The Game Thread!

took a bit of doing but I've finally got the latest patches to work with my copy of PES now I can enjoy the teams wearing their proper kits

Yeah, join us @Syngamer. 
When you posted this it wasb7:46 am for me...I wok until 5 pm most days...

Watch Dogs is dispatched! I'm hoping against all hope that it arrives tomorrow now :D
mine's been dispatched as well it's got a delivery date of Tuesday but in my opinion the sooner the better really :D

Watch Dogs is dispatched! I'm hoping against all hope that it arrives tomorrow now :D
mine's been dispatched as well it's got a delivery date of Tuesday but in my opinion the sooner the better really :D
Well it'll either come tomorrow or Tuesday, no inbetweens unfortunately! I've had Tuesday release games arrive on Saturday twice before so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Well it'll either come tomorrow or Tuesday, no inbetweens unfortunately! I've had Tuesday release games arrive on Saturday twice before so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)
agreed but I'm suer it's a good game certainly should be given it's got quite demanding PC specs :)

Herby007 said:
Demanding PC specs =/= Good game.

Hopefully yes it does have a recommended processor spec of an FX8350 which is the processor powering my beast so obviously quite demanding.

been playing PES today and you'd be thinking the league was upside down given Fulham are in a champions league spot and Liverpool are near the relegation zone still plenty  of games to play though as we've only just finishjed playing matchday 10

Herby007 said:

Hopefully yes it does have a recommended processor spec of an FX8350 which is the processor powering my beast so obviously quite demanding.

been playing PES today and you'd be thinking the league was upside down given Fulham are in a champions league spot and Liverpool are near the relegation zone still plenty  of games to play though as we've only just finishjed playing matchday 10

Recommended for Ultra settings is an i7 4770k ;) The only thing I'm lacking on the ultra requirements is a GTX 780. Should be all good for a mix of high and ultra though with the 770 :)

Talking of games with fairly high sysreq's, I got Wolfenstein: The New Order today. I'm surprised by how much fun it is! The game has a great feel and a great look to it, I can't help but imagine that if Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light, and CoD: WaW had a sweaty orgy, Wolfenstein would be the bastard result :D

Herby007 said:

Recommended for Ultra settings is an i7 4770k ;) The only thing I'm lacking on the ultra requirements is a GTX 780. Should be all good for a mix of high and ultra though with the 770 :)

Talking of games with fairly high sysreq's, I got Wolfenstein: The New Order today. I'm surprised by how much fun it is! The game has a great feel and a great look to it, I can't help but imagine that if Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light, and CoD: WaW had a sweaty orgy, Wolfenstein would be the bastard result :D
yeah I've seen the new Wolfenstein game it does look good. I'm tempted but I do have a lot of shooters. I may look at buying it on download from Steam but not sure at the moment I shouldn't have too many problems with watchdogs though as like you I have the 770 and 32gb in RAM to play with as well

Herby007 said:

I do wonder what goes on in your mind sometimes ...

Enjoying Wolfenstein quite a bit. Definitely one of the better FPS to come out in recent years. Still got the corridor sections and big set pieces, but also levels with more freedom that allow you to play it your way. Makes the set piece stuff more interesting when it isn't happening all the time.

Herby007 said:

I do wonder what goes on in your mind sometimes ...
it's probably best we don't know tbf :p

@sjsharp2010 I definitely recommend it, it doesn't come across as your average shooter to me :) One of the best things is you can go full stealth with throwing knives and cutting throats, or just stomp into every room, balls out and dual wielding assualt rifles, and both approaches work :)

And you can buy a Steam key for it for £22 if you shop around, well worth the money!

@SILVERARROWS Imagine Max Mosley's Nazi stripper sex party, only minus the strippers and plus robotic dogs who's idea of fun is having a nibble on your face ;)

@sjsharp2010 I definitely recommend it, it doesn't come across as your average shooter to me :) One of the best things is you can go full stealth with throwing knives and cutting throats, or just stomp into every room, balls out and dual wielding assualt rifles, and both approaches work :)

And you can buy a Steam key for it for £22 if you shop around, well worth the money!

@SILVERARROWS Imagine Max Mosley's Nazi stripper sex party, only minus the strippers and plus robotic dogs who's idea of fun is having a nibble on your face ;)
will probably buy and set it to download while watching the Monaco GP then :D

Grand Prix World is where it's at for demanding PC specs. I can play it on my laptop and the battery lasts for 3 hours!

fIsince08 said:
Grand Prix World is where it's at for demanding PC specs. I can play it on my laptop and the battery lasts for 3 hours!
Lol, that's how long my laptop battery lasts without gaming :p

@sjsharp2010 Did your copy of Watch Dogs arrive? Mine didn't :( Postman came around with letters around 10 and no game, I'm still hoping a post van could show up but it's unlikely I guess!

@sjsharp2010 Did your copy of Watch Dogs arrive? Mine didn't :( Postman came around with letters around 10 and no game, I'm still hoping a post van could show up but it's unlikely I guess!
nope mine hasn't shown up either yet guess we'll have to wait till Tuesday but there's nomail by our letter box but it's possible mum may have picked it up as I don't live on my own and she does normally pass my parcels my way if any do arrive

So ladies, if for whatever reason you had to give up all your games bar one, and that one game would be the only game you could play for the rest of you days, what game would you pick? 

I'd pick Skyrim. Could mod it out and get a fresh experience out of it for years. Big, open world and enjoy the loore. You could spend hours just reading the books in it.

Herby007 said:
So ladies, if for whatever reason you had to give up all your games bar one, and that one game would be the only game you could play for the rest of you days, what game would you pick? 

I'd pick Skyrim. Could mod it out and get a fresh experience out of it for years. Big, open world and enjoy the loore. You could spend hours just reading the books in it.
For me at the moment it would Be Mass Effect 2 I just love ME

I'd of gone with Metal Gear if I could pick a series, but if I can only choose one game I'd end up getting annoyed that I couldn't play the other ones.

For me, the fact Skyrim doesn't lean on the other Elder Scroll games for the story trumps my favourite game series in a one-on-one fight.

Herby007 said:
I'd of gone with Metal Gear if I could pick a series, but if I can only choose one game I'd end up getting annoyed that I couldn't play the other ones.

For me, the fact Skyrim doesn't lean on the other Elder Scroll games for the story trumps my favourite game series in a one-on-one fight.

Series wise again it would be the Mass Effect trilogy the universe Bioware created is so vast and it just looks so gorgeous. I just find it hard to find a game that matches that in fact I think the only thing that really matches it for being big and bold is the Star Trek series on TV in terms of things that I watch. ME has elements in it from all   my favourite shows all gelled into a nice mixture. Elements from Babylon 5 where you have the jump gates and the station in ME's case the Mass relays and Citadel. you have the exploration and resource gathering of Star Trek and you have the spooky intrigue of the X files  the game even comes with it's own Cigarette Smoking man in the Illusive man head of Cerberus. All in all leading to be a very good universe

=)) Sounds fun.  :P