The Game Thread!

waiting for Dead space to downolad
Played it before bud?
I've seen vids of it on the internet but I haven't played it but it's available free from Origin now if you download it before may 8th so I thought I'd give it a go I know it's very Doom like sand I've played that as I've got that game looking forward to trying it out. If I get along weith it I'm thinking I might get 2 and 3 but I wanted to wait until I had a go with the first one

You are in for a treat! It's quite a lot more sketchy than Doom :p The Dead Space games are among the few games that have ever actually given me a scare! Atm I'm about halfway through the 3rd one but it's hard to play for too long with the tension lol.

The only games to have ever scared me: Slender: The Arrival, SCP: Containment Breach, and all 3 Dead Space games :)

You are in for a treat! It's quite a lot more sketchy than Doom :p The Dead Space games are among the few games that have ever actually given me a scare! Atm I'm about halfway through the 3rd one but it's hard to play for too long with the tension lol.

The only games to have ever scared me: Slender: The Arrival, SCP: Containment Breach, and all 3 Dead Space games :)
well at the moment I'm just having trouble mastering the controls as I'm finding them rather tricky given I'm used to using the arrow keys

Platy said:
SynGamer said:
Hoping to pick it up on the PS4 later this year.
I'll hopefully get it too if i get a PS4. Only just started watching Baseball so hopefully it'll help me learn about it :P
The Show is the best sports game made, easily. I'm tempted to get a PS4 just for the new game because it's going to be amazing. You'll learn a lot from it too. Who do you follow, or haven't you picked a team yet?
@Platy
Erm, think i'm going to follow the Dodgers. My dad follows the Red Sox, but i prefer to choose my own teams. Don't really know too much about them, they were on the tv at the time so yeah.  Think its quite a cool name too :P

But yeah, Madden helped a bit with the NFL, so hopefully MLBThe Show will have the same effect.

Platy said:
SynGamer said:
I'll hopefully get it too if i get a PS4. Only just started watching Baseball so hopefully it'll help me learn about it :P
The Show is the best sports game made, easily. I'm tempted to get a PS4 just for the new game because it's going to be amazing. You'll learn a lot from it too. Who do you follow, or haven't you picked a team yet?
@Platy
Erm, think i'm going to follow the Dodgers. My dad follows the Red Sox, but i prefer to choose my own teams. Don't really know too much about them, they were on the tv at the time so yeah.  Think its quite a cool name too :P

But yeah, Madden helped a bit with the NFL, so hopefully MLBThe Show will have the same effect.
The Dodgers have the best pitcher in baseball in Kershaw, but they also have the highest salary of all the teams. So they're kinda like Man City in a way. As long as you don't become a fan of the Angels then we'll get on fine.

Platy said:
SynGamer said:
@Platy

The Dodgers have the best pitcher in baseball in Kershaw, but they also have the highest salary of all the teams. So they're kinda like Man City in a way. As long as you don't become a fan of the Angels then we'll get on fine.

Just picked up a PS4. Hoping there is a demo for this so I can try it out first.

Platy said:
It's not out until May, so you've got a bit of time to wait.
Completely forgot that the PS3 and PS Vita versions came out first.

Finished (kinda) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker earlier today. Legit teared up a little at the ending. Don't know whether I should play Rising or Ground Zeros next.

SynGamer said:
Just picked up a PS4. Hoping there is a demo for this so I can try it out first.
What's your first impressions of the PS4 mate? :)

Lukedfrt said:
SynGamer said:
What's your first impressions of the PS4 mate? :)
Smooth. Think of the PS3's OS as sandpaper and try licking it. Now think of the PS4's OS as ice cream and try licking it. World of difference :P But seriously, it just runs so smooth, very snappy. And the games (demos so far) look pretty good. Definitely looking forward to the first racing title that appears.

Right now I have a few PS+ games like Dead Nation, Contrast and Don't Starve installed. Will try those this week. I also have the FIFA 14, and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes installed. Will give those a try sometime as well.

One thing that really impresses me (and disappoints at the same time) is the Dualshock 4. It feels infinitely better than the DS3. Light, responsive, and the sticks feel great. Not loose like the PS3. The triggers are improved, though still a bit small compared to the 360 and X1, but definitely an improvement over the PS3.

BUT, that lightbar on the back of the DS4 is really annoying and is killing the battery. I also noticed the controller didn't go into sleep-mode while watching a blu-ray. Wonder if that's by design or a bug?

My controller lasts about two days before needing a charge. You can set it to automatically turn off or you can turn it off yourself though.

Realized why I was sucking so hard in URL, had somehow set career difficulty to hard. That's why every single race was tight to the neck. 

OMERGURD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYWqE55s24
Saw that yesterday, CANNOT WAIT! Huge Civ fan, and this is basically a sequel to Alpha Centauri.