The Game Thread!

Getting sick of the PS4 game updates there seems to be always new updates everyday with a min of 1gb download.

Getting sick of the PS4 game updates there seems to be always new updates everyday with a min of 1gb download.
I get sick of windows always on the update as well I do allow it to update from time to time because it needs them but usually I leave it turned off as it's always trying to do it when I'm in the middle of something. I know the updates are important for security and what have you but it does get a bit silly sometimes especially as I rarely pick up any problems and in fact I maybe only get hit by a virus maybe once a year at most. But that's only because I'm careful and know what I'm looking for in order to avoid them.

If anyone is getting Wolfenstein be prepared to download the 5 GB patch that comes with the game.

Shouldn't the games update automatically if you leave the system in Standby mode? That's what I do...

SynGamer said:
Shouldn't the games update automatically if you leave the system in Standby mode? That's what I do...
I'll check that out in the settings but its always starts to update as soon as i turn PS4 on.

SynGamer said:
I'll check that out in the settings but its always starts to update as soon as i turn PS4 on.
Leave your PS4 in standby mode (takes up barely any power) and it will update automatically, assuming you haven't turned any of those options off. MUCH more convenient and saves a lot of time. Plus, by leaving it in standby mode, you can buy games/demos from the store (phone or computer) and they will automatically start to download, even if you are away.

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
Leave your PS4 in standby mode (takes up barely any power) and it will update automatically, assuming you haven't turned any of those options off. MUCH more convenient and saves a lot of time. Plus, by leaving it in standby mode, you can buy games/demos from the store (phone or computer) and they will automatically start to download, even if you are away.
Mine was set to don't update when in standby, its on now.

downloading the DLC for Bioshock infinite decided to start again later with that game as I keep failing  I think once I have the right upgrades I'll be fine but unfortunately I'll have to play the whole game again to get them but on the bright side at least I know what I'm up against now

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
Looks like i won't be using standby anymore and switching it completely off

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:

Interesting article, but I suspect there's a bit more to that story. Also, what about PCs, laptops, kitchen appliances? I'm sure Sony and MS will lower the power requirements with future updates since the OS is constantly improving. For me, the convenience of everything being updated and ready to go outweighs the extra power usage.

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:

Interesting article, but I suspect there's a bit more to that story. Also, what about PCs, laptops, kitchen appliances? I'm sure Sony and MS will lower the power requirements with future updates since the OS is constantly improving. For me, the convenience of everything being updated and ready to go outweighs the extra power usage.
Might try it with the standby turned on and check the power usage when the bill comes in.

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:

Might try it with the standby turned on and check the power usage when the bill comes in.
probably best as sometimes reports like that can exaggerate. I think it's up to each individual to decide what's best for them . I wouldn't say dismiss the reports altogether as some can be accurate but some reports do have a tendency to exaggerate

I'm tempted to get FIFA 15 this year, 12 is starting to look dated now and cuts massive holes in the stadiums/pitches.

fIsince08 said:
I'm tempted to get FIFA 15 this year, 12 is starting to look dated now and cuts massive holes in the stadiums/pitches.
I won't decide on that until they give us a feature list

Fifa 14 is amazing, the game play was a huge improvement over 13.
Not just a pace abusing game now, and career mode has improved a lot over the last couple of years! 

FIFA 14 is good, but there is so much fixing in matches, and it is obvious too.

Lukedfrt said:
Fifa 14 is amazing, the game play was a huge improvement over 13.
Not just a pace abusing game now, and career mode has improved a lot over the last couple of years! 
yeah it has especially with the addition of internationals in the game

That's been in every Fifa though, nothing new from EA.
Can't remember that last time i played it online, because of scripting. I just stick to playing Onetwothree now, easy points.

Lukedfrt said:
That's been in every Fifa though, nothing new from EA.
Can't remember that last time i played it online, because of scripting. I just stick to playing Onetwothree now, easy points.
the option to play internationals and be an international manager in career mode hasn't though that's only been added recently in Fifa 13 I believe in world cups or European championships as I'm currently managing England on Fifa 13 at the moment

fIsince08 said:
They really gotta get the CL and Europa league licensed
Aren't they both in FIFA 12? league is in FIFA 12
no both the Champions League and Europa league are licensed to Konami for the PES games

I never understood how EA lost the license for the Champions League, they have the money for it compared to Konami.

But then again, they used to bring a seperate Champions League game out alongside Fifa. So Screw you again EA! 

Playing the BAP mode online with friends was great fun on the old FIFA games. Most fun I think I've had on a football game since the old PES games. Shame that mode is ruined by allowing someone to control more than one player, such a stupid addition. It wouldn't be an EA game without a ridiculous game mechanic.

Lukedfrt said:
I never understood how EA lost the license for the Champions League, they have the money for it compared to Konami.

But then again, they used to bring a seperate Champions League game out alongside Fifa. So Screw you again EA! 
I'm guessing EA didn't care too much about it but EA does have a tendency of making bad decisions