The Game Thread!

Main gripes with the game so far:
Driving feels crap.
Screen can become overly cluttered.
Solutions:
Ride motorbikes instead of driving cars.
Turn off the phone when you don't need it by pressing square

:p

Senna content is out for GT6 and from what I read in GTplanet it's really good, especially the sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrfT7okQjnk

Looks terrible to me. The car is far too unrealistically quick unless everyone is faster then Ayrton Senna of course.

mike96 said:
Senna content is out for GT6 and from what I read in GTplanet it's really good, especially the sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrfT7okQjnk
Yeah was gonna get up earlier to see if it was out but I wasn't bothered. Just got up and downloading it now. Looks like it's gonna take an hour and a half though.

Driving feels crap.
Solutions:

Motorbikes aren't really my thing. 

And I've come up with a new complaint. Lightposts and traffic lights that have no weight to them, bounce around and are just plain brittle. I just saw a woman who snapped a pole by walking through it. I know it's such an insignificant thing, but those little details make the game that much better.

Driving feels crap.
Solutions:

Motorbikes aren't really my thing. 

And I've come up with a new complaint. Lightposts and traffic lights that have no weight to them, bounce around and are just plain brittle. I just saw a woman who snapped a pole by walking through it. I know it's such an insignificant thing, but those little details make the game that much better.
Makes getting around a lot easier, even if bikes aren't your thing :p

Yea, it is a little bit strange with stuff like that, but if they didn't break and you smashed into them and stopped all the time it'd be more annoying ;)

Is it bad that the first thing I looked at in this great photo of Ayrton Senna in his F3 car at Brands Hatch is the fact the angle of the camera shows the logo on the front to read 'Jean Poo Brasil'?

I need a new game, something to sink my teeth into that'll keep me entertained. Thought about modding Skyrim till it was unrecognisable but it's not doing it for me :( and all the games in my steam list just don't scream "play me". 

I've got two huge franchises I've never played before. Assassins Creed and Mass Effect. Think I might take a plunge and get one of them. 

Or I could just buy a few books and read them instead...

Herby007 said:
I need a new game, something to sink my teeth into that'll keep me entertained. Thought about modding Skyrim till it was unrecognisable but it's not doing it for me :( and all the games in my steam list just don't scream "play me". 

I've got two huge franchises I've never played before. Assassins Creed and Mass Effect. Think I might take a plunge and get one of them. 

I start reading a book I like , and I won't put it down until I've finished it. Shame I don't read that often. I should probably start to read more.

EDIt : But if I was going for one of those I'd go for AC.

Herby007 said:

well if you like your Sci-Fi then you'll love Mass Effect that's for sure Epic trilogy not to mention one of my personal favourites :D

I'm with @sjsharp2010. 

AC is ok, but it is just a game that puts you through a story. 
The Mass Effect series gives you choices, and those choices can effect massive things. Like there's a choice in the first game that influences things in the 3rd game. And depending on what you choose to say in the second game can completely change who dies and who lives.

You need a game to get your teeth into @Herby007? Mass Effect will give you an experience, Assassin's Creed will give you a story.

@AMS97KRR‌ I already have Civilisation V ;) . You are right, its brilliant, but I don't feel the motivation to play it without the latest DLC which looks like it improves on the gameplay massively.

@RevolvingPrawn‌ you've pretty much convinced me with your last statement. Don't suppose there is a demo you can grab for the first one? Also, any idea if you can play the first two on Steam and then transfer the save for origin to use?

Herby007 said:
@RevolvingPrawn‌ you've pretty much convinced me with your last statement. Don't suppose there is a demo you can grab for the first one? Also, any idea if you can play the first two on Steam and then transfer the save for origin to use?
Good! You won't regret it man. Another way to put it, I remember a large majority of the Mass Effect characters, and I can remember what each of them did or didn't do and how I interacted with each of them. With Assassin's Creed, I can remember the gist of the storylines, and I've only actually managed to finish a full AC game once. Mass Effect, I've played each game multiple times over to see how if I choose a different path, or say something completely, it'll effect whatever happens next :) 

Not that I know of, but Mass Effect 2 does have a demo :) It was playing that that first got me into ME. It should be just about spoiler free, and it'll give you a small glimpse into how it works.

As for the save files, I'm not sure at all bud. I'd guess it'd work, but @sjsharp2010 might know better than me. I did all of my numerous playthroughs on the 360 :p

Herby007 said:
Good! You won't regret it man. Another way to put it, I remember a large majority of the Mass Effect characters, and I can remember what each of them did or didn't do and how I interacted with each of them. With Assassin's Creed, I can remember the gist of the storylines, and I've only actually managed to finish a full AC game once. Mass Effect, I've played each game multiple times over to see how if I choose a different path, or say something completely, it'll effect whatever happens next :) 

Not that I know of, but Mass Effect 2 does have a demo :) It was playing that that first got me into ME. It should be just about spoiler free, and it'll give you a small glimpse into how it works.

As for the save files, I'm not sure at all bud. I'd guess it'd work, but @sjsharp2010 might know better than me. I did all of my numerous playthroughs on the 360 :p
I finished the first game but got bored with the 2nd one, haven't tried ME3 yet.

I think the Paddock Hill Bend run off area was tarmac and now it's gravel, same for Druids. Back in the 80s the Graham Hill bend was just one nice long left hander and now it's tighter and kind of has 2 parts. Also, Westfield Bend is now tighter on the apex than it was, similar to Graham Hill Bend.

I think the Paddock Hill Bend run off area was tarmac and now it's gravel, same for Druids. Back in the 80s the Graham Hill bend was just one nice long left hander and now it's tighter and kind of has 2 parts. Also, Westfield Bend is now tighter on the apex than it was, similar to Graham Hill Bend.
I'll be honest , I didn't notice any of that . Still can't beat the Brands time with the Lotus . Too much understeer at high speed corners for my liking.

I'll be honest , I didn't notice any of that . Still can't beat the Brands time with the Lotus . Too much understeer at high speed corners for my liking.
It's the gear ratios that annoy me, 1st and 2nd are too short due to the turbo.

Herby007 said:

I think you're thinking of ME3 3 has a demo I don't think 1 and 2 do at leas t I don't think I've seen one.As for game saves with ME2 you have to tell the configuration utility where they are stored on the PC in order for it to pick them up the place they're stored as default in Windows 7 is usually I think Users>username> My Documents>Bioware>MassEffect>save or something like that anyway you should be able to find it by looking for the name you gave your Shepard in the game as the filesave is usually called the same name you give your Shepard and basically direct the config utility to that location. All you have to do is click on copy Mass effect 1 save and tell it where it is. Mass Effect 3 isn't a problem as ME3 finds and does this automatically. This is with the disc versions though. I think 1 and 2 are on Steam 3 you would have to get through Origin as it's Origin powered anyway but definetwely worth it.

Like you @RevolvingPrawn I've played the game multiple times too I never seem to get tired of it.

I'd say 1 has got the weakest graphics but the strongest story and is a little bit shorter than the others as it doesn't have as many missions but the missions it does have aer quite long and very expansive 2 is probably the best overall package as everything seems pretty solid and 2 is also the longest part takes me the better part of a week to get through it mind you that is with all the DLC

3 again is quite long has the best graphics but is probably the weakestof the 3 in terms of story but still very solid.

Here's a little taster of what to expect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nETxAJsD0N4