The Game Thread!

Herby007 said:
@RevolvingPrawn‌ you've pretty much convinced me with your last statement. Don't suppose there is a demo you can grab for the first one? Also, any idea if you can play the first two on Steam and then transfer the save for origin to use?
Good! You won't regret it man. Another way to put it, I remember a large majority of the Mass Effect characters, and I can remember what each of them did or didn't do and how I interacted with each of them. With Assassin's Creed, I can remember the gist of the storylines, and I've only actually managed to finish a full AC game once. Mass Effect, I've played each game multiple times over to see how if I choose a different path, or say something completely, it'll effect whatever happens next :) 

Not that I know of, but Mass Effect 2 does have a demo :) It was playing that that first got me into ME. It should be just about spoiler free, and it'll give you a small glimpse into how it works.

As for the save files, I'm not sure at all bud. I'd guess it'd work, but @sjsharp2010 might know better than me. I did all of my numerous playthroughs on the 360 :p
I finished the first game but got bored with the 2nd one, haven't tried ME3 yet.
takes a bit of getting into but when you do it's totally worth it as I struggled at first to understand what was happening but now I really appreciate it and is now one of if not my favourite games especially ME2 anyway

Hearing some disturbing rumors that Microsoft has paid a considerable amount of money to secure exclusive rights to Fallout 4 on consoles. REALLY hoping this is just a bad hoax. If true, I will be swearing off Bethesda products/games forever...

They've got form for it, as their DLC was always timed exclusive for Xbox IIRC.

Nevertheless, it'll come out on PC so I'm safe :D

The DayZ SA has moved on a fair amount since they started adding survival elements. Hunting animals, starting campfires, fishing, cooking meat. Had a good night with my mate, ended up cooking a lot of steak on a campfire and had a few beers. The potential is great, hopefully they can get close to it.

@sjsharp2010 ME2 absolutely has a demo :p I played it before I even owned any of the games, and I checked Steam before posting about it, it's definitely there. 1 doesn't have a demo, and I don't remember 3 having one, but could be wrong about that.

For me, 1 has the weakest gameplay but best story, 2 has a mix of good gameplay and good story, 3 has fantastic gameplay and the weakest story but saying that, it's still a great game!

@sjsharp2010 ME2 absolutely has a demo :p I played it before I even owned any of the games, and I checked Steam before posting about it, it's definitely there. 1 doesn't have a demo, and I don't remember 3 having one, but could be wrong about that.

For me, 1 has the weakest gameplay but best story, 2 has a mix of good gameplay and good story, 3 has fantastic gameplay and the weakest story but saying that, it's still a great game!
3 did I didn't play it as I didn't want to spoil the fun having already got and done playthroughs of the first 2 and I only bought into the series about the octoobertime before 3 came out I think but 3 did have a demo as it's downloadable through origin I never saw ME 2's demo though I bought the series based partly on recommendations and also what I saw in youtube vids and being impressed with what I saw but either way after having experienced it I certainly don't regret taking the plunge love playing the Soldier and adept classes most. It's game i'll always continue to play as I do plan on doing moer playthrough's eventually. in fact was thinking being a Renegade Adept next :p I think the demo was just the first level of the Reapers arriving to start their attack

SynGamer said:
Hearing some disturbing rumors that Microsoft has paid a considerable amount of money to secure exclusive rights to Fallout 4 on consoles. REALLY hoping this is just a bad hoax. If true, I will be swearing off Bethesda products/games forever...
I'll be mad if that happens. I'll probably get it for PC anyway, but games like Fallout shouldn't be exclusive. I hate Microsoft and I hate the fact that certain games are exclusive.

I've never really played shooting games before (apart from the odd COD game at a mates' house) and I'm pretty rubbish at them. Anyway, I got sent some games for that Easter egg designing competition I won and it included Bodycount. So I fired it up and I'm still rubbish :p The game is really good, the graphics, the audio, but I've got no hope haha

I've never really played shooting games before (apart from the odd COD game at a mates' house) and I'm pretty rubbish at them. Anyway, I got sent some games for that Easter egg designing competition I won and it included Bodycount. So I fired it up and I'm still rubbish :p The game is really good, the graphics, the audio, but I've got no hope haha
Perhaps you're not playing the right ones or you need to turn the difficulty down as the COD's can be quite tricky shooters I've found at least the ones I have are quite tricky at timesas I've never beaten them. Battlefield I've found to be a little bit easier but usually prefer to graduate towards games that require more thought than pure gunslinging action

I've tried to win the World Cup about 10 or 11 times , either using Brasil or Spain. Knocked out in the quarter final EVERY SINGLE TIME. Really strange one.

Getting creative.

I had invited @Lukedfrt for a game, but for some reason or another he didn't respond. He'll say it was his dad on the PlayStation.

I've tried to win the World Cup about 10 or 11 times , either using Brasil or Spain. Knocked out in the quarter final EVERY SINGLE TIME. Really strange one.
Tried again , knocked out in  the quarter finals AGAIN.

Has anyone ever had a goalkeeper injured during a match on FIFA? Just asking as Mignolet got injured in training for me. I've seen keepers get sent off but never injured in a match.

Tried again , knocked out in  the quarter finals AGAIN.
I've been playing the FUT World cup, get through the groups without losing, then in the knock outs I come up against a starter pack team with less than 70 chemistry and lost like 4-1 or something. Very frustrating, didn't deserve to go out, totally fixed. 

WTF!!!!! 2 90th minute goals to go from winning 3-2 to losing 4-3......Totally not fixed.....GG EA, GG.

Having an Endurance racing day today just hada go at the Endurance races in Tier 3 of Shift now to do a couple of 100% races on F1 2012

I know a couple of you stream your games onto Twitch, but how does it actually work? Do you use a PVR of somesort and just link it up to Twitch?

And does it work with the PS3 and PS4? 

EDIT: Why my post suddenly switches font half way through that paragraph, I have no idea.