The Game Thread!

SynGamer said:
Canceled my Watch_Dogs preorder and put that money towards Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4.
Bad mistake there Watch dogs in one of the better games out on the PS4

SynGamer said:
Canceled my Watch_Dogs preorder and put that money towards Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4.
I agree with you there but Diablo 3 looks like a good game too was tempted to get it myself but I'm not that great at RPG's really

AMS97KRR said:
Did anyone else see Steven Hoods tweet saying about Caterham being up for sale and how cool it would be to be a driver/manager.....?

New for F1 2014? Possibly? 
would have thought it moer likely to be a separate game entirely rather than part of the F1 2014 game I think. it's possible but unlikely I did see the tweet though even commented on it
Lee told me a while ago they are more than likely going to release a management game this year.

fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
Did anyone else see Steven Hoods tweet saying about Caterham being up for sale and how cool it would be to be a driver/manager.....?

New for F1 2014? Possibly? 
would have thought it moer likely to be a separate game entirely rather than part of the F1 2014 game I think. it's possible but unlikely I did see the tweet though even commented on it
Lee told me a while ago they are more than likely going to release a management game this year.
well I don't know I just felt it was unlikely but that if they did carry out such a project that it would be a separate game given mamagement and driving are 2 entirely different things it would make for an interesting addition to the career mode but I didn't think it was and still don't think it's that  likely. CM have surprised us in the past though and career does need a revamp I think

Career needs a major revamp. It is getting stale, I played it tons on 2010, a little less on 2011, a bit less again on 2012 and now, done 1 and a bit seasons on 2013. 

AMS97KRR said:
Career needs a major revamp. It is getting stale, I played it tons on 2010, a little less on 2011, a bit less again on 2012 and now, done 1 and a bit seasons on 2013. 
Exactly the same for me. I did 14 seasons on 2010, 4 or 5 on 2011, 2 and a bit on 2012, and only 3 career races on 2013. It needs a major change imo.

Agreed with both, remember i.e. the interviews before each session or the top 3 ones? Things like these may look minor but sometimes the details make the difference.

Agreed with both, remember i.e. the interviews before each session or the top 3 ones? Things like these may look minor but sometimes the details make the difference.

AMS97KRR said:
Exactly the same for me. I did 14 seasons on 2010, 4 or 5 on 2011, 2 and a bit on 2012, and only 3 career races on 2013. It needs a major change imo.

same here I probably play 2010 and 2012 the most as I like the handling in those games sand the general way the games play. 

2013 I find the AI too aggressive to really want to racev them really, they seem to have a more touring car let's bump him off the track attitude than a precision style F1 attitude that they should have. The classics are good and really 2013's only saving grace but the 2013 part is a total mess.

Aside from the weaker graphics 2011 is OK but again career isn't sufficiently different from the others and I'll probably continue to race it for Nurburgring instead of Hockenheim for a change given the state 2013 is in but aside from that the series is in need of a major rethink if CM want to save it.

I think it'd be awesome if CM took a year off and made a game that was F1 career challenge 2009-2015. 

This would take a while, but they already have 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 cars done, along with all the additional features like helmets and tracks. This would make me want to do the whole career. And you'd get teams coming and going from 2009-2010, so that'd be awesome. 

Another nice feature would be drivers changing teams, it would keep it interesting. I'd like to see the podium, that'd be cool, especially in 1st person. I'd like to hear the crowd a bit more. At the British GP there is always tons of noise when Hamilton or Button pass by, this should be reflected in game for the drivers at their home tracks. If I am Alonso at spain, I want to hear the crowd a bit more, especially in 2014 with quieter engines. 

Hearing news and gossip in between races would be nice (The calender system FIFA uses could be used to do this), you could have statements from teams about certain topics, Pirelli could release the tyres to be used. Opinions on things from Legends in game or experts. 
A bit of commentary before the sessions begin and after they end pointing out certain results etc.

It is hard to get immersed in the game because there is very little immersing stuff. Right now it is Do this race, then do that race, then that race with nothing in between, no news, no gossip, no nothing. Driver interviews post race would be cool to have back, 

There is so much they could do with these games, and then online needs doing too, that needs a new mode to keep people playing. 

I know some people are saying they want FP1 and FP2 and honestly for me I don't care about either of them, I generally skip them and only do FP3 for upgrades and a little practice anyway. I want more than minor additions.

AMS97KRR said:
I think it'd be awesome if CM took a year off and made a game that was F1 career challenge 2009-2015. 

This would take a while, but they already have 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 cars done, along with all the additional features like helmets and tracks. This would make me want to do the whole career. And you'd get teams coming and going from 2009-2010, so that'd be awesome. 

Another nice feature would be drivers changing teams, it would keep it interesting. I'd like to see the podium, that'd be cool, especially in 1st person. I'd like to hear the crowd a bit more. At the British GP there is always tons of noise when Hamilton or Button pass by, this should be reflected in game for the drivers at their home tracks. If I am Alonso at spain, I want to hear the crowd a bit more, especially in 2014 with quieter engines. 

Hearing news and gossip in between races would be nice (The calender system FIFA uses could be used to do this), you could have statements from teams about certain topics, Pirelli could release the tyres to be used. Opinions on things from Legends in game or experts. 
A bit of commentary before the sessions begin and after they end pointing out certain results etc.

It is hard to get immersed in the game because there is very little immersing stuff. Right now it is Do this race, then do that race, then that race with nothing in between, no news, no gossip, no nothing. Driver interviews post race would be cool to have back, 

There is so much they could do with these games, and then online needs doing too, that needs a new mode to keep people playing. 

I know some people are saying they want FP1 and FP2 and honestly for me I don't care about either of them, I generally skip them and only do FP3 for upgrades and a little practice anyway. I want more than minor additions.
Αlso, you should be able to rant about the Pirelli tyres :P

I thought back on 2010 when I saw money being offered in the contracts I thought maybe something could be or would be linked to hat in the future versions but that kind of vanished which was a shame as I think that could have added to the game immensely that and making the career longer and wanting to invest more time in building a Schumacher type reputation and becoming a great by winning 7 world titles I think would have been the right way to go I think as a kind of addition to the live the life that CM was promoting at the time I think CM had the right ideas back then they've just never followed through with them on this series

TBH if they had I don't think the series would be in the mess it's in now Let's hope they come up with something big this year otherwise I may skip and I'm sure there are others who may as well it looks like Grid is back on form let's hope that F1 is as well

AMS97KRR said:

I like all of these ideas apart from taking a year off :p Most of the drivers (me included) in the league I'm in were sick of 2013 close to the end of the first season we did on it. We're 6 races into the second and last season we'll be doing on it now, and I honestly couldn't put up with it for another year a half if they skipped 2014. 
The driving is solid and feels better than any of their previous F1 games, but the bugs and glitches just make it so massively frustrating and horrible to race online.

And the only other thing I'll comment on is the practice sessions. I don't care about having three sessions, but if we have 1 then I'd like it to be an hour and a half rather than the hour it currently is. It normally takes me about 50 mins to get most of a setup sorted, then I wanna do a couple of quali sims and a long run to test tyre wear and handling as the fuel burns off. 
Only I have to restart the session, reload my setup, and then go onto a track that's lost the rubbered in racing line that it had before. It's not a massive issue, but it is kind of annoying.

AMS97KRR said:

I like all of these ideas apart from taking a year off :p Most of the drivers (me included) in the league I'm in were sick of 2013 close to the end of the first season we did on it. We're 6 races into the second and last season we'll be doing on it now, and I honestly couldn't put up with it for another year a half if they skipped 2014. 
The driving is solid and feels better than any of their previous F1 games, but the bugs and glitches just make it so massively frustrating and horrible to race online.

And the only other thing I'll comment on is the practice sessions. I don't care about having three sessions, but if we have 1 then I'd like it to be an hour and a half rather than the hour it currently is. It normally takes me about 50 mins to get most of a setup sorted, then I wanna do a couple of quali sims and a long run to test tyre wear and handling as the fuel burns off. 
Only I have to restart the session, reload my setup, and then go onto a track that's lost the rubbered in racing line that it had before. It's not a massive issue, but it is kind of annoying.
Yeah, just practice 1 then, that'd be good too. 

Barely played online, can never find a lobby.

I did 4 seasons on 2011, 2 on 2012 and haven't done the Indian GP in season 1 on 2013. I agree with everyone - it's so boring! 2011 was nearly perfect - if it had 2013 handling it would be (for me). I liked the way the tracks rubbered in over the weekend on 2011 and the paddock menu was great. Codemasters need to go back to the "Live the Life" and "Feel it" rather than "Gimmicks will keep them happy". 

I must admit, I like the classic mode but that too will get boring eventually - sure different cars and tracks can be added each year but eventually it'll get repetitive.

I want drivers to change teams, teams to change engine suppliers and sponsors etc. I want a paddock menu with interviews and podiums etc. I also want commentary (I've been calling for this for years) to let me know what's happening in the race and a TV in the pit garage. TV Graphics would be great too, as would more mechanical failures (especially with the amount of stuff that can go wrong on the cars now).

Oh yeah and mechanical failures is must, totally agree with f1since08. I swear I can go an entire season without retiring in 2013

AMS97KRR said:
Oh yeah and mechanical failures is must, totally agree with f1since08. I swear I can go an entire season without retiring in 2013
I've only ever seen 1 failure, Maldonado blew up right in front of me.

AMS97KRR said:
Are you sure he didn't hit something?

yeah he probably did

AMS97KRR said:

I can't see them taking a year off anyway not with the new consoles I think they know that people will wantr a next gen F1 game and they know the sooner they can deliver one the better for all concerned, I just hope that it not only gts a new lick of paint but also some of the featuers get looked at as well at the very least the career mode needs a face lift and I think that needs to be a priority with 2014 even if they add a couple of new things now and add a couple of new things over the next few years this game needs something to give us back the 2010 feel we had when CM announced that they had got the F1 licensed and produced 2010 out of it. I felt ver y optimistic about it then knowing CM's gaming history but they definitely need to recapture that again

The career mode is pathetic, its so bland. Apart from getting to use your name and own helmet, your aswell just doing 19 GP weekend's....

They need to go back to the 2010 / 2011 style feels. The Live the Life style game with the paddock , the interviews , the Grand Prix weekend feel. What I've always wanted too was a helmet customiser , and be able to pick your own gloves. I also want a podium and commentary. 

BTW , am I the only one who thought the FFB on F1 2013 was horrible. Completely ruined the game for me . Made it unplayable. Only put a couple of hours into it in the end. And the annoying thing is that the FFB on F1 2012 was perfect. Shame.

Personally I didn't enjoy the Live the Life style. Just felt too fake, and like a giant loading screen. The interviews would be good if they meant something, but they didn't.

Being able to add a more personal touch to your driver is something that would improve the career mode. Podium would be interesting. Commentary in any sports game is dire and is just a waste of space.

Anyway, the most important part of an F1 game, or any racing game, is the actual on track. None of the games have ever kept me interested because the driving and racing has been lacking. FFB has been bad, especially in 2013 I didn't feel at all connected to the car and it took me ages to get my wheel even set up to close to feeling right. Getting the weather system to work, the AI to work, the tyre wear, fuel loads, car set-ups, etc. Get all of it to work properly first then worry about adding fancy stuff on.

All the Live the Life career modes with pointless add-ons like walking around the paddock and talking to Eddie Jordan are meaningless unless the driving and racing are good. But maybe that's just how my priorities are.

The career mode is pathetic, its so bland. Apart from getting to use your name and own helmet, your aswell just doing 19 GP weekend's....
indeed as I said in my post they need to recapture the feeling they had when they first started making he game because unless they can get things back to near there the game is going to struggle it started out si promisingly with 2010 but it's petered out since then and they need to get that back if they aer going to save the F1 series I think

SynGamer said:
The more I saw of WD, the less interested I became. Just reminded me too much of GTA 5 and I was really disappointed with that game.