The Game Thread!

13 hours ago, couger1981 said:

Codemasters is releasing Grid Autosport for it soon and apparently the game will support Gamecube controllers.

I'm really looking forward to that! I never got round to playing Autosport on PS3 (I think it came out a few months before the PS4 if i remember correctly), but it'll be interesting to see how it performs on Switch :classic_biggrin:

• Agree 1

Haven't tried it yet but for those interested Fifa 20's demo is now out.

Edited by sjsharp2010
  • Like 1

Had a go at Fifa 20' s demo and Volta last  night before going to bed quite interesting. I know I can' t pull off all  the tricks and flicks but it's not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. the 11v11 game feels a lot like Fifa 18 though so we may be in for a few goalfest matches again but I don't know for sure as I only played the 1 11v11 match but that's how it felt like to me. I plan on playing some more today to get a better feel for it but that's my first impressions.

Had another game a bit earlier and it was closer so my initial impressions may have been a bit off and it may have been one of those one off matches where I just managed to dominate. I think Volta is going to be a bit of fun and it will be interesting to play through the story mode wen it comes out. Not sure it'll be as fun to play as the Journey was but given we have free reign to effectively create our own protag for it rather than stick with Hunter it might still be interesting. I've got an idea of the kind of look (as the game has a CC for these modes now) I want to go with for my first run of the Volta story but I'll have to wait for the full game before I can decide

Signed up for Game pass for Microsoft and downloaded Metro exodus, amazing graphics with the 1060 and loving the game so far as your thrown into the action pretty much straight away 🙂

The gpu doesn't like ray tracing though so had to disable it 😞

• Like 1

9 hours ago, couger1981 said:

Signed up for Game pass for Microsoft and downloaded Metro exodus, amazing graphics with the 1060 and loving the game so far as your thrown into the action pretty much straight away 🙂

The gpu doesn't like ray tracing though so had to disable it 😞

It's only the latest cards that have the ray tracing atm but at the end of the day it's just another gimmick. If a game works fine and looks fine then it doesn't matter really what card you play it on tbh. Whilst I'd like to have more advanced cards and all that my system is handling things fine for now. When the next consoles come out I may look again at an upgrade but for now my system is doing what I need of it.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:03 PM, sjsharp2010 said:

It's only the latest cards that have the ray tracing atm but at the end of the day it's just another gimmick. If a game works fine and looks fine then it doesn't matter really what card you play it on tbh. Whilst I'd like to have more advanced cards and all that my system is handling things fine for now. When the next consoles come out I may look again at an upgrade but for now my system is doing what I need of it.

A: Ray tracing does work with the 10 series, but they don't have the cores so performance is much worse.

B: It's not a gimmick, I suggest you read up on what it does, it literally gets rid of all fake effects so lighting, shadows and reflections are real time and not baked. Every single game in the next few years will have it including next gen consoles. If you watch Control in particular it takes advantage of ray tracing the most with most parts of the game affected by it, without it the game looks pretty meh.

I'm playing fortnite now. I really liked this game, but unfortunately my friends do not want to play it. But play one bored, so I found site where can be find itself team and friends for game https://dreamteam.gg/fortnite/lfg. Now I have a team for fortnite.

Edited by FrederickBraun

13 hours ago, Hughesy said:

A: Ray tracing does work with the 10 series, but they don't have the cores so performance is much worse.

B: It's not a gimmick, I suggest you read up on what it does, it literally gets rid of all fake effects so lighting, shadows and reflections are real time and not baked. Every single game in the next few years will have it including next gen consoles. If you watch Control in particular it takes advantage of ray tracing the most with most parts of the game affected by it, without it the game looks pretty meh.

I have read up on what it does it just seems like another gimmick to me something I'd like but atm can't afford so not worth looking at for me right now as I read up on it when I heard Shadow of the Tomb Raider was using it.. Besides Control looks pretty impressive even without it as I've not been using it and the game works fine and runs quite smooth on my system in fact without it.

Edited by sjsharp2010

The SNES classic app on Switch is so good, currently playing Super Mario World and The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past .. they've both aged incredibly well! 👍

Anyone want to guess what game this is without googling the teams as that's too obvious? 😛

https://streamable.com/931ep

The graphics are top class, aren't they?
...For some reason this place doesn't realise streamable links could be shown without pressing the link.

NOTE: You may not want to watch this in fullscreen on a 1920x1080 or larger display.

Edited by UP100
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Anyone want to guess what game this is without googling the teams as that's too obvious? 😛

https://streamable.com/931ep

The graphics are top class, aren't they?
...For some reason this place doesn't realise streamable links could be shown without pressing the link.

NOTE: You may not want to watch this in fullscreen on a 1920x1080 or larger display.

It's PES I recognized that from the commentators one of the PS2 ones I suspect based on the graphics

8 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

It's PES I recognized that from the commentators one of the PS2 ones I suspect based on the graphics 

What if I said that the resolution of the game is either 400x240 or 800x240?

12 minutes ago, Lukedfrt said:

I would punt at Pro Evo 2006 🤔

The resolution would change from 400x240 to 800x240 by a flick of a switch... What feature would need double the width of the resolution? 😉 

Wrong with 06 though.

Edited by UP100

21 minutes ago, Lukedfrt said:

I would punt at Pro Evo 2006 🤔

yeah it's definitely one of the early ones but when it's hard to say. I've got Pes 6 but that has a different commentary as that game has Peter Brackley (Football  Italia) and Trevor Brooking providing the commentary so it's definitely after that as that's Jon Champion's voice providing commentary and he came on later as I think his last one was either  Pes 14 or 15 as that's when they switched to the team they have now in Peter Drury. The last Pes I got was 16 though and I know that one has Peter Drury. I don't tend to buy the PES's because I prefer to play with proper licensed teams and competitions. I know you can get patches to fix that but I find they can be a pain in the ass to get working so don't usually bother. Besides I don' t find there is that much of a difference between Fifa and PES that it' s really noticeable so these days I just get my football fix from Fifa. Given that Fifa has the Champions League License and stuff now I think overall it's a better package. Yes they've lost the Juventus licensing but given I rarely do careers in Italy I doubt it'll be a huge problem for me plus it wouldn't surprise me if someone didn't create a mod that puts Juve back in anyway. especially given Juve and their stadium were in Fifa 19 as I remember you play a match there with Kim during her story on the Journey as I believe she plays a friendly match against Italy there on her way to the World Cup. Plus I think the addition of all the Bundesliga stadiums plus Volta will help offset that anyway