The Game Thread!

7 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Onto another subject, Codemasters or whoever did the port did a fantastic job porting Autosport to Switch, it looks phenomenal for the platform and even has a 60fps mode.

Feral Interactive! They are well known in the Linux community as one of the best (if not the best) companies that port others' games to Linux 🙂 

Some of their work include F1 2015, F1 2017, HiTMAN, DiRT 4, GRID: Autosport, Company of Heroes 2, TOTAL WAR games and so on.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 6:28 AM, UP100 said:

I wouldn't exactly rule the newer games out 😉 

The width of the screen/gameplay doesn't "change", but your eyes can see some kind of "effect".

Hmmmm, not a PES game on the 3DS or something? 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

Hmmmm, not a PES game on the 3DS or something? 🤔

Ding ding ding!

PES 2013 on the 3DS streamed through WIFI, so not the most easy thing to guess in this world 😛 A friend bought it for me with like 5 euros after I paid for his food earlier that day.

• Like 1

Well looking forward to having Fifa 20 unlock so I can get in and play some  Volta matches to practice till I'm ready to get really stuck in. I think Origin was having a fit as it said it unlocked tonight and tricked me but now it's saying the correct date as in the 26th weird as I initially tried to boot it up thinking it was available. It was OK though as I'm in the middle of a Journey playthrough and I want to finish that before I start properly on 20. I plan to do a run of the Volta story before I begin on career though. I think it was only supposed to say tonight if I'd ordered the more expensive one but I ordered the standard one so not sure why it did that. I don't do any of the online stuff which is why I don't buy the more expensive versions.

Edited by sjsharp2010
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, UP100 said:

Ding ding ding!

PES 2013 on the 3DS streamed through WIFI, so not the most easy thing to guess in this world 😛 A friend bought it for me with like 5 euros after I paid for his food earlier that day.

That's pretty impressive for the 3DS to be fair haha! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

That's pretty impressive for the 3DS to be fair haha! 

Yea hit is I suppose as it looked like a PS2 PES which was why I thought initially it was one of the early PES's I didn't think it could be one of the handheld ones. I own a couple of Fifa's for the PSP but I don't really play them often. Mostly because I prefer to play on the big systems these days.

The Last of Us is free on PS Plus next month. Absolutely loved it on PS3, so will probably play through it again on PS4 in anticipation of the sequel (which I really hope delivers). 

I see there is a trailer for a new Medal of Honor out. Not sure how I feel about that, the early MoH games were absolutely fantastic, but I felt the series diminished in quality over time. Fingers crossed the new game isn't a disappointment. 

Preloaded Destiny 2 on steam ready for the free to play to begin on October 1st 🙂

@tbtstt I think next months line up is boring to me because ive already played the Last of Us lol

Edited by couger1981

I've not started career yet on Fifa 20 but I know there's been a lot of complaints around that it doesn't bother me too much as I kind of like the idea of a more mixed up league. I have played a few games in Volta and in proper matches for practice and I have to admit I really do like how the game plays this year. Difficulty wise I think it's spot on for me so I'm hoping they don't change that too much like they did with 18. I plan to play the Volta story first though before starting career but just too busy with other things atm to even do that. I have had a look at the CC though they did a really good job with that. Still need to use them to create my manager and my Volta player for the story mode but I have a better idea of what I want to do for when I'm ready to start.

On 9/28/2019 at 4:51 AM, couger1981 said:

@tbtstt I think next months line up is boring to me because ive already played the Last of Us lol

That's understandable @couger1981! Last of Us was the last game I bought for the PS3 and its been a long time since I have played it, so I am interested in playing it again! 

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney What do you think of GRID19?

I still can't get to play as the package was sent from Southern Helsinki and was supposed to travel some 0-20km to another part of Helsinki, but so far it has gone to Tampere for a vacation I guess. 180 kilometres away now and should arrive by tomorrow evening 😛 

Edited by UP100
Forgot the ?

32 minutes ago, UP100 said:

@PJTierney What do you think of GRID19?

I still can't get to play as the package was sent from Southern Helsinki and was supposed to travel some 0-20km to another part of Helsinki, but so far it has gone to Tampere for a vacation I guess. 180 kilometres away now and should arrive by tomorrow evening 😛 

• Like 1

Any one pre-ordered the new Call of Duty? I have resisted the temptation thus far, but it looks really promising!

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Any one pre-ordered the new Call of Duty? I have resisted the temptation thus far, but it looks really promising!

No but COD isn't really my cup of tea these days.

I'll pick it up when it comes out more than likely, i'm playing through the WWII one atm.. Forgot how good it was!

On 10/23/2019 at 2:32 PM, Lukedfrt said:

I'll pick it up when it comes out more than likely, i'm playing through the WWII one atm.. Forgot how good it was!

Read a few reviews of Modern Warfare at the weekend and I have watched a few gameplay clips now: definitely keen to pick it up sooner rather than later!

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 2:11 PM, tbtstt said:

Read a few reviews of Modern Warfare at the weekend and I have watched a few gameplay clips now: definitely keen to pick it up sooner rather than later!

Yeah it does look quit good graphically s oI ma ypick it up later when it comes down in price. Not right now though as I've just had a whopping £150 bill for a new power pack for my PC as my old one died. Plus the new Jedi game coming out soon as well so somethings going to have to give.

Managed to pick up a cheap copy of CoD locally at the weekend. Wrapped up the campaign last night and, thus far, very impressed with it. It certainly isn't ultra realistic, but it's a lot less ridiculous than the latter titles in the series and it is the best single player story since the original Modern Warfare (at least in my opinion). 

Couple of real stand out missions, I shall be replaying the whole thing again at the toughest difficulty now!

19 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Managed to pick up a cheap copy of CoD locally at the weekend. Wrapped up the campaign last night and, thus far, very impressed with it. It certainly isn't ultra realistic, but it's a lot less ridiculous than the latter titles in the series and it is the best single player story since the original Modern Warfare (at least in my opinion). 

Couple of real stand out missions, I shall be replaying the whole thing again at the toughest difficulty now!

I'll check it out when it's on sale, it does look good tho 🙂

Haven't picked up a COD game since BO3 and still haven't finished it lol

41 minutes ago, couger1981 said:

Aside from Ghosts I haven't bought a CoD game since MW3! I played BO3 when it was free on PSN, but this is the first one that I have really wanted to play. 

Played a bit more last night and had a brief go online. I'm not a massive multiplayer gamer, but did a bit of the Specs Ops mode and had a couple of really enjoyable games. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, couger1981 said:

Yeah I'll likely only check it out once it's on sale as I only play the single player and given it doesn't take that long to play the campaign it's not really worth full price. Besides I've got my eye on the Star Wars Jedi game coming out. So I'm busy looking forward to that atm.

• Like 1

I miss Old Time Hockey (/Bush Hockey League) 😞 It has so much character, and they were going to add stuff like player transfers in the DLC... Maybe it will still someday come out...

bhl.thumb.jpg.29a9e2ce5a47ed919bddb6265f58d923.jpg

The soundtrack also has some great songs... Can Can, Säkkijärven Polkka, The Hockey Song, Leningrad Cowboys, The Addams Family Theme and not to mention the completely unknown The Donnybrooks.