The Game Thread!

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
Canceled my Watch_Dogs preorder and put that money towards Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4.
Bad mistake there Watch dogs in one of the better games out on the PS4
The more I saw of WD, the less interested I became. Just reminded me too much of GTA 5 and I was really disappointed with that game.
Tbh dude, it has got elements of GTA V, and you can tell with a few things that they did it because it worked in GTA V. But WD does have enough of its own feel to make you forget the similarities.
The whole hacking mindset of the game gives you different ways to approach any situation. Like say you need to get inside a certain building, you can go in guns blazing, lure guards and other AI characters out of the way and take them out quietly, or you could just hack the cameras to see what you need. Hell, you could even just cut the power and run in while the lights are out :) 

So yea, it's a bit like GTA V, but it does its own thing, and it does it well I'd say!

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
Canceled my Watch_Dogs preorder and put that money towards Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4.
Bad mistake there Watch dogs in one of the better games out on the PS4
The more I saw of WD, the less interested I became. Just reminded me too much of GTA 5 and I was really disappointed with that game.
that's strange because usually for me it's usually the other way round the more I see of a game that interests me the more I want it. That's certainly the case with Autosport at the moment anyway. Looking forward to getting my career under way on that already

That. Sounds. Awesome. Can't wait for my copy to arrive.
A few other things to make your wait harder: 

You can go into the media player on the phone and make a custom that plays when you get into a car. 
There's a side game called Spider Tank where you control a large mechanized spider that has a minigun and rocket launcher mounted on it. 
If you hear a song playing in say a shop or from someones car, you can use an app called song sneak to find out the song title and artist. You can also hack random songs from people on the street for adding to your own playlist.
There's a slowdown time thing called Focus, makes gunfights and cop chases very interesting! 
You can play chess.
You can hack money from random AI's bank accounts, the best places being Mad Mile and The Loop for richer people ;)

And there's tons more but you'll find out for yourself!

You can go into the media player on the phone and make a custom that plays when you get into a car. 
There's a side game called Spider Tank where you control a large mechanized spider that has a minigun and rocket launcher mounted on it. 
If you hear a song playing in say a shop or from someones car, you can use an app called song sneak to find out the song title and artist. You can also hack random songs from people on the street for adding to your own playlist.
There's a slowdown time thing called Focus, makes gunfights and cop chases very interesting! 
You can play chess.
You can hack money from random AI's bank accounts, the best places being Mad Mile and The Loop for richer people ;)

tbh your making me want to start now haven't started my game yet as I've been busy doing other things it's installed and cleared on my PC so it's ready to go  but once I'm finished my F1 and NFS Shift playthrough's i'll give it a go

looks like for the third race weekend in a row I'm doing battle with Vettel had a big fight with him in Canada in which I disposed of him in the champions wall as he spun in front of me. Then again in Valencia as I had to reel him in and pass him to take the spot he had and now at Silverstone I'm alongside him on the grid 9/10

You can play chess.

Theres not many good songs to create a custom playlist lol

Has anyone played a tennis game before? I downloaded yesterday the Virtua Tennis 4 demo and I liked the whole World Tour mode (But a few game days before the first official Open match the demo ended)   :-L

You can play chess.

There is if you like rock and punk rock :p Also, as I said, you hack more songs as you play.

You can play chess.

There is if you like rock and punk rock :p Also, as I said, you hack more songs as you play.
Only name i know is Alice Cooper.

mike96 said:
Has anyone played a tennis game before? I downloaded yesterday the Virtua Tennis 4 demo and I liked the whole World Tour mode (But a few game days before the first official Open match the demo ended)   :-L
I've played some on the DS and enjoyed them. Don't really like tennis that much though :p

You can play chess.

Only names I knew were Alice Cooper and Alkaline Trio, but all it takes is listening to the other songs to find out if you like them ;) Got about 15-20 songs on mine yet I don't really know who any of the artists actually are.

fIsince08 said:
mike96 said:
I've played some on the DS and enjoyed them. Don't really like tennis that much though :p
I think it would be better if someone who played it in a console posted here :P Anyway, anyone who remembers this?

You can play chess.

Only names I knew were Alice Cooper and Alkaline Trio, but all it takes is listening to the other songs to find out if you like them ;) Got about 15-20 songs on mine yet I don't really know who any of the artists actually are.
Only got 3 songs on mine lol

Don't get me wrong, I will eventually pick up WD, but for now, I'll save my $65.

mike96 said:
yes I have Topspin 3 & 4 on the PS3 that's pretty good think I've got Virtua Tennis too but not sure which one though

mike96 said:
I have Virtua Tennis 2009, it starts off fun but quickly becomes boring and repetitive. Maybe 4 is better, best go on you tube and watch a review

mike96 said:
I have Virtua Tennis 2009, it starts off fun but quickly becomes boring and repetitive. Maybe 4 is better, best go on you tube and watch a review
I think that's the one I've got too I generally stick with Topspin though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSAJdRpqltM

There goes my weekend.

mike96 said:
Yeah , but I prefer Top Spin to Virtua Tennis tbh. Haven't played either in a while though.

mike96 said:
Yeah , but I prefer Top Spin to Virtua Tennis tbh. Haven't played either in a while though.
I agree haven't played either for a while either but then I hsaven't been using my PS3 much at all lately aside for giving the World cup game a quick once over. it's all wired up I've just not used as I spend most of my time on PC

Good grief. EA are being nice and giving BF3 out for free on origin! :O

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/free-games/on-the-house

Good grief. EA are being nice and giving BF3 out for free on origin! :O

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/free-games/on-the-house
they did that with dead space 1 a few weeks ago I downloaded but couldn't get into it the controls were  too awkward shame really as I may have gone in and bought 2 and 3 if I had got on with it OK