PS3! 

I'm stuck with PES2011 cause my FIFA13 disc won't work and i cba buying 14. God its awful, i'd forgotten how bad the gameplay was.

Thats when you notice how good some of the features that have been added to Fifa actually are such as the 360 dribbling thingy. Thought nothing of it when it was added but now....

I never really used Bucking Bronco :p For me it was always Devils Kiss, Return to Sender (which I didn't use for the bit where you're stuck but it'd be really useful actually!) and Shock Jockey. Just make sure you've fully upgraded those three and you're set :)
it's quite good against baseball bat wielding enemies as you can use it on them before they can really hurt you  unfortunately it's not as effective against gun wielding enemies though never really upgraded my powers as I never found enough money on my travels but maybe  it's a case of playing agaun and taking my time a bit more in those cases I faced similar problems when I first played Mass Effect to start with and nowadays I don't really think about it as I know where everything is that I need when I play that game.

Lukedfrt said:
I got it free with PS+ last month, was super excited as i hadn't played a Pro since PS2 days properly and i'm not joking it was actually unplayable.

I don't know if it's because i have Fifa 14 on PS4, but the graphics were appalling. I was questioning whether it was in HD at one point. The Frame rate on any cut scene was shocking, the match build up, corner kicks, replays all must have dropped to about 10 fps!

And the gameplay, i have no idea how it went so wrong from PS2 to PS3 but they still haven't clawed it back. So after about an hour it was deleted off my PS3! 
Ah , the last one I played was either 2011 or 2012 , can't remember and that was appalling too. Haven't really payed any interest to it since, but I was hoping they'd made some improvements since then.

it's quite good against baseball bat wielding enemies as you can use it on them before they can really hurt you  unfortunately it's not as effective against gun wielding enemies though never really upgraded my powers as I never found enough money on my travels but maybe  it's a case of playing agaun and taking my time a bit more in those cases I faced similar problems when I first played Mass Effect to start with and nowadays I don't really think about it as I know where everything is that I need when I play that game.
Ah, it's one of those games where you have to explore everything and everywhere to build up cash :) Finding lockpicks and looting safes was what netted me most of the cash I needed for upgrades. Think I ended the game with around 22 lockpicks and around 8000 in cash that I didn't need :p

You can deffo get through playing it normally, no doubt about that. But I'm one of those players that spends 5 minutes after every battle looting every corpse and checking every desk, bin or cabinet for items lol.

Ah, it's one of those games where you have to explore everything and everywhere to build up cash :) Finding lockpicks and looting safes was what netted me most of the cash I needed for upgrades. Think I ended the game with around 22 lockpicks and around 8000 in cash that I didn't need :p

You can deffo get through playing it normally, no doubt about that. But I'm one of those players that spends 5 minutes after every battle looting every corpse and checking every desk, bin or cabinet for items lol.
yeah Mass effect is like that too and I do that on ME as it certainly saves having to spend money doing it that way I didn't know that Infinite was going to be like that at first but now I do it's more like an ME world it makes it worth it all the more worth playing again when I'm done with my current and even if I can't beat that last fight then start again and do it properly as the upgrades may help me win the final battle I think I've got about 15/16 lockpicks on my playthroughat the moment but I did find doors that I could've and probably should have opened but never mind lesson learned. I don't normally go all over the place on my first playthrough and certainly not on ME but as I learned how the game works and the system I do it more and more